coffee or tea? [m&g open]

Untitled419_20230710182642.png

HE SAID, "WELL MY NAME'S JOHNNY, AND IT MIGHT BE A SIN
BUT I'LL TAKE YOUR BET, AND YOU'RE GONNA REGRET, CUZ IM THE BEST THERE'S EVER BEEN."

"Brrr! Johnny shivered, fluffing out his short, thick coat in hopes of trapping more heat. "It's a dreich one out today- guess it'll be that way for a while now, though." he commented to the cats he was sitting with, golden eyes turning skyward to observe the gloomy gray clouds overhead. It wasn't raining at the moment, but there were puddles and droplets clinging to everything from the earlier shower and he was sure it'd start up again before the day was out. Soon that rain would turn to snow, but so far nothing had stuck, leaving the land overcast and glum.

"How about a meet and greet to liven thing up a bit, aye? he suggested, perking up a little. There'd been a lot of new faces recently- might as well get to know them all, right? "Here- I'll go first and kick things off." he offered, crooked half-grin slipping into place. "My name's Johnnyflame, I'm one of the lead warriors here in Skyclan and I'm also one of the Daylight warriors- in case my name didn't give it away." he added with a playful wink. "I'm usually here from sunup to sundown, so feel free to come find me if yer ever wantin' to train or just chat."

He was a pretty approachable cat by most standards, and he had no problem making it clear that anyone was allowed to come to him if they needed something or were just bored and wanted to kill time.

OOC- Thought Johnny could use one of these since I haven't been the most active with him recently!! Hello to anyone who's new, I'm Dizzy, and it's great to have you here in Skyclan!! To everyone else, sorry for my inactivity as of late- I'm trying to get that fixed, things have just been a bit hectic for me as of late and it's been weighing on my muse.

Untitled33_20230906192924.png

"IF YOU SEE THE WONDER OF A FAIRY TALE"
A meet and greet? What the heck was that? Curiosity more than anything else would lead the child to where Johnny sat, watching as he seemingly introduced himself to a group of gathered npc cats. If he was around these cats, shouldn't he know them? Or was it all for her? "H-hi! My name's Macaroni! What's a lead warrior? I just hang out here all day with everyone too!" Not quite understanding all his terminology and meanings, Macaroni didn't think it would hurt to ask him questions. He smelt like home, which she deemed was safe for her to ask him questions without making a cat angry like Silversmoke or Chrysaliswing.

this is who i am . nobody said you had to like it .
︶꒦꒷♡꒷꒦︶
Cal didn’t even know why he stayed to listen, no less partake in this, but it was better than mindlessly guessing everyone’s name, not that he had done that yet, but it’d be another thing that Shiori would tease him about. Stupid tom. He couldn’t help but think, face grumpy with a deep scowl that seemed just about permanent since he joined SkyClan, or had it always been there?

A warrior introduced himself as Johnnyflame, offering to chat or train, and that perked the fawn tabby up with interest, tail flickering. He’d been on his own long enough to survive, and that nearly got him into trouble with his temper that ticked away like a bomb just waiting to explode. Cal winced. He’d done a lot of things he wasn’t proud of, especially with his damn anger he couldn’t seem to reel in.

Another came by—younger than the other asking questions that shouldn’t be all that hard to figure out. His brow rose, turning to Macaroni. “What do you think a lead does?” He spoke, referring to the literal word. With a sigh, Cal shifted. “Cal. I came with here another—no doubt he’s causing trouble by now, idiot. He voiced, voice grumpy. “Was looking for my younger brother, Lux. Shiori—the idiot, yes—when we joined.” He finished, voice unchanging.
thought speech

johnny.png

HE SAID, "WELL MY NAME'S JOHNNY, AND IT MIGHT BE A SIN
BUT I'LL TAKE YOUR BET, AND YOU'RE GONNA REGRET, CUZ IM THE BEST THERE'S EVER BEEN."

It was true that Johnnyflame did his best to keep tabs on every cat that came and went from the pine forest. He pride himself in being able to recognize every cat he crossed paths with, but unfotrunately that was much easier aid than [/i]done[/i]. Skyclan wasn't like the other groups. It's numbers were in constant fluctuation due to their open door policy with new joiners, and since Johnny spent a good portion of his time outside of the camps walls patrolling, hunting, and trianing -not even sleeping or eating in camp ue to have those resources back home- he often found himself spotting an unfamiliar face or two in the crowd.

And since lately he'd been a bit... distracted with the death of his apprentice, he knew he'd been making himself even scarcer than usual. It was time to remedy that.

Johnny offered a bright, toothy smile in welcome toward Macaroni, quick to recognize one of his own. The stocky calico tomcat had always been protective over the other daylight warriors, quick to jump to their defense and eager to help them prove their worth.

When another tom- one he hadn't met yet- offered up a dry response on his behalf, Johnny chose to assume they were just grumpy by nature and not singling the shecat out for her status as a DAylight Warrior.

"Aye, that's right- to a degree." he confirmed with a chuckle. "It basically means that we help Blazestar out with keeping the clan runnin' smoothly. We help newcomers settle in, offer the leader council on things that might effect the clan, and help keep things going if our Deputy or Leader are ever ill or away. Stuff like that." he explained, hoping to clarrify for her a bit.

Then, his gaze shifted toward Cal.

"Shiori, huh? I'll have to make sure I meet them too- don't think I have yet." he replied with a sheepish smile, guilty since he technically shouldn't be this far behind on faces. "Lux is definitely here, though! I'm glad you guys were able to find him. Stickin' around yourselves, then?"

Untitled402_20230516195138.png

"I hope he never needs your counsel at night," the odd-eyed tom remarked bitterly, casting a glare that suggested he did not approve of Johnnyflame's half-warrior status if his words had not done it already. The last Leafbare had been a tricky one, the moon was around far more than the sun was and many Daylight Warriors had fled to the warmth and never returned. The loyal few that returned had not been present for the raids WindClan had hosted on their lands, and seemed to hold no remorse either. No amount of apologies would allow him to forgive how unreliable the subsection of SkyClanners were, all it took was one bad snowstorm for Johnnyflame to be just like them. He tilted his head upwards as he walked past the chimera, tail swishing as he found himself close to Cal and Macaroni. Throat growing arid, the spotted tabby took a step back to be by himself and reclined on his haunches, fur beginning to pinch against his skin. It would be a very long, very hungry Leafbare.

"I am Silversmoke, I have been a Lead Warrior longer than you have been alive," he looked to Macaronipaw as he spoke as if trying to remind himself that her idiocy could be a result of age instead of... everything else. He blinked once, blinked twice, and shook his head disapprovingly at the notion. No, age didn't seem like a good excuse here. "I don't chat, but I do train."