private caught up in the twinkle / turtle

Oct 14, 2023
A paw dips into the water, fur tugging along the frigid stream. Still cold, now moving. Goldenpaw appeciates the mild temperatures, excited more than ever to bring her catches in when the waters fully thaw. The cats she's tagged along with are in the distance, serious, focused. They will be more likely to come to camp mouths full of prey when newleaf is in its entirety, not that the tabby realizes.

Leafbare lacks in chances to learn fishing, but Silverbreath has made sure she has the reflexes and skills despite having no live experience. Now, she gets a chance to feel the waters currents. Her whiskers twitch as she skims over the rocks, their river-smoothed surfaces clacking as she moves them. Soon, the last bits of ice will disappear. Soon, she can fish. Excited for the honor that is -- to her -- solely RiverClanner, Goldenpaw daydreams of scales gleaming in her teeth, glittering like the pebbles below. Eye catching on one of them, she notices it darken as a shadow falls over her.

Yelping, she draws her paw back, splashing water onto the cat who'd approached behind her. Blinking in surprise, then shaking her ears out, a smile forms on her face. "Oh, just you! Hi @turtlepaw !"
k6JEnaR.png
i know you can make it righta

i'm in the in between, honey

As a RiverClan cat, Turtlepaw was no stranger to splashes of water. In fact, she was excited to be wet. Born in the cold of leafbare, she had not been able to learn to swim as a kit, deemed to cold. She took every opportunity she could now to get her fur wet and feel the currents on her skin. With a delighted shriek the young apprentice giggles as the water droplets cling to her whiskers.

"Hi Goldenpaw! Whatcha doing? Can I help?" She was the youngest apprentice, last to be granted that role before 6 moons old. Turtlepaw didn't realize her age difference most of the time, but there were moments. Moments when the apprentices looked so stern and professional. Would she be like them eventually? Able to handle herself in front of warriors and not just throw whatever came to her mind at them? Time would tell.