camp down to the devil — near death experiences

DUSKPOOL

fate leads the willing and drags the unwilling
Feb 18, 2023
don't raise your voice . improve your argument .
︶꒦꒷♡꒷꒦︶
A loud, uncharacteristic laugh bubbled like cracklin’ thunder rollin’ angrily, soundin’ rugged and downright outlandish for a deadpan tom like himself. What in Stars is she talkin’ about? “Come again, kiddo?” Starin’ at Florabreeze with creased brows, mangled ears swivelin’ in disbelief. He knew what she said, but that didn’t stop the surprise from flashin’ briefly across rugged features, moldin’ into somethin’ rueful with a loud, quiverin’ snort, scarred lips curlin’ upward into a half-hearted smirk.

“Well—” He grunted, wooly plumage curlin’ around a bulky frame, settlin’ further into his haunches. “Seems like ya got me there, kiddo.” He mused, sweepin’ a languid gaze across the camp. “Hell if I know.” He grunted, starin’ at the warrior with narrowed molten hues. “Why the sudden curiosity, kid?”

If he wanted to, Duskpool could pull a dozen memories where he nearly kicked the bucket, but he ain’t too willin’ to share that information, but it ain’t got to show for the times he nearly died while bein’ a SkyClanner.

Wincin’ at the thought, Duskpool exhaled slowly, whiskers quiverin’ in muffled mirth. “Not sure I wanna know.” He muttered, brows creased at the outlandish question. Of all the things ya could have asked kiddo, why the hell did ya pick that one? It brought a flutter of emotions the older warrior hadn’t been keen on feelin’ this unbearable afternoon, but color him surprised when the molly came wanderin’ to ask.

More than I wanna admit. But Duskpool ain’t gonna say that out loud; over his damn body.

/ tagging @Florabreeze for flavor text
thought speech

“How many times have you nearly died?” She finds herself asking as her sweeping gaze rolls over Duskpool. Taking inventory of the scars and marks that have adorned his body, acting like his own personal life rings like one can find on a tree. This wasn’t a tree though, this was a friend and she realised very quickly that this was rather rude, her impulses getting the better of her once again. Before she could apologise for what she said or try to sideline it to be something else he seems to carry onwards with a smirk and a snort.

“I just didn’t know if anyone had asked before” she explains, as much as she wanted to shrivel up and mumble she couldn’t set that precedent. Speaking with her usual boisterousness instead though it was clear there was regret in her eyes. The maine coon tried to think about what she could say to try and turn this around but it seemed the subject wasn’t going to change at any point. “No ranking of moments then?” She finds herself asking with a chuckle in an attempt to lighten the mood. “What matters is that you’re still here, right? So keep making it near deaths.” With all the death going around lately she knew that every day could turn into a tragedy, she’d like the change of pace of a near tragedy instead.

• FLORABREEZE 𖧧 She/her, Daylight Warrior of SkyClan, 34 moons (ages on the 12th)
    A large black tabby maine coon with low white and bright green eyes, always wearing her mushroom print collar if she can.
    Mentored by Sorrelsong /Mentoring Jellypaw
    “Speech”, thoughts, attacking
    Penned by Juice ⏐ouijeejuice on discord {open to being dmed for plots}