sensitive topics do you ever think of me and my two hands // confrontation; p.

NEVER REALLY UNDERSTOOD
THEY WAY YOU LAID YOUR EYES ON ME
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
siltcloud & 19 moons & female & she/her & shadowclan exile
F0-C6-AA43-5-DD3-4-CB5-82-EE-9-D7-D19-E37-B57.png
The moment paws touch the thunderpath, Siltcloud makes her move. The rabid dogs of shadowclan have ended their relentless persuit by now - or maybe, they're still there just behind them. Watching them with cold eyes, disappointed in their failure - because they're still standing.

Pawsteps pick up their pace, the sound muffled by the tar paved path underpaw. She moves in single minded motion - she's been waiting for this sine the moment she'd heard that name from his mouth. She hopes he won't notice as she closes the gap. Hopes he'll brush it off - think she's just scrambling to catch up, to join him. Won't notice the venom dripping from her until it's too late, like a serpant posed to strike from the undergrowth.

She leaps, smaller frame aiming to use her momentum and his bloodied state to her advantage. A feral snarl crosses her lips, green eyes flashing violently in the low light as teeth and claws scramble for purchase - she doesn't care where, she wants him to hurt.

" "Why? Why her? Poppypaw- she knew nothing - you know well she knew nothing!" " she should've seen it coming. She'd known the way her brother thought of poppypaw, seen the was he'd looked at her. She'd thought her intervention had been enough, thought she'd managed to soothe granitepelts ruffled feathers before her friend ended up like ghostpaw.

She'd been wrong - she should've known better. Tears fall down her cheeks, as she vents every last bit of pain, of hurt, of betrayal - every negative emotion that's been bubbling up inside since the moment chilledstar had returned with the kits in tow comes pouring out of her in that moment.

" You- you let me think it was my fault! You comforted me! " she wonders absently, if this is how lilacfur and starlingheart must have felt. The hypocrisy of the moment, the karma of it all, smacks her across the face so suddenly that she actually stumbles away from him, a choked noise leaving her lips. She can't tell if its a laugh or a cry. Maybe it's both.

Blood drips across the ground as she spits at her brothers feet, glare upon her features. " Why did it have to be her? " tail lashes angrily as she bristles - waiting for an answer. She doesn't know anymore what she wants to hear, what she expects. Maybe she simply wishes it not to be true - but she knows he'd never lie, not about that. He'd betrayed her. Just like the rest.

actions & " speech, " & 'thoughts/quotes'
A N D S O I T S E E M S I B R O K E Y O U R H E A R T
@GRANITEPELT

A hush has fallen over Granitepelt and Siltcloud, long after the baying of bloodhounds has ceased. He does not expect his littermate to turn her claws on him—when she does, he flies back, wincing at the injuries her claws draw across his chest. New blood begins to spill, careening to join the crimson gel of his older wounds. He stares at her dubiously for a moment. “Poppypaw?” Siltcloud’s lips are pulled way back from her teeth, her gums gleaming in the limited light. The dull cast has been shed from her green eyes—that glow like some beetle’s wing, iridescent.

You mistake me. I had no plans to kill Poppypaw,” he hisses, drawing himself up. “That little fool… she knew better than to mock me, and she paid for it!” His own dark eyes shine with violent memories. He stalks toward his sister, his tail beginning to lash desperately behind him. His injuries make every movement a painful one, but he persists in his rage. “Poppypaw couldn’t make it up the tree. If I had helped her, she might be alive, but I didn’t. I didn’t push her into the bear’s mouth… I just didn’t help her get away.

Siltcloud may be able to tell Granitepelt thinks little of this crime, as though violence through inaction is not violence at all. Pitchstar, Ghostpaw, Tornadopaw—they had trashed, they had fought for breath, for life—but Poppypaw had merely… slipped. That’s all. “What did that little rat mean to you, for you to draw your claws against your own kin?" Bitterness drips like poisonous berries from his lips.

, ”