border double, double toil & trouble ★ joiner

————————————————————⊰★★★⊱———————————————————

Hazelbeam's life had changed a lot since joining SkyClan. She earned herself a younger sister of sorts when Edenpaw ended up abandoned and taken in by her two-leg, she apparently had enemies now which was unexpected but she rose to the challenge and now she had her actual sister living with her as well! The moment their twoleg left for one of her many trips she was dragging the cinnamon colored she-cat along with her and Edenpaw back to the clan.

If she had not spoken to Orangestar, if the meeting had not made clear the leader's demands and comforted her, she would not be doing this right now but Hazelbeam had faith in her leader and she had faith that things would eventually work out now that the entire clan was on the same level. Well, the ones whose opinions she valued were on the same level. She'd already made it a point to go to Johnnyflame and Greeneyes going forward with any concern she had and that was enough for now, in the meantime she was just going to resume her duties as normal with an addition to her little motley crew of kittypet warriors. Hazelbeam turned to make sure her companions were keeping up with her long strides, a smile on her maw as they grew ever closer to the SkyClan border where she flicked her tail to stop them from passing her.
"This is it! Edenpaw, would you run ahead and make sure a patrol is coming by?" While she trusted her sister well enough to not cause trouble, they did have to do this the right way otherwise it would give more fuel to the fire for those stinky toms to whine about and the black and blue molly was adamant on never allowing them to have an edge over her again. "Once a patrol arrives with hopefully a lead warrior or maybe even Twitchbolt or Orangestar themselves we can work on getting you settled!"
Hazelbeam wriggled in place and settled onto her haunches, "So, Spicy, your gonna be an apprentice and they'll give you a mentor to teach you the ropes! Just do your best and remember to leave your hat and bells in the camp."

• Tags - @spicepaw - & @edenpaw ?!

• 75204766_i8QXUtYv5cuKxDF.png
    Hazelbeam
    —⊰⋅ Daylight Warrior of SkyClan
    —⊰⋅ She/Her
    "SPEECH", 'THOUGHTS', ATTACK
    —⊰⋅ SH Black/Blue Chimera w/blue eyes
    - Does NOT wear her witch hat while hunting or on patrol.

The transition from one household to another hadn't been easy at first, admittedly. A new area to get used to, new housemates to live alongside - at least one was her sister and the other one was kind enough. She didn't mind having to share a space, though admittedly the new decorations she was adorned with did give her some pause. It's been a few weeks since then, and all the while she had watched her sister and Edenpaw escape to the woods for 'SkyClan.' An interesting concept, but every time Spice considered asking about it, a pit formed in her stomach and she shied away. After all, there were a few nights where the two came home, tense and frustrated.

And yet, here she is. The bees in her stomach are buzzing and she stands in close to Hazelbeam, watching as Edenpaw is sent off on their own. The freedom is tantilizing, certainly, but she doesn't wish to grasp it so quickly. Hazelbeam seemed so excited to bring her here, after nearly a month of waiting for her comfort and patience. Parts of Spice are excited, too, but her voice chokes up in her throat still.

"Tw- Twitchbolt, Orangestar...?" she breathes, stuttering only for a moment. She's heard their names in very brief lessons back at home. They're akin to Bianca, in a way - protectors, guidances. Overlords, demanding obedience and strength. She's scared of the very concept of them, but she doesn't hold the fear so readily. Spice merely smiles and nods, pushing the idle conversation on whilst they wait, "Do you, um - Do you know who might be my mentor?" Do they have rules for who can and can't mentor her? Would Orangestar pair her up with one of the few who detest her eventual existence? She grits her teeth together, "I just - I can't wait to show off my skills! I feel like I've been hunting since- since I could walk, really." A little braggadocious, but she doesn't want her sister to think her too scared to make an effort.​

𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊 〰 It was a little embarrassing, to be rejected by the Twoleg that had cared for you in the entirety of one's memory... lonely, when forced to consider that there wasn't an authentic 'family' to turn to. It wasn't like the SkyClanners who had been born and raised in that nursery, like their friends, like the little Fluffykit that they adored so much. Hard not to call it jealousy, a sour feeling that bubbled uncomfortably in the pit of the stomach; they tried not to give it the space in their head and shook it off most times. Couldn't manage that all times though... and it came back in an ugly way when Spice had shown up.

At first they'd been pretty resistant, clinging to Hazelbeam and slinking around corners with wary eyes... but it dissolved, quickly, when confronted with the lack of welcome for the daylighters. They needed to stand as a resolute ally to their fellows... and that included Spice now. Pressing their flank against the cinnamon swirls of their newer housemate, bright green gaze turned to look between the hatted mollies. "Don't worry Spicy! I'll be back real quick and we'll make sure this introduction goes off without a hitch," their purr is sincere, a slight, more insistent lean of reassurance before the bi-colored cat hares off to find a greater authority than their mentor.

