private DON'T THROW OUT MY LEGOS - smokestar & lichentail

Moonpaw had asked leader and deputy to visit her den when the sun began to set, cats getting ready to sleep for the night or already doing so making it an opportune moment to speak to the two without prying ears and without having to leave the proximity of the herb-filled den just in case something were to happen. The ivory apprentice feared that if she were to leave for too long Shellkit would wake in a coughing fit and somehow leave the den as she had only a few nights prior, and this time she might not be there to help her, Lichentail might not be there to help her, and so she had stressed the importance of the place where they now met.

When the two came near she looked to the two, maw opening then shutting for a quick moment as she gathered her thoughts the best she could before it found itself opening once more, words spilling out quietly so that she would not wake her two residents, "I believe - no I know - what ails Shellkit." She'd begin, words changing as she stressed that she knew this, that despite it being something that she had not encountered herself before that Ravensong had taught her what it was and though it had taken her longer than she had liked to diagnose it she left no room for argument. "She has whitecough, and it's getting worse. I'm doing my best to keep symptoms at bay but we don't have the cure in our territory." She wanted to get it out quickly, make a plan and see what the two thought to do so that they could help Shellkit now before it was too late.

• -- @SMOKESTAR @lichentail
  • 76563872_jZr368yA5Er3eOs.png
    MEDICINE CAT IN TRAINING;
    FLESH WOUNDS
    ꕥꕥ INFECTIONS
    ACHES & PAINS
    ꕥꕥꕥ ILLNESS
    ꕥꕥꕥ BREATHING ISSUES
    ꕥꕥꕥꕥ TRAVELING HERBS
    ꕥꕥꕥꕥ BROKEN BONES
    ꕥꕥ KITTING
    ꕥꕥꕥꕥ POISONS
  • 76807578_J7HAFb99CicY51c.png
    SH white masking cinnamon torbie w/orange eyes & small ears
    speaks softly & often found humming
    12 moons old; ages the 17th every month
    homosexual homoromantic ; interested in beepaw & redacted
    currently being mentored by ravensong
    easy to befriend/interact with ; hard to anger/upset
    "speech", thoughts, attacking
    easy in combat unless in water, focuses on defensive tactics
    peaceful powerplay allowed

1000004009-png.1568

✦ ˚  ✧ ˚ .˚ ✦  ✦
  • Whatever time or energy she might've had to groom down cowlicks and jutting reed-like tufts had drowned in that shallow water behind the medicine cat's den. Her elbows stick out awkwardly where she crouches like a bristling tangle of reeds, a crooked tail waving in fluttering agitation just above the dusty earth. Moonpaw's summoning was rarely ever casual... especially not when the audience consisted of those who walked nearest to StarClan.

If she is listening she does not give much indication, slit-narrow eyes burning holes somewhere into the den walls behind the alabaster molly that speaks in low, cautious tones. Cinders and embers sit like carefully tended coals in the recesses of her mind... playing the sound of rheumatic argument to stoke the flames over and over again.

A confession says that the mystery ends today. The nebulous tar that clings to her daughter's lungs so fervently is not some mystical plague like yellow-cough... but it is something they are woefully prepared to care for. She'll die then, is the only logical follow-up...

And it twists like thorns wrapping tighter around her shoulders and neck and chest. Two. She would be mother to two dead children now. "Thank you... for telling me." Her tone is flat despite the ever-present struggle to move between long stretches of words. An unsettling lack of emotion, a sign of complete internal reclusion.

"Who has it," she asks eventually but already resigned to the idea it wouldn't matter. WindClan and ThunderClan especially could not be trusted... and whatever flimsy friendship they'd had with SkyClan did not remain in tact still today.
  • about
    speech hex code ✧ #6368A5
    ooc notes ✦
    tagging ✶
    penned by tieirlys
  • ˚  ★⋆. ࿐࿔  ✦   .  .   ˚ .      . ✦     ˚     .
       .     ˚     *     ✦   .  .   ✦ ˚      ˚ .˚    ✦   .  .   ˚ .   ✦   .  .   ˚       ੈ✧˳·˖✶ ✦  ˚    ✦   .  .   ˚ ★⋆. ࿐࿔
       .     ˚     *     ✦   .  .   ✦ ˚      ˚ .˚    ✦   .  .   ˚ .             ✦