private DEVIL'S BACKBONE ⁺˖⋆ raccoonstripe

⋆˖⁺‧₊☽◯☾₊‧⁺˖⋆ word travelled fast around thunderclan's camp. even if she had been asleep when the patrol returned, gentlestorm returning with two injured clanmates had been enough for her to stir. the pine scent that hung softly to their fur piqued her interest.

nightbird heard snippets, noticed how her friend's pale fur rippled with tight leashed anger. skyclaw and fallowpaw were not regarded with his familiar warm tone. her mate's name echoed through camp in whispered conversation as warriors walked past gentlestorm's den. they were not quiet enough.

she hated not knowing fully, one could not form an opinion based on spliced word of mouth. despite that, her temper simmered. skyclan had graciously lended a knowledgable medicine cat, they were thunderclan's longest standing friend. orangestar was a respectable figure, surely not a molly to be trifled with. so why was she hearing that racconstripe had gone and done just that?

fortunately, she would not be left with one eye in the dark for long. the subject of thunderclan's latest gossip stood before her now. nightbird shifted in her temporary nest until she sat, cautious not to disturb gentlestorm's carefully placed dressings. "i was beginning to wonder when i would see you. your name has clung to everyone's tongue with more will than a stubborn tick." nightbird hums, curious, near tentative as result of her contemplative state. she knows this is not something he would have done if he did not feel it necessary, but thunderclan had more dignity than to stoop so low. hunting on another's territory was the most blatant sign of weakness, something riverclan would gladly exploit in return for sunningrocks. that is, if orangestar did not come to collect their pelts first. regardless, what was done is done. nightbird would hear his side before passing her judgement. "is what they are saying true?"
  • ooc ↛ @RACCOONSTRIPE
  • BvsNLyD.png
  • NIGHTBIRD she/her, lead warrior of thunderclan, 32 ☾'s
    a small black smoke molly with a white paw and pale silver eyes. she is known best for agile paws, a quick wit, and putting thunderclan's wellbeing above all else.
    mate to raccoonstripe / / mentor to none
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / / underline and tag when attacking ↛ see battle info here
    penned by vayle@vayl3 on discord, feel free to dm for plots.

Last edited:
Raccoonstripe breaches Gentlestorm’s den, careful to avoid any petulant stares. His dark gaze is locked on Nightbird, curled inside her makeshift nest still. He nears her on trepidatious paws, a SkyClan robin hanging from his jaws. He deposits the kill on the periphery of her nest and meets her silver gaze. He longs to bury his face into her fur, but the dressings are still stiff with poultices; Gentlestorm’s herb-scent clings to her more than her warm, familiar scent does. He puts his white forepaw on the robin and sighs as she questions him. “I’m a popular tom, what can I say,” he mews, but there’s little humor in his tone.

“Is what they are saying true?” Raccoonstripe loses himself, for a moment, in the shining stars of her eyes, but already he sees judgment crystallizing there. “Depends on what they are saying. But if you’ve heard that I led a hunting patrol to SkyClan territory, then yes, I did.” He lifts his paw, exposing the robin he’d brought her for dinner.

He knows she’ll want an explanation, but something unhurried glues his tongue to the roof of his mouth. It’s not shame, but—but it’s something he doesn’t like, something fuzzy, like it grows beneath an unturned stone. “Our fresh-kill pile is thin. Our best hunters are either in the nursery or here,” he gestures toward her with his muzzle. “Howlingstar has allowed countless orphaned kits to sequester themselves in our camp. We are overrun with mouths to feed, and our warriors are overworked and underfed.” His eyes gleam with something unreadable. “SkyClan is our friend—and as I suspected, there was only a little bloodshed. They are not known for defending their borders. I could have risked my patrol across a Thunderpath, or I could have sent them into the river, but I took my chances with kittypets instead.

It’s the most he’s said on the topic to anyone—and it’s the closest thing to the truth he can utter. For Nightbird, he will be true.

• ooc:
  • 74327127_amPwOaY4eGaGkj8.png
  • Raccoon . Raccoonstripe, he/him w/ masculine terms.
    — “speech”, thoughts, attack
    — 37 moons old, ages realistically on the 5th.
    — mentored by n/a ; mentoring Thistlepaw ; previously mentored Wildheart, Moonwhisper
    — thunderclan lead warrior. gray wolf x howlingstar, gen 2.
    — currently mated to Nightbird.
    — penned by Marquette.

lh black tabby with white and dark brown eyes. charismatic, charming, calculating, ambitious, shallow, manipulative.