pafp doctor strange | bringing "herbs"

Plaguepaw

biohazard
May 3, 2023
I've been trying not to
With sickness increasing by the day, Plaguepaw noticed their Dawn kissed medic and his protege working extra hard to keep ill clanmates comfortable. He could only assume such an arduous task would burn a hole right through their herb stock. He stepped foot into the medicine den once before as a kit. Peeking at strange leaves and flowers that are of some important use. So, after feeling convicted to help in some way, the patchy tom returns with his head held high. A thick mixture of verdant grass, tree leaves, and random flowers lay densely clogged between ivory fangs. While ragged roots and dirt still clung in some spots from being forcibly uprooted. If not for his long legs, Plaguepaw was sure the foliage would have been dragging against the forest floor by now. His jaw was becoming stiff after all his foraging after all.

Turquoise eyes shine brightly as he trots closer to the bushy entrance. Oh, how Dawnglare would praise him for such a selfless gift. The thought alone was enough to tease a grizzled purr from his collared throat. Taking a moment to glance at those resting within sickbeds, he decided it would be best not to walk inside the cramped space. Parting blackened jaws, Plaguepaw allowed the horrid pile of plants and weeds thud against the ground. "Dawnglare!" The patchy rapscallion trilled with a delighted curl of his forked tail. Immediately his features twist into a frown, flicking his tongue in and out to dislodge a blade of grass plastered against it, to no avail. Lifting a paw he scrapes the icky green thing off his tongue, flicking his wrist where it flies and lands on some poor unfortunate soul. "I brought you some medicine stuff! " He continues as if never missing a beat. (@DAWNGLARE )
Go off the deep end

His days are arduous enough without the source of all – well, most – of his toils appearing at his den. With the revelation of a cure, his supply of such steeply drops without much dally. There is little time for him to smile upon the subjects of recovery when further - spread is far from out of the question, especially when disasters child perches before those on death’s bed.

For once, Dawnglare surges forward, rather than shying away, if only so though the ugly thing could not bring the touch of death upon those already suffering. Apparently, his appearance is convenient to his summoning. If this were a trap to taint his holy soul, so be it. His patients would sleep as peacefully as they could manage with their souls still intact. Disgustingly, they flick a green leech from their tooth, to which Dawnglare would flinch, ruff along his neck flaring to twice its height.

" Do you think me a fool, Deathbringer? " He leers at the apprentice with eyes alight. " Do you think I would absolve you of your debt in exchange for this nonsense, or do you only seek to mock me? " The childishness of his words is only to hide what he is – that is: otherworldly scourge. He knows more of this world than others would ever dream; knows of the parasites that he plucks from Her skin and offers on a platter. " Would you dig up all of Her surface, you would be doing the world a great deed. Of course, that is much too bettering of you. Have you poisoned this, too? "

• OOC: dawnglare be normal challenge
  • 66822083_8akGM16AUReCLf3.png
  • ( 𝙒𝙃𝙔'𝘿 𝙄𝙏 𝙏𝘼𝙆𝙀 𝙎𝙊 𝙇𝙊𝙉𝙂? ) DAWNGLARE Medicine Cat of SkyClan. Mentoring Fireflypaw
    —— He / him , deeply confused by the use of other pronouns
    —— Currently 55 moons old. Mated to Mallowlark

Unsettling and strange, Dawnglare bears a unique perception to the world and stars above on top of a generally unpleasant disposition. Holds others to uniquely impossible standards and himself undeniably above the rest.
    Currently in an era of questioning; upset and uncomfortable by things he should not be.​
    Mood is decided by dice - rolls per thread, with the exception of some important threads

It was very hard to understand how medicine cats worked and she would be forgiven for thinking them all eccentric and loud like Dawnglare given he made his presence quite known no matter the circumstances. When they first met she thought him the leader with how he had boisterously declared himself and welcomed her in, only to find he just liked to hear his own voice apparently and that the real leader was Blazestar.
This one did like to preen about with authority though and she found him absolutely hilarious to be around, though most her new clanmates didn't seem quite as impressed with Dawnglare as she was.
Hazel pokes her head into the den behind Plaguepaw, blue eyes wide and lit in delight to the bundle of foliage and dirty roots hanging from the scruffy young cat's maw as though he was growing vomitting the earth itself. The medicine cat dismissed the gifts but she was very interested, there was something to be gained here.
"Oh~? Do you not want these, Dawnglare? Can I have them then? I've seen...well, you know." She waves a paw in a circle about her head as if grasping for a thought before dismissing it entirely, "Very important stuff." Hazel's voice pitches into an assured chirp, very important stuff indeed; she liked flowers and the scent of newly dug holes, the acrid bitterness of green leaves. It was all very good in her opinion. "...I understand if you don't see it. Your eyes are..." She trails off again, smiling and offering a shrug.

I've been trying not to
The dawn hued doctor arrives fairly quickly, much to his delight. The starry eyed apprentice parts his maw to speak further, yet stops abruptly as Dawnglare speaks with sudden swiftness. His smile wavers to some degree, drooping slightly within the throes of his confusion. Deathbringer? Was that his future warrior name? He would have to tell Doompaw later. That sounded even better than Plaguepaw. However, his mind does not dawdle on the possibility of his namesake long. For it has become blatantly obvious to him that Dawnglare was becoming increasingly annoyed with his offering.

Turquoise eyes sweep over the gift of various weeds and other foliage, smile falling further. "Do you not like them? I-I can get you some different ones." Glee is washed from his face as he looks back up at the seething medic, blinking with shock as an accusation is hurled his way. "Poisioned?! No, no I would never do that señor." He has performed his fair share of tricks and pranks upon the poor denizens of skyclan but he would never stoop that low. Dark ears fall against his head in the wake of the healer's disappointment, skull ducking low. "I didn't mean to upset you, I'm sorry." He was a pitiful sight if there ever was one.

The excited trill of Hazelbeam's voice grasped his attention as she expressed her interest in the mixture of plants. "Well, he doesn't seem to like it and I have no use for them...so you can have them if you want." Plaguepaw voices with a shrug of his shoulders.
Go off the deep end