DOWN ON BOTH BAD KNEES ☀︎ GENTLESTORM

74050413_jPt0SpfsFU54Qvq.png
hail — gentlestorm was an easy soul to be with. the vices of life seem to lift minutely with that heavy rumble, the attentive way tired, soulful brown eyes glint tiredly in the dusk light. some cats had that way about them ; her father holds a similar heaviness about him. freckleflame had always wondered if it came with time, that aura of comfort and sloping shoulders, the expectancy of always being ready to bear a burden others could not. maybe it came with loss. she didn’t know. all the tortoiseshell did know was that finding what to say had always come with far too much difficulty for her. she was good for a comforting shoulder, her fur was certainly thick enough for her friends to cry into should they need it, but her tongue never seemed to cooperate. be it good, bad, embarrassing — all she could do is swipe a tongue over their ear and pray that was enough, lest she put her paw in her mouth somehow.

wandering thoughts ruminate where she tries along their rocky shore, keeping an eye out in the weed - sprouting crevices for feverfew — little white flowers, gentlestorm had said before they’d set out. a quick look.

spending time with gentlestorm wasn’t bad, though. she seen him less now that her.. wolfwind had been discharged. after the incident with their patrol and a nasty fox, she’d spent nearly enough time in he and berryheart’s way to be a patient herself, but the molly was doing just fine now, thanks to them. maybe it’s selflessness, she thinks suddenly. a too - encompassing urge to make everyone happy. to fix, inside and out. it makes him easy to talk to, easy to trust, to confide in and hope that things would be okay. she knew she’d done the same thing before wolfwind had woken, ” — but i can’t even take her out of camp ‘til she’s older. i don’t really feel like much of a mentor yet, i don’t even know if she even wants t’ listen to me anyway. cant even blame her, though.. i woulda thrown a fit if i was stuck in camp as a -paw. “ the molly had been prattling an idle confession already, soft and calm over the quiet hum of the nearby river. there is a brief pause, then ; she seems to think, reminisce. pale green hues drift upwards, fixing him with a curious look, ” speakin’ of.. you’ve really got a way with those siblings of fallowpaw’s, y’know? they seem a lot less frazzled around you, thank th’ stars. poor things flock to you like youre their mother. “ teasing, high and light as eyes move back towards the jutting edges of sunningrocks. maybe it was a born thing. maybe, some cats were more inclined for this sort of thing.

ffewnj.png
  • i. @GENTLESTORM PUNTS THIS AT U

• Untitled262_20231202152333.png

• FRECKLEFLAME 𖦹 . LESBIAN, SINGLE. SMELLS LIKE SUN - WARMED OAK AND RICH, EARTHY MUSK. EIGHTEEN MOONS OLD. FRIEND & SISTER TO MANY! NAMED A WARRIOR OF THUNDERCLAN ON 8 / 3 / 2023. MENTORING COUGARPAW! PENNED BY ANTLERS --------------------------------------------
    74050405_3z3TRmotTItEoMt.png
    f. she / her, daughter of sunfreckle and rabbitnose. large, fluffy cream - ribboned tortoiseshell with seaglass eyes. larger than life! each and every part of her is broad ; wide in everything from her face to shoulders to her feathered tail, something reminiscent of her father’s kittypet heritage in the square of her chin and hulk of her figure. she appears illusionarily fluff - ridden at first, thickly pelted in shades of fire and soot, long & tangled, knotted with undergrowth — seeming soft and pudgy, and she is.. that figure curving into hard, hidden bulk along heavyset flanks and well - muscled limbs. a characteristic lack of personal space leads her to a slouching, touchy posture, often inclined to lean or bump against her peers.
    prone to bouts of explosive emotion. all opinions are solely in - character and during these times, often untrue or said only in anger.

hail_bloom_banner.png

'CAUSE SOMEWHERE DOWN THE BANK — Freckleflame had been kind enough to assist him in his searh for herbs, the grey tom being rather observant of their surroundings and trying to avoid the larger wildlife that had seemed to invade the usually lush forest that is Thunderclan's home. He doesn't mind their prescene despite the small feeling of unease in his gut recalling how Sandthorn had been trampled by one of these creatures and the last thing he had wished to do was startle any of them so Gentlestorm found it easiest to walk the other direction opposite of the cervine. His feather tipped ears twitch and snowy paws crush the snow beneath though he pauses when he hears Freckleflame parting her jaws to speak, a smile forming itself on his own maw with his dark caramel gaze turning in her direction to show that he's listening. "I'm sure a lot of the apprentices have thrown a fit over this new law even outside of Thunderclan, I'm sure they're not pleased but... It's for the best," Gentle says thinking of the unhappy young cats that were forced to stay in camp, train, and carry out chores to pass the time. He understands them in a way but they'll get over it or so he hopes, Gentlestorm didn't want any other young cats getting hurt at such a young age and they were much safer within camp than out here. "I bet Cougarpaw will simply be excited about getting out and it'll prove a challenge at first but I'm sure if anyone will get the hang of it, it'll be you." He reassures her in a warm tone and he truly means it, Freckleflame had this bright and energetic vibe to her that would make her liked by her apprentices... Unfortunately, the same could not be said for Mousenose who needed to work more on patience and less time squabbling over small things like toms. Even so, Gentlestorm has faith in the molly and it would just take time.

An amused snort leaves him when the other mentions how Fallowpaw's siblings flocked to him like kittens would with their mother and it makes him think for a heartbeat. Would he had been a good mother? Perhaps in his past life, he had been a caring queen with kittens of his own though these are not thoughts that he entertains for long considering he had taken the starlit offer cast to him by Berryheart moons ago. His duty is to be the healer of Thunderclan not a mother nor father, it's disheartening though the care of his clanmates was most important to him now than ever. A single thought soothed him... The clan was his kit and his to take care of, ridding the pain that blossomed from injury, and providing comfort where it is needed. It takes him a heartbeat to realize that he had been wuiet for a long moment before he clears his throat and playfully shoulders the molly bearing a grin of his own "This is the third time you accuse me of being a queen," He huffs playfully as mist surrounds his jaws whilst he speaks, "Though I'm glad that they can find comfort in me especially with so many new faces to get accustomed to. It makes my task from Starclan a lot easier." Caring for individuals had come quite naturally to him... From his own younger littermates, his friends, and clan. It's easy as breathing is what he would say if Freckleflame asked him.

bloombottom.png

• MEDICINE CAT IN TRAINING;
    ✿✿✿✿✿ FLESH WOUNDS
    ✿✿✿❀❀ INFECTIONS
    ✿✿✿❀❀ ACHES & PAINS
    ✿✿✿❀❀ ILLNESS
    ✿✿❀❀❀ BREATHING ISSUES
    ✿❀❀❀❀ TRAVELING HERBS
    ✿❀❀❀❀ BROKEN BONES
    ❀❀❀❀❀ KITTING
    ❀❀❀❀❀ POISONS
  • hail.png
    a longhaired blue sepia tom w/low white and brown eyes
    gentle is a very warm individual and friendly to those who he meets, he's very social and willing to lend anyone a paw if they need it. he's very patient, caring, and it's usually rare to earn his ire.
    52 moons old; ages the 27th every month
    widowed/not interested; mated to little wolf
    easy to befriend/interact with ; hard to anger/upset
    "speech", thoughts, attacking
    peaceful powerplay allowed