private Different Beast || Skyclaw

Yewflame!

Bad Apple
Apr 20, 2024

So let's pretend we like each other

He had noticed a slight shift in the atmosphere, how some of the warriors who werent so keen on kitty-pets or outsiders alike hanging out with the half-blood. She heard the words of the other but only took it like a blade of grass that was relentlessly stepped on by others. How can one have so much hatred for what they are? They could not understand in the slighest. Skyclaw may be the kin of Howlingstar but that by no means made him any more superior than she, in fact he was below her, as he was half-clan, half-blooded. Skyclan and Thunderclan blood ran through him, perhaps he would have fitted much better there than within the walls of Thunderclan, yet here he was and they were not blind to the face that he was befriending those with anti-kitty pet ideals, yet Yewflame saw no reason to befriend the other.

"Tell me half-blood, do you hate yourself? After all you surround yourself with those who hates the likes of you, a kitty-pet blooded cat. You may have been clanborn but your heritage speaks for itself" he stated coolly as he approached the other, settling next to Skyclaw while lifting a paw to the sky to admire it with her blue-brown eyes, boredom dance in them before she looked to him. "How would I know to trust you in battle if all I can imagine is you crying to Skyclan when or if things get tough, hm? Tell me what makes you trustworthy" he said smoothly before placing his lifted paw back on the ground, eyes coldly onto the other, he needed to know if he truly could trust the other or if the other would see fit to run from battle.
"speak""Thoughts"

@skyclaw

Skyclaw cannot claim to be liked. He is not often friendly and more recently, he has found himself in circles of cats that are often ridiculed. He is in the minority, being constantly admonished for having opinions that are right. The tom cannot fathom why any forestborn cat wouldn't be upset that those who were willing to take food from a twoleg's furless paw would rather suffer through hardship and struggle - nor risk the mere fact that they can leave any moment! True ThunderClanners know better. He knows better.

Skyclaw does not expect Yewflame to sit so close to him, much less yammer on about his lineage. His skin itches at the mere reminder, his blood boils as if it is trying to sanitize itself. "My life is due to a mistake on my mother's part," he says, cleanly. "I do not begrudge her however I am not blind to the fact that my very existence detests a code-law placed by the folly of my own kin. I am not blind to my own hypocrisy, Yewflame. I assure you that," the mottled tom holds a growl to his tone.

"Blazestar's blood runs through my veins just as it did through my teeth," he spits, eyebrows furrowing. "My claws have marred SkyClan warriors and apprentices alike. In what world would I turn to them for asylum or housing?"​