camp clickety clack |➹| gifts

Mar 28, 2023
..╭―――――――――――――――||―――――――――――――――╮

leaf2.png
The trip back felt a lot longer than the trip to the river. While a mixture of sadness and mild guilt chewed at them for not being able to take back everything they had wanted, Sparrowsong knew they wouldn't have been able to. Not in one trip, at least.

By the time the arching ferns of the SkyClan camp were in sight, their neck and jaw ached something fierce. Several times they had stopped to readjust, or even spilled their quarry onto the pine earth below and had to once again stoop to gather them all together and continue on their way.

Most of all they were excited, happy to be on their own paws again even as the breathlessness edged each pull of air. They hadn't expected to come back with so many, having gone with the intention of a single search, but now as they passed through the camp entrance, feelings rising in their throat, they wished they could have brought back more.

With the folded leaf clasped in their jaw, the brown tabby passed into the clearing, gray eyes searching for a few cats in particular. With each one they spotted, they would call them over.

// takes place late the same day they're released from the medicine den! pre-journey recruitment
@Fireflypaw @DAWNGLARE @FIGFEATHER @GREENEYES @bobbie @BLAZESTAR @orangeblossom
not pafp and not limited to these cats :)

leaf3.png

..╰―――――――――――――――||―――――――――――――――╯

IMG_1176.png

FIGFEATHER

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
The familiar voice of Sparrowsong reaches her ears with ease. It doesn’t take much more to beckon Figfeather over, especially given she hadn’t had her paws busy with any sort of work.

Looking the brown tabby up and down she notices the stones. They’re unassuming so she does not inquire about them but instead looks to her friend with a slight smile, ”Sparrowsong. What is it?”
IMG_1175.gif
  • » Figfeather
    » SkyClan Warrior
    » She/her . AMAB
    » A red tabby she-cat with a mangled leg.
    » ”Speech”thoughtsattack
  • » A foe in battle whose ability to strategize can shift tides.
    » Excels in strategizing and pre-planning her battles.
    » Fights defensively and aid her clan to victory.
    » May powerplay minor harm. Can powerplay healing

dfsiw1w-6a338f22-aae1-492a-977c-37693fa88d2d.gif
Ears twitch at the sound of his name, a bright gaze looking up in search of the familiar voice's owner. The call is brought on by that of Sparrowsong - a voice he's glad to be hearing around camp again, healed after their bout of Yellowcough. Cured by lungwort, Greeneyes finds himself grateful that his friend lives to see another day.

Mismatched paws stride over to where the brown tabby calls him from, a curious look on his face growing as he approaches - as he spots the leaf they carry with them. He isn't sure what they carry it for, but assumes they may need assistance with it, as he arrives behind Figfeather.

"Sparrowsong!" he greets the warrior with a bright chirp, a tilt of his head following as he smiles at his friend. "What's up? D'you need help with something?"

✿—— exhaustion gnaws at her out of late - not just exhaustion, really, but fear, sadness, a host of other feelings she can't put a name to. she's been working extra to get more prey on the pile; after all, with so many of their cats out of commission, she wants to pitch in as much as she can with illness spreading in their clan like a choking vine.

the sickness. she still aches to think of it, stalking their clan like some predator—with every fresh-faced cat who emerges from dawnglare's den, two more seem to fall. blazestar's face seems hollower every day, their ranks thin with each sunrise. the way yellowcough haunts their clan is something that spreads cold fear in her veins - but it only pushes the tabby to work harder, take more patrols, push ahead to keep their clan afloat even as warriors seem to fall every day.

sparrowsong's call is a welcome claw through these aching thoughts and a pale head lifts at the sound. though still too thin for her liking, they look improved already, and the thought lifts her spirits and brings a small but visible smile to her face as she pads wearily over. they must have called several names while she was spacing out - figfeather and greeneyes are already there, presumably having answered - and she offers a dip of the head to the warriors already gathered there. eyeing their bundle curiously, she mews softly, "hey, sparrowsong. need something?"

