cbat || short posts thread, reply to this if big gay

Aug 1, 2022
4408701a7c091c6fdede647ba83a625f67147320.jpg

A S H P A W.

Ashpaw blinks in the sunlight, stepping out of the apprentices' den. Her weeks of grief and hiding, ensconced within its walls, are long behind her now—because while Pumpkinpaw may be gone and cats like Spiderfall still roam the forest, there is a clan full of cats (and kits!! Willowroot babies!! soon!!!!!!!!) depending on prey.

As she does every morning, Ashpaw takes a deep breath and tells herself, I can be brave.

She's noticed a group heading out to hunt. Left hanging once again by her… absentminded temporary mentor, the little tabby approaches the patrol and purrs a quiet greeting.

"Can I come?" she'll ask one of the warriors. "To hunt?"

—— " i found gold in the wreckage "
9e59d1d6280f842ca0769cf2794ac61dc0d38199.jpg

• short posts thread for some low-stakes fun!! goal word counts between 50-150 (this one is 110)
  • - 6 month old orange tabby with green eyes
    - apprenticed to lead warrior willowroot
    - happy-go-lucky, mischievous, hardworking
    - very friendly, but defensive of riverclan!
    - "speech"
  • - disclosed being physically and emotionally abused by Spiderfall, who was exiled & who then killed her best friend
    - spent a couple months depressed
    - returned to ic/ooc activify

GUTTA CAVAT LAPIDEM : they weren’t having much luck. they were hungry, resorting the land hunting as the river continues to frost. buckgait was sending patrols and he hoped it would be enough, lead a greater portion of them himself as willowroot continues to bloat with kits and smokethroat — smokethroat lies in the medicine den, curled loose in a nest cicadastar tries to keep warm. moss he replaces around him, gentle nudges to his skull to rest more comfortably as he sleeps. a deep sleep, one he isn’t sure the lead warrior would wake from. regardless, the tortoiseshell vowed to find something, anything, before he rested.

of course, little mouse! “ the man purrs right back, painting a smile on his face just for the ginger tabby, “ perhaps you can show me what willowroots taught you so far. “ he aims to bump the little apprentice playfully with his shoulder, long limbs then aiming towards the exit to camp. maybe the beech copse?

• CICADASTAR ; he / him. roughly thirty nine months old, riverclan leader
    − handsome, lanky black smoke tortie chimera with curly fur and ice blue eyes
    − gay. speaks with a german accent, ages on the seventh, penned by antlers

• felinedad.png
  • 173 words hehe
  • none.

The black smoke finds himself in the cold once more, this time taking part in the morning's round of hunting patrols. Though RiverClan has been struggling as of late to find fish - though they have had to resort to finding prey on land - Tide still carries some hope that the patrol will find something.

A voice shakes him out of his thoughts, and the tom looks down at the source of it. Frost-hued eyes brighten at the little orange apprentice asking to join in on the patrol, at Cicadastar's acceptance. "Welcome in, little one!" he greets Ashpaw with a cheerful tone, "I bet you'll get the best catch out of all of us!"

// 115 words!​

It is so very difficult for Fishface to catch prey in the snow. His limbs are far too shrimpy to break through the powder efficiently, and even if he's fortunate enough to spot potential fresh-kill, it almost always outruns him. A dejected huff parts from his maw as he thinks about the hunt ahead. Will today be any different?

He is standing a fair breadth away from his leader, and he seeks to maintain the distance from here on in - if Cicadastar sees him being ineffective, would he demote him? A most frightening notion indeed.

The tom's pointed snout aims at Ashpaw upon her approach. "There's a vole out there with your name on it!" he lauds through a half-distracted smile.

// 121 words!