private coast to coast | mottledove

Jun 30, 2023
Pearl thinks a lot, or at least she thinks she does. In reality, its just fleeting thoughts that rattle in her head over and over- and the topic she was stuck on most was adulting. She's gotten stories of apprenticeships, of various stories about Duskpools scars but never has she really gotten in depth stories about how being a warrior was, what their duty is. Thats why she decides to approach Mottle, a queen that has remained behind even as Bobbie and Orangeblossom leave the nursery. She likes the current queens of Skyclan because she recognizes most of them, and they've been a constant since she was a little, little baby.

"Uh- Uh, Miss Muh-Mo-Mottledove! Hi!" her voice comes in a chirp as she stumbles over wagging her tail behind her as she stops at the nest the queen resides in. "Uhm..." oh, how does she word it? Pearlkit thinks for a second, tapping a paw against her chin in thoughtfulness. "What are adult things?" she does not reiterate it, only goes on to her next question. "Were you a warrior once?" the kitten moves to rest in a loaf-position in front of her, looking up through widened eyes. "Have you- uh, have you... Caught a bird? I wanna catch a bird. I'm gonna be big next moon and i'm gonna catch a bird." she nods her head, trying to patiently wait for Mottledove to response before she bombards her again.
  • @Mottledove.
  • pearlkit.png
    -> pearlkit
    -> cis female ,, she/her ,, 3 months
    -> kitten at skyclan ,, found abandoned
    -> tiny chocolate tortie/fawn chimera with low white & blue eyes
    -> “speech, a7c7e7
    -> bisexual ,, too young [ single ]
    -> smells like milk & soft flowers
    -> image by oliver

⊹​ LOOKING IN THEIR EYES WHEN THEY'RE DOWN ⊹​

mottledove & 20 moons & female & she/her & skyclan perma-queen

It is not often that kits other than her own approach her, but pearlkit's presence is more than welcome, blue eyes gentle as she turns her focus onto them. She jabbers away in that way mottledove has come to learn only kits can, mind wandering a mile a minute, changing topics as swift as the wind. She can only laugh, a quiet, gentle think, eyes glittering in mirth. "Hello to you too pearlkit," she says, tail flicking and swishing slowly. "Adult things are the ones you need big paws for - not little kit paws. Like hunting, and fighting, and climbing the big trees like the rest of the clan," - well, and other things, but really mottledove is about the worst cat to ask about such endeavors, let alone figure out how to tell them to a child appropriately - so, best not to touch on that she thinks.

"No - I, I was a kittypet once, but not a warrior. The brave warriors of skycaln came and, and they rescued me from a cold cave I couldn't escape on my own, and they brought me here to join them," she says slwoly, trying to find the right words to explain how it'd felt, but without making it too hard for a child to understand. "And then I was a queen, and had my kits, and now I care for all of you, not just my own," of course such an announcement hadn't yet been made officially, but really, she'd spoken to blazestar - her own kits were graduating from the safety of the nursery soon, and she had finally settled upon a task she felt able to carry out - a way to pull her weight, to pay back skyclan for all they have done for her.

Fondness glimmers in her gaze as she lets out a quiet purr of amusement - such conversations never get old, she thinks, no matter how many time she has them. "A bird? Hm, no, I havn't - I'm not very good at hunting you see, a bit to wobbly with my leg, but I bet you'll catch one very soon. You seem very quick on your paws," a serious nod accompanies her words, as though it is the surest and most serious thing in the world that little pearlkit will manage it.

• Actions && "Speech," && ' Thoughts/Quotes '

ooc: —
    tw/cw: —
  • a fluffy she-cat with a mane of fur and a mottled cinnamon tortie pattern. she is missing half her back left leg leaving her at a disadvantage in most things. mottledove is very quiet and withdrawn, a gentle soul. she and the kits she cares for adorn her pelt with flowers and 'paints' made of plants.

physically extremely easy && mentally very hard
    non-violent powerplay allowed && healing powerplay allowed && minor injury powerplay not-allowed
    please attack using [b][color=#74a2a5]action here[/color][/b] and tag account