private Daily dose of realism // chrysaliswing

Jan 5, 2023

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ- For all that is good in the world- why couldn’t she have something good for once?

A pale bundle of fur was curled up in the warriors’ den, towards the back of the den away from the entrance and anyone who could walk by, and was silent. Breathing quietly, staring into the foliage of the leaf-strewn wall that was the warriors’ den. They felt like such an idiot. Like everything they had worked for hard for and towards just blew up in their face suddenly. They hated to cry, they hated showing how easily they could just sob and have feelings. They wished they could turn them off from time to time and just deal with things like a normal person. Though yet everything they felt was extreme and made no logical sense in any way of the word.

Usually rejection was hard, and they had to get over being turned away from Quillstrike- now they had to deal with it from Chrysaliswing too. Suppose she was unlovable? A used good? Honeysplash curled tighter around herself and put a paw over their head for some source of comfort in as they knew they wouldn’t get it from their sisters or brother. Or anyone really. They were slowly starting to realize they might not have anyone in Skyclan anymore. That things had changed and drifted too far to where they were just an outsider among those they saw as friends.

Shoulders shook slightly and they flattened their ears, they hadn’t heard what Chrysaliswing was yelling at them as they left the clearing. They didnt care either. He probably just had more mean words to tell her. He was so- confusing. Did he like her? Did he hate her? Why would he go from being so sweet and playing with her to a big commotion in the middle of camp? Honeysplash just thought the tom needed a friend, someone in his corner cause it felt like he had no one on his side ever. Was it just futile? To try to befriend someone who didnt wanna be friends?

She sighed softly to herself and closed her eyes, trying to will away the urge to sob into the moss covered ground. There was no need to waste tears on another tomcat. There was no need to cry but yet everything felt like it needed it at the same time.

• SPEECH
  • 78199381_aoTXrQHcRsrwjrB.png
  • HONEYSPLASH she/they, Warrior of Skyclan, 27 moons.
    A lithe, cream tabby cat with high white and green eyes.
    Younger siister to Orangestar, Applefrost and Apritcotflower and littermates with Blueberrybounce and Cloudberrythorn // Former mate to; Quillstrike
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / / underline and tag when attacking
    see battle info here
    penned by youwolf_1997 on discord, feel free to dm for plots.

You ruin everything you touch. The thought persisted, even in the dead of night, a gentle caress that lulled him farther away from a happiness he did not deserve. All Honeysplash wanted to do for him was give him a gift, in her own twisted, strange, Twoleg-custom way. How could he help finding an unborn Twoleg egg with a mouse carcass stuffed inside at least a little morbid? Still, the sun-shot molly did not warrant any of his undue anger, spilling out of him in oil-black waves. Any kindness bestowed upon him returned ravaged in internecine turmoil, for he ate up any light in the darkness of his gut and spat out the bones of those who dared care for him. It had happened so many times before, and a wise cat would leave before their legs had been soaked in mud and their face plastered in tar. A smart cat would not have kept trying to fix what could not be fixed. Haptic was the nature of his kin, but how could one touch that which was poisoned to its core, irrevocably so?

Avoiding the coal-smitten gaze of his peers, the chimaeric tom briskly padded to the warrior's den with his footfall rarely abut on the cold ground. Anything to escape the disapproval of his clanmates, though his skin hda surely grown strong and thick with it by now. This was something that compelled him to mend, though hands built of nail and scale could not behold anything gently nor deftly. Quickly, he retouched part of his face that had gotten frazzled and frayed with anger, as though changing how he looked would change how the words wove from his maw. Usually, he would care not for the opinions of those he shot diatribes at. This was different, somehow. He hadn't even meant to perstringe Honeysplash that time, but as always, his fear had drowned out every other sensation that nestled in wispy pelt and chiseled countenence. Beneath all the hackles and the nettle was a stringy creature woven in fright and alarm, crouched low and in shadow.

"Honeysplash? I'm sorry! Is that what you want to hear from me?" He called from the mouth of the den, jagged outline attainting the gentle spring light that filtered through the cracks of thickets and thorn, almost appearing as a monster of barren fur. Despite that, narrow eyes rounded and his expression lie flat. Scabrous tongue did no favors to his half-hearted apology, for he had never learned the art of apologizing, and did not learn today. Honeysplash was so sensitive that the magic 's' word might not be enough for her. Heterchromatic gaze stared at her huddled form practically inscribed onto the walls, sniffles and whimpers emerging from the soft body as they leaked out of her like rainwater. He suppressed the annoyance, forcing it flat like he pressed his bristling back downwards.

