dame tu amor | redstorm

At first, it had been dread. The prickling, limb-numbing kind of fear had flooded through her body when she had first found out. What was she to do? Did she go to Redstorm immediately, or does she panic until it begins to show? She hadn't thought she was ready, I mean- fuck! She had been terrified, especially with all of the recent happenings in the clan, with an execution that had been right and justified, but left her feeling beyond sick. But... She had wanted this, for so long, for too long, and it was... Finally a thing.

She finds herself approaching him, her stomach feeling like it were tying itself up in knots. Her paws shake and as he turns his head she can only meet his eyes with a gaze of anxiety. He looks so pretty, he always does, and shes intimidated by it again. Not quite unusual for her, being enamored by her mate is something she finds herself doing often, but this time shes terrified. What would he say? Would he be upset? Or would he be happy? "Mi amor," she begins, brings her forehead to rest against his shoulder. She's acting weird, oh, she knows it, she really does, and he probably realizes it too. It's this thought that makes her realize something is obvious, and while he may not know, he will know soon. "Mi corazón, I love you, you know that, right?" HOW the hell was she supposed to say this? Now it sounds like something else completely, she has to save this!

"Uhm- How do you feel about kittens?" its blurted out. She keeps her head against him, avoiding showing her face for the shame and embarrassment that twists her expression is outrageous. Her throat feels dry and she can only wait for his response.

// @REDSTORM !
"speech"​

It is a sun-filled morning, the kind that warms your pelt and makes you feel drowsy like you could melt into the earth and become one with the dirt and the grass and the trees. As long as she was there alongside him, he wouldn't mind it. She looks so pretty right now, a glow surrounds her that he attributes to the good weather and full bellies of leaf-bare. She looks pretty always but right now he cannot believe how lucky he is. The soft curls of her fur, the way her ears folded back slightly, her cinnamon fur. He could lose himself in those soft features a thousand seasons over and still be left wanting more.

She is his best friend.

Suddenly, she turns and bumps her head against his shoulder and he lets out a soft, rumbling, purr before he sees her face. A look of concern crosses his red features when he sees her expression. She looks worried about something... He can only guess what it is between the deaths and the disappearances. If he could shield her from it all he would within a heartbeat but he knows there are certain things that are out of his control.

"Of course I do" He says quickly in response to her prompt. How could he not? Was she worried that he didn't love her? Was there something wrong? His mind spirals into what-ifs, terrified of losing the one thing in his life that had ever made sense. He wants to pull her closer but she is not finished speaking yet.

"Kittens?" he echoes, mind clearly working to understand why she would be asking such a question. He looks at her open-mouthed, stunned into silence for a long moment before his mouth suddenly clamps shut. He thinks of his father, his found family. He remembers the day Rain had told him about his mother, a she-cat who had left them before they had even opened their eyes and he closes his now, taking a deep breath before opening them again, a warm smile spreading on his face. "I've always wanted a family of my own" he admits quietly, but he doesn't dare ask the question pressing at the forefront of his mind. He wants to ask if she's pregnant, but perhaps the answer was obvious wasn't it? Still, he looks at her expectantly, waiting for her to give the information willingly. His heart threatens to beat out of his chest in the process.

Of course I do, oh... Mi amor, she bites her tongue. And then he echoes what she had said, about the kittens, and her stomachs up in knots again. She pulls her forehead back, watches as his expression changes, his lips part then purse. Oh... Had she said something wrong? She's nearly shaking at this point. Beautiful blue eyes just stare and her fur prickles uneasily, threatens to rise in a physical show of her anxiety,

But he smiles. He smiles, and its the most breathtaking thing in the world. He's always wanted a family, her stomach does flips in joy this time. "Te quiero mucho, te- Red, my love, my every-thing-" her voice cracks, she cannot hide her tears. He is everything, he is her love, he is a brother, he will be a father. He will be a good dad, she knows it, he's everything she has wanted, he will be everything to their children-

And it really just hits her then. Shes truly going to have a family, someone to raise kittens with, tiny little creatures that will call her mom. It doesn't feel real, a dream shes had since childhood. Family had always been her first priority, since she had been a little kitten herself, snuggled up to her brothers and sisters and mama and papa and... She lets out a breath of pure, exhilarating excitement. They'd be parents! And they'll bring the prettiest little kittens in to the world and she hopes they have their fathers eyes-

"We're gonna be parents." she breathes out, finally, eyes wide as she stares at him. Shes shifting her weight between paws, her tail wagging akin to a dog. "You're going to be a dad and I- I get to be a mom." and shes so excited that the dream has come true, with the man of her dreams as well.

She only hopes hes happy. She knows he'd be gentle, he'd be kind, he'd be good, like the tales of his father.
"speech"​