4d5460.png

• ooc: ——
  • nothing here, have a nice day :-)
  • 69139399_py669CBh1zLPqxi.png
    — bobbie
    — she/her ; warrior of skyclan ; 40 ☾s
    "speech" ; thoughts ; attacks
    — chibi by its_oliverr
    — penned by dejavu

Last edited:
Commission_-_Fireflypaw_IcarusFell3.png
"Songbird," Fireflypaw's words are soft as he stands beside Greeneyes, gently bumping his shoulder against his own with a grin towards him. His tail swishes behind him in greeting, before it rests on Greeneyes' side comfortably. It seems Sparrowsong had gone out for a bit; was that wise, having just recovered from illness? He supposed he'd have to catch up with them later after this. "What'd you find?"
SKYCLAN MEDICINE CAT APPRENTICE ✦ 13 MOONS ✦ CHUNKY, BIG-FOOTED SEAL POINT ✦ TAGS

Sparrowsong had been eager to be free. Not unheard of, nor impossible to understand. Even the most patient of folk grew restless under the same lock and key for long enough, and of course, he had no way to know the state of mind one may be in, when taken by Yellowcough. Dawnglare is not surprised that, quite immediately, they had wandered off. But his optimism is cautious – He had made sure the symptoms were quite gone, before allowing them to do so, but what were the odds it were some trick; some unforeseen niche that came with Yellowcough, as it so often ached to have?

When his name is called at camp’s entrance, Dawnglare assumes the worst. His face is set in something grim, brows furrowed as he peeks from the entrance to his den. Such catastrophic thoughts were first– but second, was the thought of why exactly the other, frankly, useless or less than, names had been called alongside his.

Dawnglare does not so readily approach. He trails his apprentice for a couple of steps, before stopping some ways away, blue eyes narrowed to slits as he attempts to assess the situation.

•  
  • ( 𝙒𝙃𝙔'𝘿 𝙄𝙏 𝙏𝘼𝙆𝙀 𝙎𝙊 𝙇𝙊𝙉𝙂? ) DAWNGLARE Medicine Cat of SkyClan. Mentoring Fireflypaw
    —— He / him , deeply confused by the use of other pronouns
    —— Currently 56 moons old. Mated to Mallowlark

Unsettling and strange, Dawnglare bears a unique perception to the world and stars above on top of a generally unpleasant disposition. Holds others to uniquely impossible standards and himself undeniably above the rest.
    You may find him kinder to others than is typical, exhausted from the yellowcough blight and heart heavy in a way he has never felt.​
    Mood is decided by dice - rolls per thread, with the exception of some important threads

Last edited:

leaf2.png
By the time cats began to wander their way over, by their summons or otherwise, they had opted to sit down to rest their aching paws and catch their breath. Everyone utters varying curiosity, some wondering if they were requesting help, to which they shook their head.

Sparrowsong set down their bundle, freeing their jaw from the weight and letting it unfurl on the grass to reveal a small pile of stones. "I didn't mean to go so far, but I was at the river," they explained after a moment, somewhat apologetic. That was beside the point, though. A creamy paw settled itself atop the pile.

Sparrowsong looked down at them. "Well, I wanted to thank you, was all." After shifting a few aside, the tabby stooped down to pick up a stone, leaning forward to set it down in front of Fireflypaw. They nudged it forward until it touched his paw. "That one's for you, Fi. It's a stone. It's black and it has some white stripes on it." Oblong in shape and slightly curved, much unlike the others they'd collected. "For... always taking care of me, and being nice. I wanted to get you something."

They spotted Dawnglare then, lurking on the edge of the crowd and looking less than sure, but they were hardly deterred by his suspicious squint, once again beckoning him over. From the pile they fished out a significantly smaller stone, more akin to a pebble but brilliantly red-orange like clay. "I got one for you, too. Thank you." It was shifted in his direction, left for him to take if he so pleased.

Plucking another stone from their bundle, this one was offered to Figfeather. Thick and near circular in shape, warm in tone with bands that seemed to catch the sunlight when angled just right. "And this one's for you," they chirped happily, patting it once. "I wanted to give it to you."

The next stone they pushed forward was in the direction of Greeneyes, round and thin with an edge that seemed to have broken off, smoothed over by the tumbling river. It was dark, speckled with white. "This one's for you, Greeneyes!"

