camp DID I MISS OUT? // jealousy

Scarletpaw

atelophobia.
Mar 19, 2024
// takes place during this thread

She had watched Flamewhisker's litter leave with the clan leader, joined by Raccoonstripe and a few other warriors. She knows they're going for something important. She knows they are visiting the grave of their father. But still, the kitten can't help but pout as she sits near the nursery and just stares at the camp entrance. It's really not fair, the more she thinks about it! Why did Howlingstar let them leave camp but none of the other kits? Shouldn't they all get a chance, too, so they can all be even? She wants to see the outside world just as badly, but instead she's stuck in here.

The tortoiseshell's bottom lip puckers out and she mutters to whoever's next to her, "Why don't we get to go on a trip out of camp, too?" Now, Scorchedkit and Sunkit and the others will have an unfair advantage! She doesn't think about the fact they're older anyway...She just thinks about how badly she wishes to poke her head outside and take a look around. How badly she wants to go on a walk outside of camp with the leader, deputy, and a lead warrior. It's not fair.

*+:。.。 Wrathpaw remembers feeling the same twinge of envy watching cats come and go from the camp entrance. He'd wanted so badly to just have a glimpse of what lay behind the protective camp walls, he'd thought he'd give anything for a chance to see! Being an apprentice he discovered that his excitement hadn't been unwarranted - the beauty outside of camp was breathtaking! The giant trees, the endless hills, the wildlife, and the plant-life that colored the world in such unique colors! Wrathpaw couldn't blame her jealousy for even a second.

" Aww Scarletkit, don't worry! Your kittenhood will be over before you know it!" he coos, padding over on awkward adolescent legs. It felt strange comforting someone only a few moons younger than him, in a position he felt he'd been in almost like it'd been yesterday. "Besides, they're not going to go far, I promise! " he offers, before nervously shifting his paws one on top of the other, "and - um- I don't think they're gonna have as much fun as you think they will..." Whatever miraculous sights they see of the forest doubts will outshine the weighty goal of the trip's mission. Wrathpaw shivers, glad to say none in his family rests where Flywhisker is.

"Oh but - hey! What if I bring you a cool souvenier from the farthest part of the territory when I go on patrol tomorrow? Then you'll have something that's been farther than any of Flamewhisker's kits could've traveled, huh? Would that help?" he asks, eyes bright and hoping that he'll succeed in cheering Scarletkit up.

• GENERAL:
    Wrathkit
    DMAB— He/Him
    6 moons — Ages 1 moon every month real-time
    Brother to Lovelight, Joywing, Giggle-
    Thunderclan — Kit
    Mentored by Wildheart

COMBAT:
    Physically easy | mentally easy
    Attack in bold #4a59ff
    injuries: None currently