the dark forest cheated out of the childhood you needed // marblepaw

I'M THE MONSTER YOU INVENTED
HOW COULD YOU EVER FORGET ME NOW ?

siltcloud 21 moons female she/her dark forest rogue

dbp6sl7-caa8d532-cbdd-486d-80ea-29ec34139e78.png
" Marblepaw, " soft voice breaks the deadened silence of the rotting forest, dust hued molly slipping out from beneath tangled roots to greet her child.

The second time she drags her child to this place, they are alone - somewhere out there in the real world, moon is shining overhead, clanmates drifting off into the land of dreams. There will be no such fate for her kitten - not tonight. " Medicine cat apprentice.... I'm so proud of you, " she coos, soft voice raspy and eyes glowing with pride - even if her expression remains ever dull. A careful coil of her skeletal frame, the rasp of a tongue against paler brown fur - the gleam of green eyes in the night.

In truth, she hates this - that Marblepaw is now training beneath Starlingheart. She's never liked her - soft headed, soft hearted. Weak - she'd never understood what Granitepelt had seen in her, no matter how often the situation had come up in gossip between herself and Loampelt and Lilacfur. But medicine cat - now that is a role worth celebrating. Because it means power - greatness. Everything Siltcloud could never have - had never really wanted, at least not in life.

But look where her complacency had gotten her? She'd always known StarClan had abandoned her - abandoned ShadowClan. And now is her chance to prove it to them.

actions & " speech, " & 'thoughts/quotes'

M A Y H E M F O L L O W S M E A R O U N D

// @MARBLEPAW

Her dreams do not begin this night. Marblepaw blinks and finds herself in thick, mossy darkness, sticky like sweat-drenched paw pads. She can feel her mother's movement breaking the monotonous gray shadows, feels her presence tickle her whiskers with warm breath. They twist, searching for Sycamorepaw's familiar ruddy pelt, but he is not present this time. She had gone to bed alone, after all, and now... now perhaps StarClan is only for her. They lift a paw to their face, as if to check it's still there, still solid.

"Hi," she mews, dipping her head respectfully. Her paw pads tingle with warmth that she knows she shouldn't feel... Siltcloud had hurt her Clan, had killed Betonyfrost's daughter. She shouldn't be sharing dreams with her at all, but... she had been allowed into StarClan, so that must mean Marblepaw is doing nothing wrong by meeting with her... right?

"Thank you." Her tongue feels thick, dry; she clears her throat and closes her eyes as her mother's tongue rasps against pale dust-hued fur. Her heart jumps into her throat. I miss you, she wants to cry, but she holds herself together, maintains her rigid posture. "I asked Starlingheart," she confesses. "I thought... I thought it was the best way to help ShadowClan." After what you did, she almost adds, but the words get stuck in her throat.

"How come Sycamorepaw isn't here this time?" She tilts her head to one side, eyes round as shadowed moons.

• ooc:
  • pcAn1D5.jpeg
  • Marblekit . Marblepaw, she/they w/ feminine and non-gendered terms.
    — “speech”, thoughts, attack
    — 6 moons old, ages realistically on the 1st.
    — mentored by Starlingheart ; mentoring n/a ; previously mentored n/a
    — shadowclan medicine cat apprentice, formerly a rogue. siltcloud x lilacfur, gen 3.
    — currently mated to n/a.
    — penned by Marquette.

sh fawn tabby with dull green eyes. courageous, curious, introspective, observant, judgmental, snarky.

I'M THE MONSTER YOU INVENTED
HOW COULD YOU EVER FORGET ME NOW ?

siltcloud 21 moons female she/her dark forest rogue

dbp6sl7-caa8d532-cbdd-486d-80ea-29ec34139e78.png

" Of course... " she rasps agreeably, dull eyes blinking slowly. " Healing... is a noble profession - you'll save lives, " she means none of it of course - Starlingheart has never saved anyone Siltcloud has cared about, only taken them.

Her daughter asks after her brother, and she blinks - startled. Lip curls, if only for a moment, the look gone as quick aas it comes. " You and Sycamorepaw walk.... different paths now. You should not worry about seeing him here, " she says, though words are quick to turn sharp. Marblepaw will not turn out like her - will not linger in her brothers shadow, but instead stand tall on her own.

actions & " speech, " & 'thoughts/quotes'

M A Y H E M F O L L O W S M E A R O U N D

"Healing is a noble profession," her mother rasps, her voice like a bladed tongue over her kittenish ears. Marblepaw's lips quiver, tremulous, into a smile. Siltcloud is proud of her, then. "I think so, too," she mews, giving her chest fur an anxious lick. She's still uncomfortable here, where the air feels sticky on her whiskers, where the shadows twist around her in a forest oddly breezeless. "ShadowClan has started to feel like a home to me," she murmurs. "But it was hard, at first. I just wanted you to come get us."

She is only just perceptible enough to see her mother's lip curl; a gleam of faint is apparent, if only for a moment. "You and Sycamorepaw walk different paths now," she tells Marblepaw, and the younger she-cat quirks her head. "You should not worry about seeing him here." "He doesn't hang around me as much anymore," she murmurs, and she can't keep the sadness from her voice. "I miss him, too. And Lilacfur. I love Starlingheart, but sometimes..." She blinks; the blasphemous thought is gone.

How can I be lonely, when I have all of StarClan to guide me now?

• ooc:
  • pcAn1D5.jpeg
  • Marblekit . Marblepaw, she/they w/ feminine and non-gendered terms.
    — “speech”, thoughts, attack
    — 7 moons old, ages realistically on the 1st.
    — mentored by Starlingheart ; mentoring n/a ; previously mentored n/a
    — shadowclan medicine cat apprentice, formerly a rogue. siltcloud x lilacfur, gen 3.
    — currently mated to n/a.
    — penned by Marquette.

sh fawn tabby with dull green eyes. courageous, curious, introspective, observant, judgmental, snarky.