Last but not least of those present was Bobbie. The stone they fished from the pile was pinkish in hue, banded with a paler color and slightly rough to the touch. Sparrowsong nudged it over to her, eyes bright. "There! Thank you all for being my friends! I care about you all lots, and I missed you while I was sick..." Part of them wanted to get choked up, but they instead sat and gazed at them all, feeling content and warm.

leaf3.png

Well – it turns out to just be nonsense, then. He feels the tension leave him freely, as Sparrowsong mumbles something about the river, and then unveils a smattering of stones. For Fireflypaw – of course. His apprentice gets far with the kindness he shows to about everyone, except him. Whatever sort of relationship warranted these sheepheaded nicknames is one he does not care to educate himself on.

Just barely, he catches Sparrowsong’s eye as he is about to leave. He can see them push something forward, just barely visible beneath their paw. I got one for you, too. Thank you. Dawnglare blinks.

He draws closer, if only to see what it was. It is small, but it is… striking. Round and red, like the bloody moon. Dawnglare examines it with a curious tilt of his head, eyes squinted with a look closest to scrutiny. This is what should’ve always been from the dawn of SkyClan. There is a certain mastery that he brought to them, and that he ought to be rewarded for, and yet – nothing.

Not until now, that is, and Dawnglare observes his benefactor as if they have sprouted a second head. Metaphorically speaking, they practically have. Dawnglare is not privy to such things, but from the maw of a single man. Other stones pass beside him, all the while he is left staring at his own in befuddlement. It’s easier to ignore other unfortunate presences, this way.

Thank you all for being my friends! ” They were not friends. Were they? He is very suddenly unsure, despite the straightforwardness of this issue. “ I care about you all lots, ” Isn’t that strange?

The loop he is caught for must be a result of so much time in purgatory, his spine aching as he’s hunched over the sick and dying. That must be it. His face is caught between many things at once, as he stumbles, " —Oh? Thank… you.. " His stone is quite plain, really. Quite.

•  
  • ( 𝙒𝙃𝙔'𝘿 𝙄𝙏 𝙏𝘼𝙆𝙀 𝙎𝙊 𝙇𝙊𝙉𝙂? ) DAWNGLARE Medicine Cat of SkyClan. Mentoring Fireflypaw
    —— He / him , deeply confused by the use of other pronouns
    —— Currently 56 moons old. Mated to Mallowlark

Unsettling and strange, Dawnglare bears a unique perception to the world and stars above on top of a generally unpleasant disposition. Holds others to uniquely impossible standards and himself undeniably above the rest.
    You may find him kinder to others than is typical, exhausted from the yellowcough blight and heart heavy in a way he has never felt.​
    Mood is decided by dice - rolls per thread, with the exception of some important threads

Seeing the light brown tabby up on their paws again is relieving to Blazestar. Sparrowsong—and the other warriors who’d fallen ill—seem to be nearly themselves again, though it becomes increasingly difficult to replace the meat they’d lost from their bones. The cheerful, spirited Sparrowsong does not let it slow them down, though. The leader watches with amusement as they lug stones into camp, each unique but suited to the cat they distribute it to. He watches the other cats—even sulky Dawnglare—accept their gifts with a small smile of his own.

How kind of you to think of your Clanmates,” he praises the young warrior. “Very thoughtful of you.

•  
  • blaise . blazestar
    — he/him ; leader of skyclan
    — pansexual ; divorced ; single
    — longhaired flame point Ragdoll with blue eyes
    — “speech”, thoughts, attack
    — penned by Marquette
    — chibi by Mercibun

leaf2.png
With their eyes squinted joyfully, a rumbling purr shook their chest. Even Dawnglare seemed intrigued by the gift, offering a thank you they hadn't quite been expecting. "You're welcome!" Sparrowsong chirped in response.

When Blazestar next wandered over, the small tabby's eyes lit up anew. "Mhm!" they hummed with a nod. "I have one for you too! Here, this one's yours!" One of the remaining two stones was pushed his way, their gaze tilted downward at it. It was a pale stone, squared in shape but undoubtedly rounded by its time tumbling in the waters, banded by faded stripes of darker cream. Despite its weathering, it was somewhat rough to the touch.

For a moment they sat there, paws plucking and kneading the ground as they gave him the chance to inspect it, throat tight with glee and powerful feelings. Abruptly righting themself, Sparrowsong stepped over the stone in favor of butting their head into the ragdoll's chest. "And... thank you for letting me stay in SkyClan. Even though I couldn't hunt and I was hurt and... you all took care of me anyway." Voice cracking, the warrior trailed off, brushing their cheek against his shoulder.

leaf3.png