private DAYBREAKER ANTHEM 🎀 FEATHERPAW

Pinkpaw figured out, apparently, that night she'd thought she was up super late all cool - like... was actually morning. Where does night - time end and morning - time begin? When does up late turn into up early?

Well, she guesses these are existentional questions for another day. All she knows is that she's doing it again. When her eyes blink open, the sky is dark and spooky. It was pure coincidence that she woke up so early last time... It was pure coincidence this time too, but this time, it would aid her. She's not up just to eat rabbit and talk with her family. She's up on a mission. because she's decided, since she's gotta keep being a tunneler, she's running away. FOREVER.

It's probably the most quiet Pinkpaw has ever been in her entire life. She needs to be all sneaky and stuff, and she wants to sneak out undetected. Pinkpaw still doesn't know the territory that well, but maybe she can find a cool rock to live in. Or should she go back to ThunderClan? No way was she going back to stinky ShadowClan... Pinkpaw gives sad looks to all her sleeping family she passes by. Heavy Snow and Sparkspirit knew she was leaving already... She'd tell her sisters, but they're all so tired from training and she doesn't wanna bother them... She kind of wants to tell someone before she dramatically leaves, though...

She glimpses a spiky brown pelt. She like, hardly got to see Featherpaw anymore since she was a moor - runner... Not like Featherpaw liked playing games anyways. He's a weird, grumpy cat. ...But Pinkpaw decides this is who she will tell, anyways.

" Featherpaw! " she whisper - yells intensely, poking at the apprentice's cheek. " Featherpaw! I'm going away forever! "
EpC61GT.png

• ooc: @FEATHERPAW
  • ( IT'S TIME TO START A FUCKING RIOT, RIOT! ) PINKPAW APPRENTICE OF WINDCLAN. DAUGHTER TO BRIGHTSHINE & HEAVY SNOW. SISTER TO HEATHPAW, DOWNYPAW, & FINCHPAW.
    —— SHE / HER; UNOPPOSED TO THE USE OF OTHERS
    —— CURRENTLY 3 MOONS OLD. AGES EVERY 16TH

A tiny, longhaired calico she - kit with yellow eyes, ringed blue around her pupils (sectoral heterochromia). While you can clearly see her flame markings on her face, the rest of her body is currently covered by a grey fever - coating. Though the whites of her are still very much visible. Pink-kit bounces around WindClan without a care in the world! Her emotions are big, and she makes little effort to regulate them, resulting in both her usually cheerful disposition, as well as making her prone to sudden bouts of extreme anger or sadness. Rarely seen without a smile!
    HEAVY IC OPINIONS! Pink-kit is a very irrational and childish character!​

• Wow
Reactions: Jay

Apparently, believing he was safe from Pinkpaw now they were both busy training and assigned different roles had been a hasty assumption. Her white-gloved paw poked at his cheek and Featherpaw's face exploded into one of abject disgust and annoyance, flinching away from the touch as if she'd struck him. Whip-crack, her tail lashed; sleep-deprived eyes of sharp sunlight, out of place in the darkness, settled serpentine-slit pupils on the tunneller apprentice's face.

"Get your crusty paw off me!" she whisper-shouted back. Featherpaw had half a mind to bash Pinkpaw across the nose, urge her to get away from him, to give him the tiniest opportunity to get a little bit of sleep. But, voice somewhat-quiet and urging, Pinkpaw had said she was already going away. Where to, Featherpaw didn't know. Didn't care, either, particularly. As long as it was away from her.

A sheen in her eyes, ever-critical, betrayed that she didn't really believe Pinkpaw at all. That apprentice, she was one of the most impulsive, idiotic, forgetful cats Featherpaw had ever known. She'd get halfway to away and forget why she was even going. "What finally persuaded you?"
✦ penned by pin

• Haha
Reactions: Jay and Floppie
Pinkpaw flinches back as if shocked. And she was! She didn't do anything, and Featherpaw was completely making thing sup right now! " My paws are not crusty! " Pinkpaw snaps defensively. She had more dirt on then them ever, now... but Pinkpaw cleaned them real good right after. She wasn't crusty or dirty or dusty or anything like that! She wasn't a tunneler! She gives a few lashes of her tail, looking at Featherpaw with her poutiest pout ever. She's like, really close to yelling, but she didn't want to wake anyone else up... Catching herself, Pinkpaw lowers her voice back to a whisper.

