CINNABAR ISLAND ✮ DITTO

IGNITION

THE DEVIL IN HIS YOUTH
Mar 7, 2024

✮ ⋆ ˙ He spots the cat cresting the tip of a fence. Elegant, with a tapered muzzle and fur in cascading shades of grey and cream. And upon their neck: a collar, much alike his own. Yet their ribs do not jut as his now do; perhaps still under the care of a twoleg, yet they move as though these winding streets are as much their home as any nest. Purposeful, coordinated, much unalike his own wandering daze.

A good ally to have, he thinks. "Hello, stranger!" Ignition calls, with a carefully crafted sort of cheer. Friendly. Don't want to give off the wrong impression; cats around here can be testy, he's found. He trots over with a wary smile, careful not to get too close. "You seem far more accustomed to these streets than I," he adds - voice softer now, prompting. His good eye looks them up and down closer now, glittering with curiosity. If they've been here longer, they'll know more about this strange place than him - and he needs all the knowledge he can get if he is to survive here.

• @ditto
  • 79604339_gomTw2tfmqzfYkT.png

"SPEECH"
  • IGNITION he / him, twolegplace rogue, thirteen moons.
    a curly-eared tabby of swirling black and deep red-brown bearing a burgundy collar.
    left eye is blind and permanently dilated.
    charming and manipulative, willing to do anything to get ahead.
    npc xx npc, former kittypet.
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / / underline and tag when attacking
    penned by SATURNID ↛ saturnids on discord, feel free to dm for plots.

Ditto's thoughtful quiet, watching the meandering path of the ants atop the fence they perch on, is interrupted by the ringing of an unfamiliar voice in his ears. The tip of their tail twitches, green eyes turning towards the stranger as he approaches. He greets them as such, curly ears twitching upward and a friendly wave of his tail accompanying honeyed words.

"I wouldn't think so. We've only been here a few moons. Where do your housefolk live ...?" They muse, dulled attention flicking over his face, voice trailing off into an unspoken question of introduction. The collar at his throat marks him as similar to Ditto themself, but a certain scruffy air makes them wonder if this is one of Flora's friends.

✮ ⋆ ˙ Ignition is not immediately chased off, which he considers a success. This cat must be one of the friendlier sorts that wanders the street beneath the skyline, then. He notes a trace of hesitance in their tone, however, and is careful to maintain his cheer - even as the stranger inquires as to his housefolk. He sweeps a paw out in a dramatic gesture. "They lived - when I knew them - far from here in the most marvelous of homes, so tall it could nearly touch the clouds themselves." A life of prosper and riches, snatched away in a second. His unwavering smile tilts rueful.

"I used to look down over streets much like this one... But my housefolk banished me nor longer than a moon ago, and now I wander an unfamiliar land." He dips his head theatrically, a tragic touch. Mismatched eyes peer up at the stranger. Nonthreatening, pitiful. This will do well in convincing the other to help. "I am afraid I find myself rather lost, these days," he finishes, letting something vulnerable creep into his voice. A perfect performance.

• 79604339_gomTw2tfmqzfYkT.png

"SPEECH"
  • IGNITION he / him, twolegplace rogue, fourteen moons.
    a curly-eared tabby of swirling black and deep red-brown bearing a burgundy collar.
    left eye is blind and permanently dilated.
    charming and manipulative, willing to do anything to get ahead.
    npc xx npc, former kittypet.
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / / underline and tag when attacking
    penned by SATURNID ↛ saturnids on discord, feel free to dm for plots.

Last edited: