private CONVEYED IN TONGUE 𓆩♡𓆪 FIREFLYPAW

Dawnglare feels uneasy.

The sun had not stopped shining, while he was a way. The moon had still held it's healthy glow, visible between the cracks of his den. The world was not burning, nor has it frozen over. They have not drowned in torrential downpour, nor scalded in never-ending heat. The universe had coped wonderfully with Dawnglare's near - death. His clanmates, especially so. Stars know where we'd all be without Dawnglare? He clings to his words, never mind the crystal clear deception that they were; said with green - eyes and moon face. Phantom claws, tugging at the sun himself. How weak he has become.

He is blank - faced, within his den, looming over the piles of herb he ought to be accounting for— but instead he just stares. Unblinking blue, like he would miss the answer the moment he lays his eyes to rest. Ears raised to the heavens, like he may miss StarClan's heavenly call, were he to hear anything else. Restless, restless. Eyes sunken in their skulls. He is well again, and yet he is worse than he's ever been. Born anew— but only for worse, for worse. The flick of his tail tip is erratic. Paws tap against the ground. Unwavering, unblinking.

" ...Fireflypaw, " uttered with a dry tongue. With a constricted throat, even though such a sickness has passed. He is unmade, unwell. His lip is pinched beneath his teeth. he looks away from nothing, and in Fireflypaw's place, there is... something, someone. A thing he is not keen to admit. His voice wavers as he observes, " ...The world did not burn while I was away. "
EpC61GT.png

• ooc: @Fireflypaw
  • ( I'M AS ALIVE AS HER BEARD IS LONG ) DAWNGLARE Medicine Cat of SkyClan. Mentoring Fireflypaw
    𓆩♡𓆪 He / him , deeply confused by the use of other pronouns
    𓆩♡𓆪 Currently 59 moons old as of 11.20.23. Mated to Mallowlark

Unsettling and strange, Dawnglare bears a unique perception to the world and stars above on top of a generally unpleasant disposition. Holds others to uniquely impossible standards and himself undeniably above the rest.
    Mood is decided by dice - rolls per thread, with the exception of some important threads

Commission_-_Fireflypaw_IcarusFell3.png
"..Yes?"

It is spoken with a voice of vibranium and anxiety, covered in steel and tight as a binding. There is something holding him back from his usual chipper attitude, possibly the news of Highstones still weighing on his conscience. His eyes shut tight, the shining sun so bright outside and yet, it doesn't quite reach him. The shadows of their den nip at his toes, and with maturity, the seal point realizes he won't dissipate into them. His tail covers his toes instinctively, head swiveling to the high priest's direction.

...The world did not burn while I was away. He says, and Fireflypaw finds he is not familiar with the words- was it a cloaked compliment, or a revelation that the world would not end if he was left in charge? Fireflypaw lets a soft hum leave his lips as he bunches up a few bundles of catmint, carrying it over to the high priest to set them in front of him politely before sitting back. "It is thanks to your teachings that I could keep everyone safe. That I could keep them alive." His words are spoken with a deep voice, maturity in his body now allowing him to process things a bit easier. He is not all emotion, all fear- he is calm, deathly so- in the grips of Mother's paws, he is unfathomable. "Welcome back, Dawnglare." He meows with a small smile, turning to face his mentor- eyes opening to reveal milky blues and gratefulness that his mentor had survived the plague. ​
SKYCLAN MEDICINE CAT APPRENTICE ✦ 16 MOONS ✦ CHUNKY, BIG-FOOTED SEAL POINT ✦ TAGS

Reactions: DAWNGLARE
Dawnglare does not even remotely understand his gesture, but his words breathe something into him. It is thanks to your teachings that I could keep everyone safe and he is pliant, watching his apprentice with narrowed eyes. Not out of spite, but of soft curiosity. Of wonderments and dreams. He was convinced that his words went through one ear and out the other, daft as Fireflypaw could be at times.

