private come out of the dark » PERIWINKLEBREEZE.

PEONYBREEZE

OH, I WAS DOING SO WELL
May 19, 2023
✿ — Peonypaw is, fortunately, not plagued by too many nightmares. He rarely remembers any of his dreams or lets details linger past the first hour of consciousness, and that's something he thanks StarClan for. Being awake can be bad enough on its own with all the bad news after bad news WindClan has been bombed with lately. The last thing he'd want to deal with is being unable to escape the turmoil during the night when he's supposed to be recharging.

He is no stranger to his fellow Clanmates' twisting and turning in their beds thanks to their culture of sleeping vaguely close to one another.

Getting them conscious enough to be freed from their minds however... that's a different story.

Blue eyes settle on the form of Periwinklebreeze, long limbs unnaturally stiff for someone who is supposed to be fast asleep. The tom seems to be at anything but ease, and Peonypaw feels compelled to rescue them from what he imagines is a nightmare now that he's noticed - it doesn't require one to be exceptionally observant to know they get plenty of those.

"Periwinklebreeze," he breathes the name like it'd bite him if he uttered it any louder. They don't need the others awake - or so Peonypaw doubts Periwinklebreeze would want everybody in the vicinity to witness them stuck in a loop of nightmares. "Wake up."

I DON'T WANT TO RUN JUST OVERWHELM ME
@Periwinklebreeze.

❀​ I FEEL SCARED AND I'M STARTING TO SINK ❀​
periwinklebreeze | 11 months | demi-boy | he/they | physically medium (pacifist) | mentally easy | attack in bold #ccccff
The boy is hardly a stranger to nightmares. Though the land of dreams often slips through his gasp, leaving him dizzy and weary for days, the few time she manages to sink into darkness are haunted by ghosts of his past. As though upset that he'd finally dealt with the fox incident, the newest battle has instead etched itself into his mind, his memories, his dreams.

The brown furred riverclanner had wanted nothing more than to kill - he'd seen it in his eyes, whatever has been done had been personal. Another time he must pay for his mother sins, he assumes - it'd been clear he'd known who he was, eve peri could not say the same about the older warrior. Blood and water and earth cloud his vision as he dreams, a terrifying tangle of memories and fears he can't quite understand.

The sound of another's voice jolts him awake, soft though it is - he's a light sleeper on nights like this, when it is not his sleep deprivation that has pulled him under but his wounds. "Oh... p-peonypaw?" he says softly, words drifting through the silence as he registers just who it is who had spoken. Had he disturbed the other with his restlessness. "I- oh, um s-s-sorry... was I t-to loud?"

✿ — A beat of silence falls between them, Peonypaw intent on letting Periwinklebreeze come to their senses. It's no fun thing to be startled into consciousness to begin with - let alone when another being starts talking to you immediately and expecting you to be fully coherent and alert.

"No, don't worry. I just noticed- well, I thought you must be having a nightmare, so I woke you." His gaze flicks across the other warriors and apprentices near them, glad to see none of them disturbed even as he explains in a low, low voice. "I, uh, I hope that's alright?" He doesn't seem angry, and Peonypaw doubts he's even witnessed an angry Periwinklebreeze during his time, but one ought to check anyway.

Peonypaw looks back at them, considering. "Clear your head, it should help."

He doesn't ask if the injured warrior wants to go for a walk - just breathing in the fresh night air should do wonders as is.

I DON'T WANT TO RUN JUST OVERWHELM ME