private don't take me tongue-tied | raggedpaw

Mar 30, 2023
When the moon rises, Orchidpaw is normally asleep. Training with Forestshade has taken up most of their waking time, with the exception of eating. Tonight, though, she lays beneath the stars in a quiet camp, trying her best to think of ways she could do better.

They've been doing their best to make a lot of change recently, before they're deemed worthy of their warrior name, which they're sure Forestshade would deem them ready of here soon... Not like you're already failing, Orchid, you're a late bloomer... Her heart ceases to beat for a second at this thought, their breath hitching in their throat as their mind begins to fly through certain thoughts.

Raggedpaw would be disappointed. He wouldn't... right?

She decides to double check and thus she returns back to the apprentice den, to the familiar figure of her best friend, to the rock shes known all her life, to the one cat who manages to calm her down. As she watches the rise and fall of his chest, fear begins to melt away. It'll all be okay. They'll spend time together just like they used to tonight. Thats the plan. We'll go on a walk, and we'll look at the stars, and things will allll be okay.

Because everything is always okay around Raggedpaw.

She resists a silly yet panicked-filled giggle as she prods his sleeping (potentially, Orchidpaw couldnt tell in the darkness of the apprentice den) form. "R-Ruh-Ragge-Raggedpaw!" she stumbles over her words in excitement, trying her best to keep her voice to a hushed shout. "Wake up, lets go f-for a walk." she swishes her tail back and forth as she waits for his stirring response.

• @RAGGEDPAW. LAME INTRO BUT THEEEEEM
  • ❝ i smile because i want to, i smile because you want to. ❞
    orchidkit, orchidpaw
    ❥ afab ,, she/they ,, 13 months
    ❥ apprentice of shadowclan ,, mentored by forestshade
    ❥ lanky yet fluffy cinnamon smoke she-cat with wide violet eyes
    ❥ "speech, d1afed" ,, thoughts
    ❥ bisexual ,, single
    ❥ smells like lilies and iris'

I CAN'T HANDLE REJECTION

raggedpaw was sleeping rather good. it took him a while, sure, but he finally had fallen asleep after a long day of training. he loved fighting, it was one of his favorite things to do, especially since his mentor pushed so so hard for him to be good at it. he was good at it. one day, he would be better than adderbite was and he would no longer have to fear the cat that ruined his face. ruined so much of his body. ruined him. it didn't matter all too much. raggedpaw still was as happy and kind as raggedkit had been. but he was still different. as he gently flicked his ears, the sound of an another apprentice approaching makes the older one blink his eyes open sleepily. oh, it's orchidpaw!

"he's up he's up."

he insists, pushing up in his nest, blinking a few good times with a loud yawn.

"huh? right now? what... time is it?"

he tries to shake the sleep from him before he just yawns again. he couldnt let her go by herself, now could he?

"okay, lets go then. he's missed just hanging out with you."

technically he knows that chilledstar, and everyone else on the feline's counsel, would be mad if they knew, but there was two of them. they werent going alone. they were going with each other. and besides, they were old enoufh to be warriors... even if they hadnt been yet. he stands go his paws, gently licking a misplaced fur on her cheek and gesturing for her to come along.