But gently, they tell him that this is not true. And Dawnglare can breathe a little bit easier— can feel as if he has done more than be a corpse ridden on the ground of it's own den. Welcome back,. Far from infuriating. It is just... nice. And perhaps for the first time, Dawnglare sees him as an adult. Not as a toddling apprentice, that needed to be goaded both in mind and in body. What a thing he has done, despite his foolishness. Of course, any mentor besides him would've seen no breakthrough. ...That is what he tells himself.

Dawnglare breathes in, and somewhat, he is eased.

And against that very part of himself, he continues. " This is not about me... " Fireflypaw would not have to see his disquieted expression. For any trouble their blindness has caused him, this is something, distantly, he feels he should be greatful for. " I am... " The words. What were they? " —am... pleased with you. " A cat could certainly not guess by his face. " You did well, I suppose. "
EpC61GT.png

• geLHt4I.png

• ( I'M AS ALIVE AS HER BEARD IS LONG ) DAWNGLARE Medicine Cat of SkyClan. Mentoring Fireflypaw

Unsettling and strange, Dawnglare bears a unique perception to the world and stars above on top of a generally unpleasant disposition. Holds others to uniquely impossible standards and himself undeniably above the rest.
    Mood is decided by dice - rolls per thread, with the exception of some important threads

Commission_-_Fireflypaw_IcarusFell3.png
With a certain clarity, Fireflypaw realizes that he has spent most of his life around Dawnglare. The tom has become a pillar in his life, idolized on a pedestal far higher than others- second only to his father. There is a fierce loyalty for the strawberry-and-cream tom deep inside of him, never laid dormant- moreso resting on the surface to be proven when needed. He is staring into the darkness of the den, fur heavy against his skin as he listens to his mentor speak.

..I am pleased with you. It feels like it is pried from hesitant lips, as if held back out of pride, but Fireflypaw has come to know Dawnglare all too well in these moons. When you cannot see ones expressions and body language, you tune into the tone of their voice and the way they speak. Reverence flashes past Fireflypaw's eyes as he lifts his blind gaze to his mentor, lips drawn upwards into another small smile of appreciation. For what seems like the first time in his life, he had been complimented by the high priest. You did well, I suppose. There is a well, a spring of emotions inside of him that blossom at the words- the urge to cry out 'It's all because of you', to thank Mother for the lessons he had been given, but Fireflypaw instead settles for a nod in thanks instead.

However, his expression shifts into something more cool- like a stone cooling off in a swift winter breeze. Hardening, steadfast. "..We will get Mothermouth back, Dawnglare."
SKYCLAN MEDICINE CAT APPRENTICE ✦ 16 MOONS ✦ CHUNKY, BIG-FOOTED SEAL POINT ✦ TAGS

A nod is all he is given in reply, and Dawnglare finds himself tilting his head as that. Perhaps it is too late, too soon... His eyes trace the milkier blues of Fireflypaw's gaze, searching. Never has he deemed it his responsibility to learn the feelings of others, but in this moment, he wonders if he ought to do more. He wonders if he ought to have done more.

But his apprentice smiles, and he supposes, that he could be happy with. Dawnglare would not return the gesture, but he supposes he is satisfied. Sated. His tail curls around his paws, and he clears his weary throat. " Of course. " he is unconcerned. ( A lie, a lie, a lie ) What problems did StarClan have that they could not fix themselves? (Nothing. Anything.) He finds that he does not know nervousness— but, ah, his apprentice did not need to know that. Neither did he need to dwell on such a thing. It will go away, on it's own.

" I have things to teach you, still. Things to review... " he muses, teeth pinching the pink of his lips. It would be a lie, to say he has taught him avidly, at all. No fault of his own... How was he to know that it was no waste of time? That his teachings would be in safe, sound paws? The latter, they may not be, but the former... Well, he supposes that Fireflypaw has proven themselves, somewhat.

And if Dawnglare were to ever...

Well, that would never happen. He unslouches his shoulders. He allows himself to be him. All - knowing, all - knowing. His eyes trace over Fireflypaw, so much like his father... " And then... " And then... well. Fireflypaw would not have to receive his name over the corpse of his mentor's body. It is something no other young Medicine Cat could say.
EpC61GT.png

• geLHt4I.png