deception and perfection // RTA, hunting

'CAUSE I FEEL LIKE I'M THE WORST
SO I ALWAYS ACT LIKE I'M THE BEST

sootspritespark & 44 moons & demi-girl & she/they & skyclan daylight warrior

66620199_dd3AYrLkR3Qn42R.png
The gentle thud of paws against the ground and the startled shriek of the sparrow she'd pounced upon are the only sign that Sootspritespark's hunt is successful. The molly hadn't actually intended to bring back a catch today, content to sprawl out upon a low hanging branch for a nice nap. It was just nice, to have her freedom again - be given full reign of coming and going as she pleases. It'd been a close call she remembers, with her twolegged ones locking her in for nearly a moon after she'd dissapeared alongside her clanmates who'd been chased into shadowclans territory, only to return home covered in wounds and missing her collar. Still, they were understanding housefolk - her screaming at the top of her lungs and wrecking havoc with the help of their annoying mutt had certainly driven home her point, and her well trained twolegs had (eventually) gotten the message. Still, she finds herself spending less time here than she once had, if only because her kits were fully grown and with lives of their own, any day now to receive their warrior names. The xsun was warm and the scent of the woods homely - the perfect condition for a nap. If only that damned sparrow would stop chirping.The twittering thing was annoying, its repetitive call grating upon her nerves until she'd snapped.

Blinking down at it, she can only sigh - her nap had been well and truly ruined now. Really, as nice as the taste of tender flesh was, she rarely enjoyed such things herself - her twolegs fed her well, especially these days now that they had in abundance of the strange, mouthwatering pink meat. Still, she thinks, yellow eyes staring at the feathered fiend now laying at her paws, it's a nice catch - surely, her clanmates will enjoy it and her efforts won't go to waste. Ears twitch as the sound of conversation and paw steps draws nearer, cheeky smile already painted across her face as she turns. " Lucky day, no? Nice weather, and stupid prey - what could be better, " she jokes once whoever it is arrives within eyesight - curls bouncing as she stretches lazily.

actions & " speech, " & 'thoughts/quotes'

TV TAUGHT ME HOW TO FEEL NOW REAL LIFE HAS NO APPEAL

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-Stupid prey? That does sound pretty good” They spoke up from where they had been laying and smiled a bit at the dark furred daylight warrior, “I havent been out hunting in ages- maybe thats something to be done today” They seemed to be more talking to themselves than to Sootsprite but that wasnt the point. Honeysplash turned to her fellow clanmates and smiled sweetly, “Did you catch the bird?

They hadn’t really spoken much to Sootspritespark. They didnt know a single thing about her other than she had kits and she was a daylight warrior- and it seemed like Honeysplash had a habit of making friends with the more grumpier cats. So what was one more to add the the list? “How are you kits as well, Soot? I heard they quite big now

• SPEECH
  • HONEYSPLASH she/they, Warrior of Skyclan, 27 moons.
    A lithe, cream tabby cat with high white and green eyes.
    Younger siister to Orangestar, Applefrost and Apritcotflower and littermates with Blueberrybounce and Cloudberrythorn // Former mate to; Quillstrike
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / / underline and tag when attacking
    see battle info here
    penned by youwolf_1997 on discord, feel free to dm for plots.

e4gdcrrlkx4.jpg

SO WHAT DO I DO WITH THIS? — Though she would never discriminate against a clanmate for how they chose to live - such a thing would be hypocritical, considering her own heritage - Pollenpaw had to admit she didn't quite get daylight warriors. The thought of interacting consistently with twolegs was alone enough to make the apprentice gag, but to be at their whims whenever you returned to their dens? To risk being trapped inside like Sootspritespark had been because of their worries? It was enough to make a shiver run down her spine, her worst nightmare being given form. At least it seemed like Sootsprite wasn't exactly suffering, her coat plush and curly and her tone cheerful as she turned from the now-dead sparrow sitting at her paws. Pollenpaw, meanwhile, found herself wondering if the other was going to eat it herself.

Strolling over not long after Honeysplash, the young tabby glanced up at the trees around them, wondering how many other poor and brainless birds were lingering nearby. Ripe for the taking, if she had anything to say about it. "I'm always in favor of stupid prey as opposed to smart ones, as long as they don't somehow taste worse." A brief snort left her then, amused by the thought of intelligence having a direct link to the tastiness of prey. Maybe she'd try chomping down on Orchidpaw's leg later to test that particular theory, since he'd have to taste rancid with how much training he tried to get out of. Yet she continued to hang out with him... maybe she wouldn't taste great either.

She was quick to shake off that rather odd thought process, looking between Honeysplash and Sootspritespark before focusing on the latter. Honeysplash had already asked about her family, so Pollenpaw focused on the other question on her mind. "Are you enjoying being back around again? It seemed like you vanished on us for a while there." There was no accusation in her words, just mild curiosity over how the daylight warrior felt about being back in the forest proper. Was it a relief, or had her time away been more like a vacation than a prison sentence?

• shorthaired cream tabby with low white and green eyes flecked with brown
    11 moons old; ages the 25th every month
    lesbian; currently not looking but open to crushes
    daughter of mottledove and beetleback
    littermate to aspenpaw and pipitpaw
    currently being mentored by dewcatcher
    easy to befriend and laidback; quick to childish anger
    "speech", thoughts, attacking
    peaceful powerplay allowed

• Wow
Reactions: Honeysplash