pafp carry me back home — returning

DUSKPOOL

fate leads the willing and drags the unwilling
Feb 18, 2023
don't raise your voice . improve your argument .
︶꒦꒷♡꒷꒦︶
/ takes place after this and this thread

Duskpool emerged with Palemoon nestled beside him when his cheek stung bitterly, matted with caked ichor that’d long since become a subtle throb beneath smokey obsidian fur did molten hues sweep across camp in search of a familiar dusty pelt. His eyes meet golden copper, expression pinched with ghostly, tired hues when his heart calmed its rapid thump. It looks like the kid made it back just fine, though I can’t say the kid got a lick of sleep. He winced, breathy sigh escapin’ scarred lips when reality sunk in.

The older warrior had been gone since Tatteredlight’s vigil, sendin’ Duststorm away in the late throes of the night and only just appearin’ after sunhigh. Shit. His flank brushed absently against Palemoon, relishin’ in comfort the molly seemed to exude, loosin’ taunt muscle.

A wooly plumage sweeps across the ground, helm twistin’ to press his nose against her temple, lips curled in a faint smile. “Thanks for joinin’ me.” He murmured huskily. Life and death partners, huh? He can’t recall when someone made that kind of proclamation to the obsidian warrior. His heart gave a bittersweet squeeze, nestled against ivory bone.

Regardless. Duskpool would make damn good on his promise to be with her till she ain’t got a use for him. He was serious about stickin’ with her till she was old and blind as a badger, not that he ain’t blind himself — right side nothin’ more than monochrome shadows.

“Seems I lost track of time.” He mused out loud if anyone had been worried about the missin’ tom, Duststorm bein’ among them. He side-eyed the medicine den, molten hues narrowin’ before decidin’ the injury ain’t somethin’ he needed to bother Dawnglare and Fireflyglow with. It’ll heal on its own if he cleans it regularly. Ain’t worth the resources.

If anyone did question the injury, Duskpool was prone to avoidin’ the subject entirely, and that was just what he planned. Intendin’ to veer off to see about joinin’ a patrol, not without lettin’ Palemoon know with a gentle flick of his tail to her shoulder.

/ please wait for @Palemoon
thought speech

Time often flies whenever she's with Duskpool, which is clear evidence of how she enjoys time with him. She enjoyed relishing in the night until the sun rose over the horizons with him by her side. The sunrise reflected his molten honey gaze with their ranging from yellow to red, even if his gaze didn't have any red─ the sight automatically brought warmth much like the sun. Once the sun had finally settled in the sky and they realized how long they've been gone, the pair returned to camp. The smoke warrior brushes against her as she keeps to his side and a soft yawn parts her jaws as she looks up at him as he thanks her. A soft smile parts her lips as she leans into his touch, her eyes closing momentarily before touching her nose to his. ”Mmm... of course... I'll be down anytime...” Palemoon coos softly with a flick of her ears. Duskpool exclaimed he wouldn't mind her offer to stick together in life and death, but she wonders what he would think in the future moons. What if he grew tired of her when she eventually went blind and needed helping with grooming herself? What if he was tired of her stumbling over objects whenever he walked or he felt chained to her?

The thought makes her lips purse for a moment and she catches sight of Duststorm having made it back safe to camp, which she knows Duskpool feels relief for with all the accidents happening. She brushes her thoughts away and assumes that she'll only find out until the day comes when she's eventually brittle, blind and creaking as an old floorboard. Her gaze drifts along with his molten and notes that he looks at the medicine den and she can already assume that he's going to make a little of it. Thus she coughs softly, ”... I know what you're thinking... go get it checked out...” Pale reprimands softly as she bumps his shoulder softly with her frame, her soft features furrowing at how he cares so little about himself. Hopefully, one day, Duskpool would learn to love and care for himself just as he did for everyone else. Even if it was just for a moment to take the time to groom his coat out or get simple scratches tended to prevent infection, or even attempt to sleep.

His tail touches her shoulder as he parts from her as she looks at him like a lost dog momentarily. He didn't even get any sleep, and he was trying to join a patrol? ”... Duskpool...” Pale starts as she ponders her next words and she feels her ears heat up for a moment. ”... Would you like... to join me for a nap...?” You need rest. Stop pushing yourself so much and let me care for you. She realizes how her words come off and she adverts her gaze for a moment before backtracking quickly to stop the burning in her cheeks. ”A-Ah... like... you never slept...”