" I, um— " Well now Featherpaw made her nervous! Why'd he gotta be so mean? Pinkpaw gives a quick glance to her paw, ensuring that it wasn't, in fact, crusty. Featherpaw's a liar! More boldly, she says, " Cuz I don't wanna be a tunneler! I don't wanna eat dirt and put bugs with lots of eyes in my fur! And no one will trade me so... I gotta leave... " Her tail droops sadly to the floor, cause she loved WindClan and she didn't really wanna leave... WindClan was the best, except when you're a tunneler, clearly. " You're sooo lucky, Featherpaw. I wanna be a moor - runner like you... " she admits, paw drawing sad lines in the ground.
EpC61GT.png

• EZIRq0S.png
  • ( IT'S TIME TO START A FUCKING RIOT, RIOT! ) PINKPAW APPRENTICE OF WINDCLAN. DAUGHTER TO BRIGHTSHINE & HEAVY SNOW. SISTER TO HEATHPAW, DOWNYPAW, & FINCHPAW.

A tiny, longhaired calico she - kit with yellow eyes, ringed blue around her pupils (sectoral heterochromia). While you can clearly see her flame markings on her face, the rest of her body is currently covered by a grey fever - coating. Though the whites of her are still very much visible. Pink-kit bounces around WindClan without a care in the world! Her emotions are big, and she makes little effort to regulate them, resulting in both her usually cheerful disposition, as well as making her prone to sudden bouts of extreme anger or sadness. Rarely seen without a smile!

Reactions: FEATHERSPINE

Pinkpaw denied, the same way she always denied that her pelt wasn't dusty or that she wasn't annoying.Featherpaw didn't respond, but rolled her eyes in a way that betrayed complete disbelief. In the haze of lateness, she couldn't temper her impulses as well... though around Pinkpaw she never particularly tried to. Briefly, he considered he could shove a paw in her face and push her away, wobbling her off-balance and onto her flank, and knocking the sensibility that she would leave forever right out of her rock-head.

She told her tale, though, and he didn't interrupt her. It had been obvious to anyone who had been within Pinkpaw's general vicinity that she hadn't wanted to be a tunneller. Scorchstreak and the rest of the underground-dwellers had insisted it was an honour, but that truth seemed to have failed to latch onto Pinkpaw's brain. Nor had they convinced Featherpaw, particularly...

Sharp eyes tracked her sadly scraping paws. Featherpaw's shoulders heaved, a sigh sprawling in-and-out of him. "I d-don't think trading's allowed, anyway," he uttered unhelpfully. Idly, his own paw started drawing in the dust, too.

"Maybe when Sunstride is leader, he'll let you switch." She drew a little spiral in the dirt. By the time that happened, though- there was no telling how old they'd be. "B... b... 'cause you don't really want to leave, do you?"
✦ penned by pin

• Crying
Reactions: PINKSHINE
Pinkpaw screws up her face. Why not? Rules are important, but rules are so dumb.. What's the point of them, if they're going to ban everything fun and fair and interesting? Pinkpaw announces her displeasure with a huff, ears flickering annoyedly atop her head. " Boo, that's no fun... " Her head tilts to watch Featherpaw make pictures with his paws. Next to his spiral, Pinkpaw puts lots of squiggly lines. Like this, both their paws would be crusty, so Featherpaw couldn't be mad at her no more...

" No, I don' wanna leave... " Pinkpaw says poutily. Her moving to sit is more like a defeated flop, and her tail curls sadly around her. Not like she wouldn't leave, 'cause she totally would, after she talks to Featherpaw. She's just getting comfier, so she can leave lots of drawings for her to remember her by. " I wanna... stay with all my friends. But I'll be super sad and no fun if I have to be a tunneler... I 'don want that... " she says sullenly.

Maybe when Sunstride is leader. Like that's gonna happen... Sootstar is like a million moons old, and has sooo many lives! Pinkpaw's gonna be an elder by then, and Sunstride will probably be gone... " Sootstar's gonna live forever, isn't she? " She'll live forever too, of course, but if they both live forever, that still means tunneler forever...

