CURE-ALL ♡ DEERSONG

❝ (I hope now that Dawnglare is back, you can get that leg properly looked at) ❞

The purr had been barely acknowledged; barely receptive to reddened ears. He hadn't wanted to hear it, had no desire to amidst the collection of other things to concern himself with. The tale Blaise spun with his tired webs, the promotion of a strange pair, red sun hiding an ever-present gloom in those eyes, cream-flecked– flaxen fur, a witch who spoke little more than nonsense, spoke of fab honors, whatever that was. He could only pray it wasn't a hex set upon Blaise's unknowing soul. There's a certain weight to such a thing, detectable if you know how to look... A narrowed gaze settles upon him, and then it softens, furrowed brows washed away with a gentle wind.

A placid smile settles on his face, mood whips into something fuzzy, worn cotton fluffed into something soft and pliant. Fickle, these things were. His paws press into the ground, knead and caress at the dirt underneath. It's disgusting, it's pleasant... something strange warms his spine. Ice-capped hues crinkle at the edges, delight, something else. The meeting is adjourned– he'd hardly noticed at first– dispersed from that thick mass of writhing shape into smaller, more manageable little things. He skips toward her, speaker of tongues, eyes squinted in his smile-of-all-smiles. "I heard– I heard ♪" his words are a strange rise and fall of inflection. Too close, his wavering form moves in and out of her space. "Something happened to little old youu... " the final word is drawn out with a sickly-sweet croon, a tilt of his head to accompany it (like he liked to do). "Let me see?" he blinks at her, expectant.

[ SORRY THIS TOOK SO LONG @~Deersong~ taking place right after the 9/21 meeting <3 ]

• Haha
Reactions: Marquette
𝐵𝓊𝓉 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝓀𝓃𝑜𝓌, 𝐼 𝒿𝓊𝓈𝓉 𝓌𝒶𝓃𝓉 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒶𝓈 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒶𝓇𝑒

As the meeting drew to a close, and Deersong beaming with pride for herself and her newly gifted apprentice, when Dawnglare approached her and asked to look at her wound she would smile in her whimsical way before speaking in her usual ethereal coo, "Of course, you can look, brotha'." She would adjust so that the medicine cat could clearly see her injury and she continued, "I did my best to keep it clean, but I'm happy you're home to get some real care going for it."

Her half-tail would twitch lightly behind her as she remembered the dog attack and made a thoughtful noise in her throat before she smiled once more at the medicine cat, "I'm happy you're home, Dawnglare."

And as soon as she utters that word, the drivel of nonsense, brotha, any joy in his heart is promptly shattered, sliced through and bludgeoned with a mouth-made dagger. The shift in mood is visible, with the way the curl of his lips immediately falls into a deep-set frown. Any enthusiasm for the task is gone, replaced with tired, lidded eyes and pressed-thin lips. Nothing looked...broken. Certainly not well, but not broken. Isn't that what matters?

Cobweb, is the only thought that comes to mind. His mind is otherwise blank, numb to the sound of her voice, though that would surely end when another muttering of nonsense is spoken. Something something, Dawnglare, "Ya, yayaya. What even happened?" he grits out, if only because he feels that something is missing, but he certainly can't think of it. –Just as he couldn't think of the last time he's been wrong about something. Cobweb, it is.

Nevermind, he means to tell her, but his mouth refuses to work, so he says nothing. Without a word, he disappears into his den, only to reappear with silken fiber around his paw. He begins to set it in a plaster, though he pauses midway through. His eyes look up at her, though his head never does. "Besides the pain, you can walk fffffffine?" the word is drawn out strangely, minor malfunction.

[ IM SORRY HE GETS SO MAD WHEN HE CANT UNDERSTAND FUNNY WORDS ]