carrion trail 𓇻 wolfsong

Sep 6, 2023
β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”βŠ°π“‡»βŠ±β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”

The light from the sun still clinging at the center of the sky filtered past him to cast a long shadow into the medicine cat's den, he stared at it stretching and felt a cold chill sweep over him as he realized the elongated features of his shadowy self looked more like Sunstar than he did when not cast in darkness; aside from the single flopped ear one might even believe the leader stood there at the mouth of the hollow. But he was neither leader nor as imposing, the opposite really when you got right down to it. His chocolate pelt was ringed in a light touch of yellow-orange as he stood there awkwardly. He had seen no sign of Cottonpaw, which meant he would at least

"I...Γ°ir..I mean...Wolfsong, I'm-" Bearpaw faltered, it had been only a while since the revolution, the rise of tooth and claw that reclaimed the moors from a blood spilled legacy and what had he contributed but shaking limbs and his own maroon stains upon the grass. "I'm sorry." A fool wouldn't recognize the embarrassment of coming from two powerful warriors only to be so repulsed by the very idea of violence it made him sick. He didn't want to add to the blood that pooled underfoot, he didn't want to be known as one who left a scar, a memory of pain forever etched on a cat's pelt. He knew it was a weak ideaology, he knew he should not be so single minded as to assume that his resistance to it would do anything but hurt him in the long run but still he could not force himself to believe otherwise.

• @WOLFSONG

• dglicue-5c0fa557-9d89-4b01-8784-30641829cdcf.png
    Bearpaw
    β€”βŠ°β‹… Apprentice of WindClan
    β€”βŠ°β‹… He/Him
    "SPEECH", 'THOUGHTS', ATTACK
    β€”βŠ°β‹… SH Chocolate Rosette Tabby w/blue eyes.

β”€β”€α¨’β†Ÿβ†Ÿα¨’β†Ÿα¨’β†Ÿβ†Ÿα¨’β”€β”€ Lifting from broken herb stems and leaves, his one-eyed gaze settles on the flame-lashed pelt of Bearpaw. It is strange knowing the child who most closely resembles his mate is, in fact, nearly completely his opposite. Even as children, his mate had a warrior's spirit, one Sunstar's father attempted to restrain and collar. Perhaps, he wonders, his efforts succeededβ€” but through our son. He does not love Bearpaw any less for his...claw-hesitance, however, and Wolfsong has great admiration for thoughtful, creative minds. Still, it is frustrating. "My son," he greets, a small wrinkle between his eyes.

Bearpaw wrestles with something, and it all becomes clear when he apologizes. Wolfsong hums, standing to approach the apprentice. With his father's size, he will very soon outgrow Wolfsong; he is nearly there already. "I see the instinct flounders in you, Bearpaw, and I worry it will be your end in battle." He exhales slowly. "You think too much, I imagine. You would not harm a cat's father, brother or sonβ€” but in hesitating, you risk harming your father, your siblings, and perhaps one day your own son."
78133981_OgqdbQiOYIHTMTk.png
WOLFSONG of WINDCLAN FORMER ROGUE TURNED MEDICINE CAT. 41 MOONS, HE/HIM, NPC X NPC. MATES WITH SUNSTRIDE (07/05/2023). BIOGRAPHY, PINTEREST, & PLAYLIST.
  • β€” β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜†β˜† WOUNDS: You're (mostly) in safe paws. You'll know if he's less experienced if he asks for your permission to try a treatment. No wound can scare him away from knowledge.
    β€” β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜†β˜† INFECTION: He can prevent most infections. If you feel feverish, let him know; he'll hum thoughtfully over herbs and sniff your wound before saying, "With your blessing..."
  • β€” β˜…β˜†β˜†β˜†β˜† ACHES & PAINS: If you complain to him of pain, he'll ask where. If it's a headache, you'll likely feel a bit better. For anything else, "Try this, if you'd like, and tell me how you feel."
    β€” β˜…β˜†β˜†β˜†β˜† BROKEN BONES: At best. he can ask you to remain lying down in the den. He may try to distract you with conversation while he considers what herb to feed you.
  • β€” β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜… TRAVELING HERBS: Going somewhere? No worries; Wolfsong knows just what you need to stay hale and healthy during your journey. The rest is up to you.
    β€” β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜†β˜† KITTING: Thanks to Starlingheart and his own pregnancy, he's better prepared for the arrival of kits, but any complications will need a little faith and a lot of luck.
  • β€” β˜…β˜†β˜†β˜†β˜† POISONS: It's best if you avoid eating anything unfamiliar to youβ€” it's probably just as unfamiliar to Wolfsong. The best he can do is offer you yarrow and sit with you.
    β€” β˜…β˜…β˜†β˜†β˜† ILLNESS: If it's white or greencough, you'll likely recover. Otherwise, prepare for odd concoctions and the usual request that you consent to a little trial-and-error.

β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”βŠ°π“‡»βŠ±β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”

His heart flutters like a moth, drawn to the warmth and parental affection but afraid of the fire edging within the medicine cat's tone. It is not cruel, but there is a stern concern in every words; he almost wishes he was being scolded proper so he can pinpoint where the sting settled with each reminder of his failings. He can't deny the truth of it, Bearpaw was not so foolish as to think himself capable of saving every cat when it comes to conflict, blood was spilled for victory; had their resistance against Sootstar taught him nothing other than that? Violence perpetuates but it also stops a vicious cycle. He thinks of sparing a cat only for them to turn claw on his siblings or his clanmates and it sends a jolt of ice through his veins so piercing he visible flinches at the thought. He can't help himself, he wishes he could turn his empathy off but he fears what happens when something blots the sun, "I want to be better, I do. I just..." Bearpaw trails off, how can he describe the fear of his own strength - naturally built and formidable, his only weakness a lack of training; if he was tempered like a blade he could cut through anything and he knows it and that was where his worries lie. He does not want to what does not deserve it.
Don't cats deserve a chance to live? Is it his job to make that call? He thinks of Snakehiss and Sootspot, loyal followers to their ashen queen who still linger like blood stains. He's glad they were not killed but he wonders what will happen if they decide to turn. Will his father regret blood not spilling as Bearpaw constantly frets over in less dire situations?
"How do I decide when I can avoid claws? How do I know when I can't?"

• Β 

• 75204791_pMEBRLaFNue5FJp.png
    Bearpaw
    β€”βŠ°β‹… Apprentice of WindClan
    β€”βŠ°β‹… He/Him
    "SPEECH", 'THOUGHTS', ATTACK
    β€”βŠ°β‹… SH Chocolate Rosette Tabby w/blue eyes.