private Devil's after both of us ♡ Fallowpaw

Mar 30, 2024
*+:。.。 Wrathpaw had a lot of coping to do when it came to what happened during that patrol, and not a little part of him hoped he wouldn't have to do it alone. He supposes though, at the end of the day, at least he came out of it unscathed. The same could not be said for Fallowpaw. His heart still ached for the older apprentice who'd returned to camp bloodied but still holding tight to her catch. It was hard to fully agree with the rest of his clan that Raccoonstripe's patrol wasn't worth any praise at all when Fallowpaw risked her own health for the sake of the clan...he wished cats acknowledged that more.

Wrathpaw heard rumors that morning that Fallowpaw would be allowed back to the apprentice's den tonight. Eagerly, the boy began his quest to find the softest material he could. Even though it had been given a clean bill of health, surely Fallowpaw would appreciate a comfy nest to return to? So the boy gathered the softest moss, ripped off feathers from the fresh kill, and even got a mouthful of flowers while out on patrol! By the time the sun dipped, Fallowpaw's nest was thoroughly decorated in petals, plumes, and downy plant life. Sitting back with a proud smile, Wrathpaw was certain she'd have the best night of her life in this!

If Howlingstar wouldn't praise Fallowpaw, then hopefully a good first night back in the den would do the trick!

Before heading to bed himself, he fluffed up the nest a little more, certain it could be softer still...

@FALLOWPAW

• GENERAL:
    Wrathkit
    DMAB— He/Him
    6 moons — Ages 1 moon every month real-time
    Brother to Lovelight, Joywing, Giggle-
    Thunderclan — Kit
    Mentored by Wildheart

COMBAT:
    Physically easy | mentally easy
    Attack in bold #4a59ff
    injuries: None currently

ˏˋ*⁀➷ Fallowpaw can't say that she's particularly excited about leaving the medicine den. The solitude it provides is a welcome respite for the asocial molly, a guarantee of a sort of peace and quiet rarely afforded in ThunderClan's camp. Still, wounds heal. Her face mends quickly, the stinging clawmarks fading into itchy scars (which she has been very sternly reminded not to scratch).

Her paws are heavy as she trudges back to the apprentice den for the night, tufted toes dragging upon the dusty ground. The one telief, at least, is that she can sleep next to her sisters again. It is nowhere near as cozy as the fox-den of her youth, but something special nonetheless.

Her eyes take a moment to adjust to the evening dim, hooded by the roof of the apprentice den. They trail over to the little corner that her family had claimed - and there is someone there who should not be. Not her sisters, not Bravepaw, obnoxiously nested next to Doe. No, this is someone... barely familiar. She recognizes him belatedly as the newest arrival, and even more belatedly registers what exactly he is messing with. She doesn't particularly care what it is that he is doing - she doesn't like it. Her lip curl into a snarl. "And what exactly are you doing -" She takes a few paces forward, head lowered and tail lashing. The very picture of a predator, teeth bared. "touching my nest?" A low growl spills from her throat as she approaches in a stalk. The nerve of this glorified kit... Guess he hasn't got the message yet that she does not want him near.

• 81827753_leXAOq98Ir3HT2X.png

"SPEECH"
  • FALLOWPAW ⁀➷ she / it, apprentice of thunderclan, ten moons.
    a scarred, pointed brown and white molly with shaggy fur and golden eyes.
    standoffish and solitary, always seems to have a dark cloud hanging over its head.
    baying hound xx npc, littermate to antlerpaw & doepaw.
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / / underline and tag when attacking
    penned by SATURNID ↛ saturnids on discord, feel free to dm for plots.

*+:。.。 Fallowpaw was not someone Wrathpaw was particularly familiar with, especially not before he became an apprentice. The few times she's cleaned the nursery while he still resided in it she'd kept mostly to herself. Did her work, did it well, then was gone in a blink. He'd always thought she was cool though, with her uniquely blotched pelt and mysteriously hooded eyes. Joining the apprentices den, he'd discovered that there was a sharp glare beneath those writhing locks, like umber snakes fighting for purchase in curtaining off venomous looks. She wasn't the easiest to get along with, he'd discovered - and heard from a couple of mumbled rumors.

But she was still so, so cool!

"Fallowpaw!" Wrathpaw jumps, a startled rabbit caught within a fox's den. But just as quickly, he whirls around with a smile as big as his drooping ears. "Ohmystarclan- you're okay!" Although her bared teeth and lashing tail aren't easy to ignore, Wrathpaw can't find it in himself to feel anything besides relief. As she steps forward in a stalk, he meets her stride with a bounce in his own, grinning as he closes the distance between them. He looks her over as best he can in the gloom, searching her head for any remaining bumps or bruises. "oh boy, I was so worried..." he sighed, voice soft, spoken mostly to himself. If Fallowpaw had gotten seriously injured while he had ran...man, Ratty doubted he could ever forgive himself.

"oh! Your nest, right - look! look!" with a slap of his thick tail, he gestured excitedly to Fallowpaw's bedding. "I know, I'm so sorry, I should've asked for your permission first!" Perhaps that was why she was mad? Slapping his paws together in a gesture of apology, the boy babbles, "Its just - I thought you could use something comfy, and I had some extra time and - well, if you don't like the feathers or the flowers, Ill give you my nest! But - but! Try it first! Let me know what you think! Please?" his deep blue eyes sparkle, wide and pleading.

"I won't bother you after this, I promise! I just...I...I want you to sleep okay. You did so much for the clan and..." he sighs, pawing at the nest with a pained expression, "I...I want to thank you...since the clan..." won't he thinks, squeezing his eyes in a futile attempt to block out the resentment in his chest.

• GENERAL:
    Wrathkit
    DMAB— He/Him
    6 moons — Ages 1 moon every month real-time
    Brother to Lovelight, Joywing, Giggle-
    Thunderclan — Kit
    Mentored by Wildheart

COMBAT:
    Physically easy | mentally easy
    Attack in bold #4a59ff
    injuries: None currently