horseplace can't fill the hole inside of you // seeking refuge

ALL THE KINGS HORSES AND ALL THE KINGS MEN
COULDN'T UNDO ALL THE DAMAGE I DID

siltcloud 21 moons female she/her shadowclan exile

ttttttttttttttt.gif
Paws ache and legs burn with overuse as she trudges along, exhaustion seeping into every pore. It's been days now - kit paws are much slower it seems than her own. She does her best to avoid the clan territories - skirting the loner lands and avoiding every passerby she can. They're so close now - to shadowclan, to lilacfur, to home. But... eyes trail over to the small bodies lagging behind her, and she frowns. They're all tired and weary - she doubts they can make it much further. And so to the sound of hoof steps thundering against the earth and dogs barking in the distance, she herds them all towards shelter.

Cats.

It's there the moment she passes through the gap an enters the barn, that all to familiar scent. Even beneath the damp itchy of straw against the nose, the barnyard scent of animals mingling, she finds it - how could she not?

The barn had loomed overhead like a beacon, and siltcloud wasn't one turn turn it down. Twolegplace had taught her that strange things can be safety - unsealed twoleg nests like this one a great way to leave the elements behind. Marblekit and Syamorekit are not as hearty as her - cannot handle the cold as well as she, and even that much is a stretch these days. Even still, dust hued pelt bristles at the thought of having to share the shelter she has found... but they were here first, these cats. She can only hope they are as kind, as naive as sharpeye had been - willing to offer up their own food and home for the time being.

Tail flicks out to block her kits, spine curving in her anxiety for a moment as she takes in the sheer number of them - part of her writhes in discomfort, being surrounded by so many strangers after so long. " I... " tongue grazes the roof of her mouth as she pauses, trying to find the right words to say. " We don't mean any harm... just looking for a place to rest... for the night, " she says, voice wheezing - though she still doesn't let down her guard. A few seem strikingly familiar, and she can only pray that they aren't remnants of her past mistakes but of the days she'd roamed the loner lands in search of friends. She doesn't hold much hope in that, however.

actions & " speech, " & 'thoughts/quotes'

I F - I - C A N ' T - B E - Y O U R - H E R O , I ' L L - B E - Y O U R - V I L L A I N

// this is open to any horseplace cats! they're currently seeking shelter @marblekit @sycamorekit

[ ༻ 𐃉 ༺ ] Tired steps followed suit behind Siltcloud, green gaze tired while every step was filled with pain, pain from his paws to the clawing feeling of hunger and the cold wind that continued to nip his nose and ears. He was cold, so cold and yet he still gripped tightly onto the small silver trinket he planned to give to his other mother once he saw her, green gaze looking into the horizon as he stuck close to his sister's side, his own cinnamon fur brushing against hers.

Soon enough a strange smell caught his nose, and not only the strange scent but noises too, the smell of hay, a barn and strange creatures making unfamiliar noises everything unknown and unfamiliar, it was overwhelming. They stuck close to their sister and soon they would come to a halt as more strange scents hit his nose, more cats it would seem and slowly his fur began to rise on his back, shifting to stand slightly in front of her own sister while ears swerved to pin across his skull.

Yet his mother speaks, asking them to let the three of them stay, her tail having been protectively infront of the two, his weary green gaze looking to her before finally dropping the trinket at their paws. "We're... we're so hungry, please... and... and cold" their voice soft, and nervous while they shifted closer to their mother, gaze seeking for that of his other mother, hoping to catch a glimpse of the molly his mother always described, hoping she would be there in the crowd of barncats only to see none resembling their other mom, disappointment, tiredness, and hunger waved over his form, his tiny legs shaking underneath his own weight while his paws burned from standing. He just wanted to curl up in a ball and sleep at this point.

• "speak""Thoughts"
  • Sycamorekit 𐃉 He,She, They, rouge kitten , 1 moons.
    LH Rosetted Cinnamon Tabby with low white and green eyes, has an extra set of toes
    Lilacfur x Siltcloud
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted (ask first) / / underline and tag when attacking
    see battle info here
    penned by Ryn@/Rynnaro on discord, feel free to dm for plots.