CHANGING ME [ nightwhisper ]

———————————she/her | menacing ——————————
Things hadn't changed, yet the atmosphere of camp felt different, lately. Her eyes closed briefly, having returned from another hunting patrol, jaws settling down what little prey she had scoured onto the small freshkill pile. It felt barren, but it was hardly any different then seasons past. A soft sigh left her mouth, breath curling white in the dim of Shadowclan's camp. The approach of another's paws caused her ears twitch, and vision shifting to her blood.

She relaxed gently at the sight of her daughter, vision scanning her quickly for any note of injury or illness before a smile graced Scalejaw's face. "My daughter." She murmured softly, her ears twitching gently. Her tail lifted, gesturing Nightwhisper to take a seat near her. "How are you today?"

// @Nightwhisper. i know it's super short but it's something raaaa

"yuh"
[penned by dallas].

Reactions: Nightwhisper.

I don't mind if the world spins faster

Things in Shadowclan seem to be a bit... wibbly woobly, first Chilledstar wishes for the clan to get along, and look out for each other's back and then punishing Ferndance for having gone out of the safety of camp by putting her on house arrest (justified by so, but it did feel a bit...extreme in her only good eye). Her tufted tail swished as she noticed her mother return from a patrol and figured it would be a good time to check on the other, after all the two were quite busy with their own duties that sometimes family bonding were opted for other times.

A warm smile dance on their face before slipping to stand next to her own mother with a dip of a greetingz her golden gaze filled with warmth. "Busy, of course thats nothing new...Eager for new leaf to arrive as well. How are you holding up?" she hummed softly before her good eye danced on the small fresh-kill pile before them. Silly to think that cats thought it was a bright enough idea to bring kits into the world at a time like this but... even the harshest of season brought stronger warriors to face.

"Hopefully this leaf-bare runs smoothly, you know? No illnesses no nothing..." the clan as a whole already had so much going on, deaths, two at least that were recent and yet all they could do was keep on trudging along of course.
"speak""Thoughts"

———————————she/her | menacing ——————————
Scalejaw hummed quietly as Nightwhisper found her flank. Her head turned, pressing her nose behind the other's ear. Her head nodded in agreement soon after as she pulled away. "I would love for new leaf to arrive ahead of schedule." She murmured in response. Something about the cold made everyone far more bitter. "I am... fine. Busy, stressed about keeping the clan fed. Ferndance did us no favors bringing more mouths in this time of year."

Scalejaw reflected briefly that Chilledstar had been harsh on the queen, but only in punishment. Their words had been soft, caring almost- it was an act that needed to be laid out. Ferndance's actions had caused a death, and there was no way to avoid saying that. Scalejaw's ears twitched, and a small nod followed wisely. "We can only hope. Starclan has mysterious plans, I suppose." Her eyes squinted across the way, looking at something- someone?- before shifting her vision back towards Nightwhisper.

"You are feeling alright? No trouble?" Scalejaw questioned- if nothing else then just to make sure her daughter was in one piece.

"yuh"
[penned by dallas].

Reactions: Nightwhisper.