" Could Sunstride make me a moor - runner in secret? " she asks, looking up to give Featherpaw a hopeful look. " Could you ask him? " She'd let Sootstar call her a tunneler, if she didn't have to actually do the stuff. Brightshine could train her instead and, and everything would be good...
EpC61GT.png

• EZIRq0S.png

No fun, she said. No fun. As if everything rotated solely around how fun it was. Featherpaw let free an irritated sigh, but no more needled the calico who now sat in front of him. Narrowed eyes lingered upon what Pinkpaw was drawing, slitted pupils following the motions of her paw, the waves. Featherpaw began, for no reason she could rationally pinpoint, copying her, trying to make the pattern a little bit symmetrical. As much as she could in this company...

Pinkpaw confirmed Featherpaw's suspicions. Of course she didn't actually want to leave- in a twisted way, he was glad she had sought him out, if only so he could have shoved the truth through her ears and into her brain. Sootstar's gonna live forever, isn't she? Featherpaw shook her head. No matter how many lives Sootstar had, their leader wouldn't live forever. "Everyone d - d... everyone d... no-one lives forever," Featherpaw asserted, still focused on the patterned dirt at their feet.

Great, she'd have earthy paws now. The pristine snowiness was already dirtied by soil, but Pinkpaw's question shocked him so much he couldn't let his annoyance stew for very long. "When he's leader, I'll ask him." She sounded unwilling. That was the only way he could ever make this promise, though- Sunstride didn't have the authority to make tunnellers moor-runners in secret. Anyone with a brain knew that- but Featherpaw routinely forgot Pinkpaw didn't in fact have a brain. "Look, puh... puh... Pinkpaw. If you leave you will also be super sad and no fun." Featherpaw mimicked her voice. "B-b-because you'll be alone. And you'll probably get hurt."

She drew another squiggly line in the dirt. Maybe she had been too harsh. "And who knows, you might get a g-growth spurt, and you won't even fit in the tunnels anymore."
✦ penned by pin

Pinkpaw tilts her head. Why couldn't cats live forever? " I'm gonna live forever, " she tells Featherpaw as if it were the most obvious thing in the world, and it was! Pinkpaw's gonna live forever, and she only has one life. So Sootstar should totally live forever. Maybe unless she got sick... Pinkpaw doesn't admit that she doesn't really understand not living that good. Pinkpaw blinks wide - eyed as Featherpaw draws along with her. Maybe if she could hide from Scorchstreak and just draw with Featherpaw, she could stay in WindClan... But Pinkpaw almost summoned her before. Maybe if she doesn't think about Scorchstreak, she won't appear?

Pinkpaw puts on a focused face, trying hard to push away thoughts of the kind-of-cool-but-not-really-lead-warrior-woman that was Scorchstreak. She's gonna think about Heavy Snow instead! And Brightshine... Who, arghh, even looks like Scorchstreak a little bit. ...Does that mean SHE looks like Scorchstreak? Is that why Sootstar thought she had to be a tunneler? Pinkpaw makes a long groaning sound, shuffling her paws aggravatedly in the sand. At least she moves them a little so it doesn't mess up their drawing... " Arghhh! " The look she gives Featherpaw is petulant, but at least he didn't say he'll never ask... It'll just probably be never.

Look, puh... puh... Pinkpaw. She fixes a scrunchy look on her, though it's less scrunchy then it could've been, because the way he says her name is sorta funny... But she immediately opens her mouth to protest. " Nothing would hurt me! I'd hurt it first! " She insists. ...But maybe the first part was kinda true. Pinkpaw would have no one to play games with, and she wouldn't get to show Featherpaw cool things anymore... " Maybe I'll go to... Thuh... ThunderClan, " she says, but her lips dipping into a rare frown probably reveals how much she does not wanna do that at all.

