CURTAIN CALL ⸸ herb patrol

—————————————————————⊰♰⊱————————————————————

"I am in charge here, regardless of your fully names you are still beneath me as far as authority goes. Please do not undermine me." Yes, he was still mad about carrying an apprentice name still when cats he had watched be brought into this world were now fully named warriors, it was an insult to his person far greater than anything else he could think of and this patrol was salt to an open wound. Obviously Lilacfur meant to humble him, but she would be quite mistaken in that as he had no intentions of showing humility - he would force her assertion if need be. The only one here who would be given even a flicker of kindness was Onyxpaw who was thankfully still apprentice-named and aged and he could look upon with less disdain than the other two. Not that he disliked either Garlicheart of Swansong, but he was bitter. "There are plenty of frogs still, help yourselves to hunt as we go but our priority is the part of mint Starlingheart wants me to gather so we are heading there directly." No dillydallying, no nonsense, if they did not keep up with he who could not walk a straight line they surely needed to be made apprentices once again.
Magpiepaw raised his head and turned, toddling forward and bobbing his head as he lead the path through the swamp with his crooked tail high and his head even higher - he needed to lift it to avoid thumping it against the ground if he lost balance.
"Onyxpaw, you know your place, you can walk next to me." To lean on, obviously, he needed assistance and he was currently holding the limitations of time against the other two.

• PATROL- @Swansong & @Garlicheart & @ONYXPAW

• 75204717_KgcjQ7iJ5YDThlB.png
    Magpiepaw
    —⊰⋅ MCA of ShadowClan
    —⊰⋅ He/They
    "SPEECH", 'THOUGHTS', ATTACK
    —⊰⋅ Black tom w/a white throat and blue-violet eyes.
    —⊰⋅ Has mild cerebellar hypoplasia (Wobbly cat syndrome)

Her first patrol as a warrior!!!! Garlicheart can barely contain her excitement as she bounces along after Magpiepaw and the others. The marsh feels different somehow, with her new name. Or it could be the frogs that she sees even as she walks normally. She sees bumpy toads sitting in the mud, frogs resting in puddles... The toads are her favorite. They're round and pudgy and look pouty all the time and Garlicheart thinks it's adorable. It's a shame they are prey, she would love to just sit with them in the mud and make funny noises. She is completely unaware of Magpiepaws mood until he speaks and she catches his gaze, and is taken back at the irritation in his eyes. Had she... Done something already? She couldn't imagine what...

She never thought to undermine him, he knew more about herbs than she did so obviously he was in charge. "Okay!" She chirped.

She will hunt on the way back, she decides. The mint is the main objective, and she cant find mint if she's looking at frogs and toads! "We'll find you so much mint!" She swears. She's gonna find all the mint. So much mint it starts growing in camp.​

⋆⁺₊ ☾ ⁺₊⋆  There is something bitter and rotting in the acolyte's voice as he speaks, venom spilling from his blessed maw. She casts a sidelong glance towards the apprentice, more curious than offended. "Wouldn't dream of it," the wispy feline murmurs, airy and just approaching reassuring. Undermine him how? What is it that Magpiepaw fears? Is it merely their names, their marker of a finished path, while he remains suspended in apprenticehood like a cat out of time? It is not so bad a thing to train as a medicine cat, they think, even if it leaves one behind. They would not have minded it themself, had they been chosen for the holy task - but then they've never quite held the same fervor for advancement as their peers seem to. The 'paw name holds little weight in Swansong's mind.

What does hold weight is the knowledge of the stars, something where Magpiepaw's superiority over them is clear. They are far more controlled, however; no bitterness bleeds into their tone as they speak again. "Ah, what does the mint look like...?" Her gaze holds steady as she looks to Magpiepaw. Hunting means little to her in comparison; this task is divinely sent, dictated by a medicine cat as it is. It needs her full focus. She gives a wisp of a smile. "So I can let you know if I see any..." A reminder of his authority, his duty. Her name means little in comparison.

• 65035420_GiaBine7dcKpkS2.png

"SPEECH"
  • SWANPAW ☁︎ she / they, apprentice of shadowclan, thirteen moons.
    a pale, silky-furred cream tabby with droopy blue eyes.
    dreamy and detached, more ghost than cat. known for her perpetual sleepiness.
    halfshade x smogmaw, littermate to applepaw, garlicpaw, & ashenpaw.
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / / underline and tag when attacking
    penned by SATURNID ↛ saturnids on discord, feel free to dm for plots.