don't carry it all [ shadowpaw ]

.°☀ AND IF IT EVER STARTS TO FEEL BAD, LITTLE FANG

They're practicing in camp when it happens. Back and forth between walking and running, shifting between a four-pawed walk to a three-pawed run. They think that they're starting to get the hang of it now, starting to get a bit better. The limp still dogs their gait, their run is still uneven and unsteady, but they're improving. They're pretty proud of it, even.

They're almost proud enough to ignore the familiar snickering that they hear.

That is, until they get a little too close to the source of the laughter, and there is suddenly a black and white paw sticking out into their path. They collide with it, tumbling over in a heap and collapsing in a tangle of limbs. The snickering only grows. "Whoops," comes a voice, devoid of any sympathy. Sunflowerpaw peers up from their new spot on the ground to see Badgerpaw moving in front of them. "Seems you really can't run at all, huh?" he leans down, leering over them. "Huh? Can you? C'mon, speak up, mousey. Can you?" There's a satisfied smirk on his face as he taunts them, thinking them an easy, defenseless target. They'll stand up for Whitepaw, sure, but now they're on their own. Anger and shame burn in Sunflowerpaw's chest as they stare up into his sneering face.

IT'S EASY TO EXPLAIN 'CAUSE THIS WORLD'S NOT TAME .°☀

• // @SHADOWPAW
  • SUNFLOWERPAW named by their half-brother vulturemask after his friend and mentor.
    — they/them, 5 moons.
    — windclan apprentice, mentored by wolfsong.
    — reserved yet loyal, distrusts most.
    — mild limp.

primary character, high activity. penned by saturnid.​
  • 64267309_IEuvGOmxnhCCLcz.png

\╱╲I SEE A RED DOOR & I WANT IT PAINTED BLACK╱╲/
Shadowpaw had been watching his sibling from a distance, taking pride in how they were adapting to life with their now ageing injury. It took a lot of courage and work, that was for sure, and if the roles had been reversed he wasn't sure he would have been capable of achieving such a feat of bouncing back. Sunflowerpaw was truly something in his eyes.

So when another apprentice dared to interrupt his sibling's efforts in such a cruel manner it made something snap in Shadowpaw. Instinctively his lips curled back into that of a snarl as he raced over to confront Badgerpaw with bristling black fur. "Oi! How about you run along before I break your legs! Bet we'd all get a laugh from watching you struggle!" He snapped with a throaty growl as he aimed to stand between Badgerpaw and Sunflowerpaw.

NO COLOURS ANYMORE I WANT THEM TO TURN BLACK
╲╱╲╱╲╱