She looks despairingly at Featherpaw, who, by the way, isn't even that big. It's all her spiky fur letting her totally cheat! With a sniff, " How do I get... um, bigger? "
EpC61GT.png

• EZIRq0S.png

• Love
Reactions: waluigipinball

Would it be worth approaching Brightshine and asking the calico from where in all that was good Pinkpaw managed to get that idea? That she'd live forever- the notion filled Featherpaw with fear that she could not place, and that made her feel disgusted and appalled, a gut feeling lurched and could surely leap out of her mouth at any moment. A way of thinking like that, it would only end in Pinkpaw getting hurt. Was Scorchstreak not trying to squash these notions out of her?

Stunned, she could only stare at the other apprentice for a few long, excruciating moments. Frustration flooded from Pinkpaw's mouth, insistent and aggravated. Featherpaw kept drawing lines in the dirt, nose wrinkling up in annoyance as Pinkpaw nearly trampled on their drawing. There was no getting through to her, was there? Adamantly, she said nothing would hurt her. Nothing. She'd be fine, apparently, and Featherpaw had half a mind to tell her to get lost and get herself killed.

She didn't, though. "You don't want to go to ThunderClan. The trees were ugly and the prey was d-d-disgusting." she said, instead. It had been all... musky, odd tasting. Like leaves. Not fresh and hearty like a moorland meal. And- she'd seen it, Pinkpaw had stopped smiling. The thought of ThunderClan had made her drop her "prettiness", and that was enough to convince Featherpaw that he was right.

For a moment, she simply stared at Pinkpaw. Why, why him? Why did she think him the authority on everything, someone who she could bother at any time of any day? Oh what, what had he done to deserve it? He traced another line in the dirt. "Not sure. That, I can ask Sunstride." She was feeling generous, apparently. "Or... maybe Wolfsong would be b-b-better."
✦ penned by pin

You don't want to go to ThunderClan, Featherpaw says, and Pinkpaw makes the frowniest face at her. The trees were ugly and the prey was disgusting. Pinkpaw's drawings are getting sadder and sadder. She tries to draw a flower, but she can't even remember what flowers look like right now cause all Pinkpaw got to see now was dirt and darkness... " Least I could run where I want... " she mumbles. Well, sort of. There were so many trees in ThunderClan, how did they do anything? She had to get bigger, and fast if she didn't wanna leave yummy rabbits and all her friends. If she didn't wanna leave Featherpaw...

That, I can ask Sunstride. Her head snaps up at that. Sunstride was one of the biggest cats Pinkpaw knew. Or... maybe Wolfsong would be b-b-better Pinkpaw is blinking, wide as moons at her friend. " Pleeaase! Either of them! Both of them! " Her eyes are round and hopeful, cause she didn't wanna go to ThunderClan, not one big. She and her family were all happy here, weren't they? " If I get, um, if I get big... Then I can stay in WindClan, and, uh— we can be friends forever! " she beams, smile returning at full force across her maw. She's lucky that Featherpaw is so smart, and that her dads are also super smart. And if Pinkpaw couldn't talk to Sootstar, than at least they could.

Where Featherpaw draws a line, Pinkpaw puts one next to hers. She'll draw the prettiest flower ever, next time. Or maybe she should just bring her an actual flower... Which she could, because she wouldn't have to be a tunneler anymore! " Will you really ask? Um, promise? " she insists.
EpC61GT.png

• EZIRq0S.png
    —— CURRENTLY 4 MOONS OLD. AGES EVERY 16TH

A tiny, longhaired calico she - kit with yellow eyes, ringed blue around her pupils (sectoral heterochromia). While you can clearly see her flame markings on her face, the rest of her body is currently covered by a grey fever - coating. Though the whites of her are still very much visible. Pinkpaw bounces around WindClan without a care in the world! Her emotions are big, and she makes little effort to regulate them, resulting in both her usually cheerful disposition, as well as making her prone to sudden bouts of extreme anger or sadness. Rarely seen without a smile!
    HEAVY IC OPINIONS! Pinkpaw is a very irrational and childish character!​

Narrowed eyes flickered in subdued shock- he swore, Pinkpaw's moods changed like the clouds before a rainstorm, racing through the sky and splitting in two. Pinkpaw seemed to think as if she would have to persuade him, with great effort and theatrics. But Featherpaw hadn't been lying. It was all fairly simple to him, really- maybe she'd stop prodding at him if he finally managed to give her some good advice. She would, at last, be able to get a good night's sleep. A good day's rest... a good minute to think...