• OOC:
  • eUVAhNL.png
  • —— CHRYSALISWING / He/They / 23 Moons
    —— Warrior of Skyclan / Mentoring n/a
    —— A long-haired tomcat with chimaeric patterning. His left side is fully black and his right side is black splotched with sunset-orange. He has complete heterochromia, with his right eye being a bright green and his left eye being a glowering yellow.
    —— Abrasive, temperamental, and critical. Approach at your own risk and engage at your own cost. Despite this, he is a hard worker and quick to call out what he finds wrong.
    —— Penned by Tempest. Contact on Discord (naruk4mi) for plots and threads.

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ- Their soft sounds faltered and stumbled as there was paw steps outside the warriors’ den and the young warrior pressed down into the ground to try to ‘hide’ even if it was futile. They just didn’t want anyone to see them like this. Like a babbling brook of tears and their own self-pity. They had felt stupid enough and didnt want anyone else to make it worse. Figfeather might’ve been right and that hurt more than anything else. It felt like all the effort they put into their relationships never were returned or rejected and it was starting to suck. Suck a lot.

Then the paws had a voice attached to them and it was coming from the warriors’ den entrance. Honeysplash bristled slightly as it was Chrysaliswing and he had called her name, before apologizing and her hopes were soon then crushed like an egg shell under paw. What she wanted to hear? Was he truly sorry if he was just going to say what she wanted to hear? The cream cat flattened her ears to her head and she felt her tears grow hot, and she gave this abnormal snarl.

Pushing herself up, the warrior stormed up to the entrance and shoved her muzzle up at Chrysaliswing despite the tears that blurred her gaze and rolled down her pale face, “Youre not really sorry if you’re just gonna try to say what i wanna hear! Thats not being genuine nor apologetic at all!” She snapped her voice cracking despite her attempts to stand up for herself.

Honeysplash then took a shaky step back and her bottom lip quivered slightly, “Youre so confusing, Chrys, you know that? I-I dont know if-” She bit her lip and then shook her head before gathering that anger that was slowly waning to wanting to sob further, “Do you even like me? Like- i feel like some days you do like me and want to play with me or spend time with me. Then there are other days when its like you can’t stand me or you say mean and hurtful things to me-

The cream and white she-cat looked up at the taller tomcat with watery eyes and her shoulders sagged slightly, “I’ve tried to be your friend Chrys, I’ve tried really hard to be by your side as much as i can cause even you deserve someone in your corner! But- but if you dont want to be my friend or have anything to do with me then just say so? I- I dont wanna be hurt anymore” She looked down at her pale colored paws and her tail flopped behind her.

• SPEECH
  • HONEYSPLASH she/they, Warrior of Skyclan, 27 moons.
    Younger siister to Orangestar, Applefrost and Apritcotflower and littermates with Blueberrybounce and Cloudberrythorn // Former mate to; Quillstrike
    see battle info here

• Wow
Reactions: CHRYSALISWING

Honeysplash's snarl, guttural and unnatural for the feline crafted of sunshine hands, was the first sound to pierce through Chrysaliswing's keen ears. Akin to witnessing a lamb hiss and retch, it sent a pang that raced along hummingbird heart. She shoved her muzzle into his face, honeyed features abask in tears and reddened edges, like he had committed some great evil that had aggrieved her greatly. And he had, and they were right. In all his moons of living, Chrysaliswing had not learned the truth of apology. Saying sorry was his version of putting a poultice on a blistering wound that ran across the belly. It was not enough, and it was never enough. All the anger and the wrath that he had spewed only circled back to him in some twisted serpent that circled its own tail. Stepping back, the chimaeric tom allowed perplexion to coat his countenance, of which usually consternation and cowardice had coated it before. Had his outburst affected her so badly? In his short sighted nature, with the wool of his own ire glazed across his mismatched gaze, he could not see how what he had done warranted such a reaction. He saw the claws that inflicted the fash but not the blood that it smeared.