Wouldn't take long, luckily... The patrols that wander this way are consistent and they are eager enough to put their tracking skills to good use. "Good morning! Miss Hazelbeam and I have brought a friend- a sister- to the border today," they announce, flicking a bobbed-tail excitedly before tilting their head back the way they came. "This way, this way!"

// no direct target intended, feel free to be whoever they're talking to !!​

Untitled419_20230710182642.png

HE SAID, "WELL MY NAME'S JOHNNY, AND IT MIGHT BE A SIN
BUT I'LL TAKE YOUR BET, AND YOU'RE GONNA REGRET, CUZ IM THE BEST THERE'S EVER BEEN."

There was a brief moment of alarm when Johnny caught sight of movement up ahead, but his keen eyes were quick to identify the light-furred feline s Edenpaw- and she didn't seem to be distressed. The tom let out a trill of greeting as the daylight apprentice neared, glad to see her in higher spirits, and his ears pricked forward in interest at her mention of Hazelbem bringing a new friend to the border.

"Is that so?" Johnny mused good naturedly. "Well it wouldn't be very nice to keep them waitin' then, would it?" he asked as he gestured for the apprentice to lead the way, dutifully following behind.

To be honest, Johnny had been worried about what the potential fallout of that last situation would be. The rift between daylight and fulltime warriors hadn't seemed to close any since he'd first joined, and while there were moments where he thought he might be making progress with Silversmoke, he still sometimes wondered what would happen if he or Slate or those like them were ever given those nine lives by Starclan.

Would a day come where Johnnyflame and the others were no longer welcome in the forest?

It was a terrifying thought, one that clawed canyons across his heart. As loyal as he was to his twolegs, Johnny could never go back to just being a kittypet. Skyclan had changed him in ways there was no going back on, and losing it would leave him with nothing more than a half-life.

He stuffed those worries away for later days when Hazelbeam and her sister came into view, and Johnny couldn't help the amused quirk of his brow as he noticed a witches hat not unlike Hazelbeams perched atop the newcomers head.

"Hello, Hazelbeam! How are the twolegs doin?" he greeted as he made his way over to join them. "Edenpaw tells me you've brought a new sister along- I take it this is her?" he asked, attention shifting back to the younger cat with a nod." Name's Johnnyflame, nice to meet you."

Untitled33_20230906192924.png

A friend, a sister- Twitchbolt had stared slack-jawed for a few moments. He was sure Hazelbeam was the type to have mentioned having a sister... the truth hurtled out of the blue, short-circuited him for a moment with its unexpectedness. He'd have to check if any other daylight warriors had hidden siblings that they might bring to their borders...

Still, Hazelbeam was a trusted daylight warrior, one of their most valued. He dressed himself with his friendliest look (though it still held a quiver of trepidation) as he approached. Despite the tension, he would never be one to turn daylight warriors away. He owed his life, his love, the very position he held within SkyClan to them and their expertise in contraptions Twitchbolt would never understand. Without daylight warriors, he would be trapped still in a cage, bruising his flesh against the bars- or he would be imprisoned in some Twoleg nest, far away from his home.

"Twitchbolt," he dipped his head, ear twitching, all the while unaware that he'd been mentioned only moments before. "Um- you're not gonna tell me about a thousand things that'll cause me bad luck like your sister does, are you...?" it was half a joke... and half genuine.
penned by pin ✧

Muted green eyes flick over towards the scent lines, spying the approaching cats shortly before she can see them. The knowledge of the eventual (inevitable) does not settle her nerves. Even with Edenpaw skirting them, their confidence and excitement evident on their scarred features, she feels as if she is wilting. There's a short instance of light at the end of the tunnel - Johnnyflame, a cat like them, a cat like her. He wears a collar and greets her kindly, but Spice awkwardly smiles and nods her greeting. Her mouth opens to speak, but her voice is lost.

Twitchbolt approaches, and the light dims until the metaphorical darkness consumes her. Oh. The tom is not physically intimidating, not by standards she feel she should fear at least, but his position alone within this Clan scares her. She swallows and watches him shake - no, vibrate. No, twitch. How unfortunate, she thinks. And for this cat to be so close to success (by her limited knowledge,) and still be plagued by... whatever plagues shivering bicolor cats like him - StarClan, she's shaking too.

"Wha - I -" he's spoken and she stumbles, every syllable a little more hoarse and a little more painful than the last. Her chest constricts and she sinks in closer to Hazelbeam, wondering just what her elder sister had gotten into whilst enjoying Clanlife. "No - no, no," she tries. "I, uh... I only know about a hundred. Aha...!" her attempt at being funny falls flat, at least to her, and she wishes she could shrink herself smaller. She pushes through, however. "I'm - well, Hazelbeam's sister. My name is Spice - Eden- Edenpaw says I'll be like them - like... uh, Spicepaw, I suppose. That is if... if you'll have... me..." There is no burst of confidence or cocky smile - her words sound rehearsed, but as they taper down she loses steam and simply waits for a verdict. ​