We can be friends forever! Featherpaw nodded vaguely, looking past Pinkpaw's face, unsure what else to do. Though... Pinkpaw surely thought everyone was her friend. Her mother seemed no different. There was no nuance, no meaning to it. She wanted to stay in WindClan, deep down- she wanted to find an excuse for it. Thus, there was no use being confused- so, he snapped his eyes back into focus.

"Yeah," he confirmed. Yeah, he'd ask. It wouldn't be a difficult conversation- she was more personable with her parents as she was with any other cat, and she trusted their judgement more than the clowder of cawing cats that so often interrupted her attempts at conversation with their bickering. To say it truly and properly, she dusted away a rougher patch on her drawing as she murmured, "I p - p - puh... puh... promise."

If it took so much effort to say it, it must mean something.
✦ penned by pin

• Love
Reactions: Floppie
" Ohmygosh, really? " she nearly yells and forgets that it's still super early in the morning... Pinkpaw doesn't even know any words big enough to describe how surprised she is. Sure Featherpaw's her friend, but he's also pretty grumpy, but maybe he's less grumpy than she thought, if he's willing to ask stuff for her. Maybe Featherpaw is secretly the most fun cat around. Maybe she needs to keep how fun she is a secret from everyone else. But Pinkpaw saw it, she knew. In this moment, Featherpaw is like, her most favorite cat ever. And if she becomes a moor - runner, they can hang out lots and lots and tell each other secrets and stories and find cool things...

And she's glad she didn't have to leave WindClan, cause really, that was so much trouble... Pinkpaw didn't even know where ThunderClan was, all she knows is holes and dirt and darkness... Maybe the last thing she would've asked Featherpaw is which way ThunderClan is... but that doesn't matter anymore, not at all.

Featherpaw puh - puh - promises, and Pinkpaw has to stop herself from squealing in delight. As Featherpaw's eyes flit to their drawing, Pinkpaw looks at him with stars in her eyes. " You're the best ever Featherpaw! " she declares wholeheartedly, slashing one last line in the sand before she promptly turns away back to her nest. While Featherpaw is the best ever right now, Pinkpaw is the sleepiest ever, and she'd sink back into her new nest with a content smile.
EpC61GT.png

• EZIRq0S.png
    —— CURRENTLY 4 MOONS OLD. AGES EVERY 16TH

A tiny, longhaired calico she - kit with yellow eyes, ringed blue around her pupils (sectoral heterochromia). While you can clearly see her flame markings on her face, the rest of her body is currently covered by a grey fever - coating. Though the whites of her are still very much visible. Pinkpaw bounces around WindClan without a care in the world! Her emotions are big, and she makes little effort to regulate them, resulting in both her usually cheerful disposition, as well as making her prone to sudden bouts of extreme anger or sadness. Rarely seen without a smile!
    HEAVY IC OPINIONS! Pinkpaw is a very irrational and childish character!​

Reactions: FEATHERSPINE

Featherpaw could not help but look back at her the moment she whisper-shouted again- he nearly, nearly shoved a paw right over her mouth, trying desperately to muffle her excited chittering. If not for his own sake, then for the sake of those who she'd wake up... but no-one seemed to stir, and Featherpaw didn't move his paw. There was a messy line in the sand, borne from a burst of Pinkpaw's excitement, and yellow eyes narrowed disdainfully upon it.

It was a messy line and it didn't really fit, but Featherpaw didn't fix it. Didn't even touch it. She merely looked at the back of Pinkpaw's head as the calico kitten declared she was the best ever, promptly marching away. Nothing but pebbles in that head. She'd tell someone else the very same thing tomorrow. The next time she yelled in his face, Featherpaw would tell her to shut up, and Pinkpaw would think she was the worst ever again.

She was rude and stupid and demanding. And she didn't even say goodnight, she just... walked off. But she had said something. And so Featherpaw did, too- hissed between teeth, too quiet for Pinkpaw to hear. "G'night, then." Scorned. Somehow.

She'd close her eyes for a final chance at sleep, then.
✦ penned by pin