"I-" Quickly did his words emerge from satin throat to explain himself, but he found his sharp tongue failing on him, as though his weapon had eclipsed in its utility and it could not avail him this time. He wanted to speak something smart, something that would save him from this unbearable situation that he had wound himself into. To untangle strands from the moss bundle took deft hands and kindling patience, both of which the flames that braced his heart did not allow for. The tom could not deny that Honey had done everything in her power to save him from himself, but even the brightest of suns faded in the wake of night's veil, and even the most genial of cats had their breaking point. It was, perhaps, a stroke of sheer luck that Honey's gentleness had extended so far and so long when he had done nothing but drag it through the mud and the grime of his own problems. Shame blustered through the purls of long velvets, like all the pain and hurt that he had caused her liquefied in his gut, sloshing around as acid and erupting from his windpipe as bile.

"Sorry. I'm surprised that you haven't caught on by now, but this is how I am. I'm not a good cat, okay? I'm a fuck-up and I ruin everything I touch. All those moons you spend trying to fix me, or whatever you think you're doing when you spend so much time with me? It won't work. Nothing will work. I like having you around, but someone like me does not deserve it. I'm just being honest. If you want to waste your tears and your love on me, go ahead." He growled, his streaming sentences flowing out of him as easily as the breaths he exhumed. It was an excuse, a distraction, a deflection of blame. It was all his fault, truly, but pride disavowed such brutal honesty, for it would expose a beating heart for what it was - naked, sanguine, and so, so afraid. It is your fault for getting so close to me. You saw my fangs and cried out when you were bit.

• OOC:
  • eUVAhNL.png
  • —— CHRYSALISWING / He/They / 24 Moons
    —— Warrior of Skyclan / Mentoring n/a
    —— A long-haired tomcat with chimaeric patterning. His left side is fully black and his right side is black splotched with sunset-orange. He has complete heterochromia, with his right eye being a bright green and his left eye being a glowering yellow.
    —— Abrasive, temperamental, and critical. Approach at your own risk and engage at your own cost. Despite this, he is a hard worker and quick to call out what he finds wrong.
    —— Penned by Tempest. Contact on Discord (naruk4mi) for plots and threads.

• Love
Reactions: wolfie

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ- Her breaths where heavy as she waited for him to say something, say anything, to just confirm or deny that he hated her. That this had all been a ploy or something to get her to trust and be open. Like Quillstrike did before he left her for another. Just like Jace did when he broke her leg and left her nearly to die in twolegplace. It was like no tomcat she came across was a good hearted cat- no one seemed like they wanted anything to do with her. Not her sisters, her niblings- no one. No one loved her and she thought if she could push everything she had into someone then- then they would at least like her back- right?

Clearly she was wrong.

Chrysaliswing growled at her as he said ‘sorry’ once more and she huffed in response as that wasnt what she cared about nor wanted. Then the vicious adder went on and on more. About that she hadn’t caught on, that he was a fuck up and ruined everything she touched. Fix him? She never wanted to fix him, she just wanted to be there for him. To be someone he could rely on when he saw no one else there. Honeysplashs’ ears went back against her head and she almost shrank down from Chrysaliswing.

Then mossy green hues looked at him, watery and dribbling with tears that finally escaped from behind her upset nature, “I never wanted to fix you-” She started quietly, her voice cold and voice of sunshine temper, “I just wanted someone to like and care about me like i care and like about them” The hash truth and maybe she had picked the wrong cat to try to find love in. Tried and desperately wanted to love her back because he was a good cat. He had good traits, good head on his shoulders, but he just didnt seem to see it that way.

But you’re right- you’re always right” Honeysplash sounded so hurt, and she scooted back in the moss covered floor of the warriors’ den, “I won’t waste my time and bother you anymore- if that’s what you want from me. I’ll disappear and go away and you wont ever have to listen to my annoying self every again- just tell me you hate me and ill go away” She looked at him dead on and her tail twitched behind her body.

• SPEECH
  • HONEYSPLASH she/they, Warrior of Skyclan, 29 moons.
    Younger siister to Orangestar, Applefrost and Apritcotflower and littermates with Cloudberrythorn // Former mate to; Quillstrike // Crushing on; Flora and Chrysaliswing
    see battle info here