private COSMIC [Lily]

✵ ღ ☾ IT TOOK ME BY SURPRISE - Azalea had meant it when she said she could not stomach another frog or lizard. Hunting them was boring enough, eating them? They work well in a pinch, Azalea could admit that, but she had a craving for something else.
She slipped out that evening as her group had begun to settle down, setting out on her adventure to do something incredibly, awfully, down-right stupid.
Yet, she was determined for something other than a muddied mouse, the ones often found in the marshland. Besides, she could bet the pine forest had better foliage as well.
She knew she had reached her destination when the scent of sap smacked her senses. Now, she crept carefully through the tree-line, her eyes tinted black under the dark sky, but her silvery fur a terrible camouflage as it lit up under the moon.
Slowly, she parted her maw as she sifted through the different scents, and her eyes flickered from one tree to another as she looked for vibrant blossoms.
Finally the scent of a nearby mouse caught her attention, and her gaze lit up as she began to follow it.

@LILY.
❝ Speech. ❞
THE HATRED IN HER EYES

After her rather literal fall from grace the other day, Lily had kept to hunting on the ground. She had no intention of returning to the canopies above and making a fool of herself. Oh on that same day she had gone back up - it was hard not to with four spotters keeping watch and the particularly stern gaze burning into her - but since then she had kept her paws firmly on the ground.

She walked slowly through the pine forest, eyes always watchful for the sign of prey. Lily hadn't had that much luck today and it was getting late by now. She should have already returned home by now so she was definitely pushing it staying out searching for even a trace of a prey animal. When she did finally pick up on the scent of a mouse, her spirits brightened and she quickened her pace. The tortoiseshell kept herself low and in the bushes, using her dark pelt and the darkening skies to her advantage as she stalked the mouse. It didn't take her long to track down the animal. She keeps downwind of the mouse so it won't pick up on her scent. Her green eyes never leave it, following it with an intent gaze, until it finally has its back to her. Lily crouches, readying herself to spring, she takes a breath and then pounces. In an instant, her tortoiseshell form bursts through the bushes, landing with outstretched paws on the mouse and exposing herself to a cat she didn't even know was there.

✵ ღ ☾ IT TOOK ME BY SURPRISE - The scent of mouse grew heavier as Azalea closed in, practically making her drool at the thought of catching it. Azure eyes nearly luminous with anticipation she was able to spot it quickly. Ducking in the undergrowth she steadily slowed her pace as she dropped into a crouch, too focused on her meal to even entertain the idea of anyone else being near.
She tenses her muscles to pounce, but as she begins to lunge, the bushes across from her begin to shake before another flies out, landing on her prey with a triumphant stance.
It is too late for Azalea to disappear back into the undergrowth, she is already in the air.
She tries to keep from barreling into the cat, but it is unsuccessful. Less than graciously, the blue tabby would crash into the tortoiseshell if she had not moved from her place by then, sending the two tumbling to the ground in a clash of silver and brindle.
Azalea would let out a mrrow of both surprise and frustration, immediately attempting to detangle herself from the other. ❝ That mouse was mine kittyp- ❞ Angry words would begin to spin off her tongue as she tried to sit up, casting a narrowed glance towards Lily before her insult would dry on her tongue. The cat before her was no kittypet- not in any of the sense she had been taught, her fur was sleek, and her frame was lean, unlike the descriptions of fat, lazy house cats she had been fed since kithood. She would only take a moment to fully look the other over before clearing her throat, ❝ that mouse was mine ❞ she’d repeat, still keeping her glare.
❝ Speech. ❞
THE HATRED IN HER EYES

She doesn't see the other she-cat until it's too late, crashing to the ground in a mess of silver and tortoiseshell, the mouse understandably darting off into the undergrowth. It takes a moment for the two to break apart, first the silvery she-cat, and then Lily soon after. Initially, Lily is more disappointed and frustrated at the loss of prey than she is at having crashed into the other. In fact, she only really turns to acknowledge Azalea when she hears her almost call her a kittypet. "I'm not a kittypet!" Lily bristled defensively. She had been born and raised in the forest!

"That was my mouse," Lily counters, meeting the other's glare. Her fur lies flat now but she can't hide the annoyed twitch of her tail. "I'd followed the scent for a while - it was mine."

✵ ღ ☾ IT TOOK ME BY SURPRISE - Azalea can only snort in disbelief at the situation she had gotten herself into, still holding her head high despite the loss of her precious mouse.
❝ With your sloppy hunting technique? Please! You’d be better off catching fish ❞ Azalea huffed in response, getting to her paws with an agitated flick of her tail. ❝ What are you even doing out this late, anyways? ❞ She asked, though in her frustration her tone was more accusing than anything else, based on the sole fact the molly had slipped out this late to avoid running into a Pine Cat, especially now that the molly before her was unlike anything Azalea would have expected. Expectantly, the tabby awaits an answer, despite being on the tortoiseshell’s turf, she keeps her navy gaze icy, a firm believer that confidence can get one out of anything.
❝ Speech. ❞
THE HATRED IN HER EYES

Although unsure of what to make of the silvery femme in front of her, Lily had to give the other credit for standing her ground, despite the fact she was trespassing in the Pine Group's territory. "At least I can catch fish," Lily countered, lifting her head. She almost sounded quite boastful about that. "If you tried you'd probably just scare them or fall into the water and ruin your fur."

At Azalea's following question, she quirks a metaphorical brow. It's a strange question to be asked for sure, especially given that Azalea is also out at this late hour. "Hunting, clearly," Lily responds sarcastically, though there is a faint hint of amusement in her voice as she says this. She still can't get over Azalea asking her this when she is out late herself. "What's your excuse? You're a little far from home aren't you?"