camp detention ;; organizing herbs.

ddx44sx-28222a01-c987-4916-8421-7853ecd2dad3.png
You could tell him all day that he had to be patient, he had to wait for Dawnglare to teach him new herbs. So far, he'd only really understood that sticks and cobwebs were important. Being stuck with grunt work, cleaning up any leftovers and sweeping the den of any debris. If it wasn't cleaning, it was prepping. Rolling cobwebs onto sticks, organizing herbs in fours- if it wasn't perfectly organized, it drove him mad.

One, two, three, four.

"Crap.." He curses under his breath, noticing he was down one stick. This wouldn't work. Nope, nope. There needed to be four, or else.. Else.. Something bad would happen. "This isn't good. I need one more. Just- Just one more, gah!" He gives up then, pushing a bundled set of herbs away from him and storming out of the medicine den. His face twists with irritation, frustration bubbling up inside of him. That's it, I'm going out to search for sticks.

One thing he noticed now that Dawnglare was teaching him, was that the tom was messy. He left herbs all over the ground, everything wasn't organized- how was he supposed to know which was which? Ugh.. He'll have to start organizing for him, then.

• Angry
Reactions: DAWNGLARE

pale blue eyes caught the young medicine cat apprentice storming out of the den. her interest piqued as she watched, nothing interesting was happening until now.

little thought was given before eve was trotting over. she just had to get to the bottom of what had their future medicine cat's tail in a twist. approaching fireflypaw with a wide smile, she glanced over his frustrated expression. "what's got you all riled up! those herbs fightin back?" she said playfully, fluffy tail swishing behind her. she couldn't imagine doing that job, just the smell of those weird plants made her stomach churn. maybe that's what was wrong, fireflypaw was simply spending too much time around funny foliage."you look like you need a break. ya know, something to take your mind off those silly little plants."
[ FALLEN STAR ]

• Love
Reactions: ThistleBack

Greenpaw has been keeping his distance from Fireflypaw.

With his friend's unfortunate path change, the tom finds it inevitable - Fireflypaw being taught more about Greenpaw's deadly namesake, being convinced of the curse the orange tabby tom holds. It's only a matter of time before his friend is no longer his friend, a friendship forgotten upon separated paths and the watch of Dawnglare.

So, when the apprentice storms out of the medicine den, Greenpaw only expects the worst. This is it. Their friendship is over.

"Firefly...?" he still asks, slowly, as nerves rise within him, "Everything okay...?"

And though it's Eveningpaw to suggest it, Greenpaw nods his head in agreement. "Y-Yeah, maybe a break will do you some good."

He can't be expected to sit in the medicine den all day, right? Hopefully, stepping away from all those leaves and roots and... whatever else Dawnglare holds in there... will be good for the medic's apprentice.

ddx44sx-28222a01-c987-4916-8421-7853ecd2dad3.png
Fireflypaw nearly jumps in place when he hears Eveningpaw's mew of curiosity, eyebrows furrowing as his tongue holds back the need to excuse himself. As much as Firefly enjoyed his new job, his new lifestyle- when things weren't even, it made his pelt feel uneasy. She attempts to joke with him about the herbs fighting back, the medicine cat mustering up a shaky smile. "Nah, nothin' like that." How does one talk about how he feels, without sounding batshit insane? What if Dawnglare decided he wasn't worth it anymore, because he couldn't.. Couldn't..

you look like you need a break. ya know, something to take your mind off those silly little plants. "No! I'm fine, fine, fine, fine-" He stutters, shifting uncomfortably as he realizes just how much he spoke already. "The herbs, they're not attackin' me or nothin'." He hums softly, smoothing a paw through the slush-like mud beneath him. Next to arrive is Greenpaw, Firefly perking up just a little at the sound of his voice. He's worried, Firefly realizes; there's a hint of nervousness in his voice, which confuses him for a moment. Why? Now wasn't the right time to ask- but when would be? Would everyone he loves act so oddly around him, now that he was Dawnglare's apprentice?

He also suggests a break, and Firefly's frown deepens. "I.. I just need one more stick." He sounds almost desperate when he says those words, paws kneading the ground underneath him. "My sight's not that good anymore, so I.. I need a little help. A-And then I'll take a break, okay?" He stutters through his words, though as he moves, he gently attempts to push his cheek up against Greenpaw's own for comfort. "Who knows, maybe we'll find something cool."

To camp, he returns, marigold held in jaw. It was far from abundant in this season, but it was certainly necessary. His only hope to stop the spread of that ooze, to present all the clan's wounds from becoming puffy and green. Green...

Dawnglare stares. Too close, too close to his den. The poor thing needed no further ruined, already torn and ransacked. The last thing it needed was to be clogged with such a presence. The last thing his apprentice needed was to be burned by such a presence. Brows twitching, he strides forward. Crystal eyes burn with the light of the sun. Lips are pressed into a thin line as he regards the two. Too much, too close. Everything at once, too much. An insect stands to taint the vessel for his teachings. Unlucky in its name, unlucky in its eyes. He knows his mother chants her curses nearby. "What are you doing?" He does not hide the accusation. He holds his tongue, if only for Firefly.

One more stick.

Firefly just needs one more stick.

It's this that is the source of his friend's frustrations, Greenpaw thinks. Nothing towards him, his viridescent curse. Good. Good. He feels himself relax at Fireflypaw's attempt to comfort him, feels the relief that their friendship is not yet over.

He'll bask in his friendship with the pointed apprentice for as long as he can. Whether it means a day, or moons down the line, when Fireflypaw's opinions on him have twisted around and been corrupted by the High Priest. When Fireflypaw no longer sees Greenpaw as catmint, sees him as the poison he is, instead.

Fireflypaw needs help finding one more stick, and Greenpaw hesitates. He doesn't know. Doesn't know if he should lay a paw on the Priest's herbs, doesn't know if it'll transfer his curse to herbs the color of his poison. But, a stick is a stick, and Greenpaw has dealt with plenty of those to know they aren't green. Surely it won't harbor his venom, if it's not green.

So, would it hurt to help his friend?

"A stick?" he finally repeats, looking around. "That'll be easy! Come on!"

He turns to lead the medicine apprentice on their hunt, only to stop in his tracks at the sight of cinnamon fur in front of him. The High Priest is quick with his accusatory tone, words that make the ginger-furred tom step back.

He's in trouble, Greenpaw knows this. Knows that Dawnglare doesn't like him for the curse the medic had bestowed upon him. Realizes then, that his time with his friend is probably shorter than he'd assumed. Mere minutes - no, seconds - before washed in green, rather than the days and moons he'd hoped for.

"I'm... Helping?" Greenpaw offers, though he doesn't know if it will be of use to even speak to the medicine cat.