camp DREAMLAND &. WISHING

Nov 5, 2022
Frogpaw thinks himself a mature creature. In the moons since the Great Battle, where his home had split into so many separate branches, Frogpaw has been consumed by change. It swept across him, and swept him right up too. There wasn't much time to be innocent. (That much hasn't really changed in this life.) Games were beyond him, his paws awkward in a game of mossball and his tongue clumsy when they played guess the warrior. Now that he had Snakeblink to teach him, there was no reason for such things. He spent his time in training, even when the tabby tom had no orders for him. (Or even when the orders were specifically do not do that, no I'm serious, Frogpaw you need to rest today. Snakeblink only knows what he's doing most of the time– that is not one of them.)

But even with his newfound duties, or his eternal disconnection from kittenhood, there are some things that he has never been able to shake from his beliefs. His mother, once, had laughed as she swatted one of the flowers. Delicate pieces of fluff floated into the sky, into his nose– he had sneezed, and she had laughed again as she told him about their usage. About how they carried our hopes and our dreams to the dead, and if we were very quiet and very kind, they might even help us along. He has been very quiet and very kind, he thinks. And it has been some while since he spoke to his mother.

Though he has not strayed far at all from the boundaries of camp, his moment of peace is not ruined by the cacophony of his clanmates. Their words are a shield, a protective bubble as Frogpaw sinks to his belly before the small cluster of dandelions, ready to burst into the air with the faintest of motions. It was a whole patch, but he would not be greedy. With his eyes gently closed, he reaches one large paw out to the stem and pushes. I want to help keep this from happening again, he pleads, and does not clarify further– the dead do not need to hear more when they know it all. Please take care of her.

When he opens his eyes again, his hopes are floating off towards the horizon, sinking lower along the river water. He is certain some fish will reach up and snatch them away, but that's okay. Youth and reality never seem to intertwine.
border2.png

• ooc: weird post bc i am half asleep?? weird wishing prompt thread for anyone who still needs it
  • frogpaw_finished.png
  • FROGPAW. APPRENTICE OF RIVERCLAN. EIGHT MONTHS OLD
    —— npc x npc, has several npc siblings. mentored by snakeblink.
    —— loyal to riverclan, but somewhat uncertain of his place there.
    —— unknown sexuality. single, not actively looking or interested.

a lanky, slender black smoke with low white and soft blue eyes. his ears are gently curled, and each paw has at least one extra toe, making them seem broader and larger than a typical cat's.
  • "speech"

• Love
Reactions: Snakeblink
4408701a7c091c6fdede647ba83a625f67147320.jpg

Today she's dazed from nightmares that had felt too, too real. She doesn't tell anybody, lets them draw whatever conclusions they want about her frazzled, ditzy, half-groomed state, fur sticking up at even odder ends than usual. Done patrol now (a very, very unsuccessful patrol), she strays absently in Frogpaw's direction, looking for a place to just — sit down. Maybe a sunny place. Yeah, maybe that's an idea.

She doesn't settle, too on edge, claws out and kneading dirt as she paces nearby. On a good day maybe she'd flop down right next to Frogpaw, maybe scare the skittish thing right out of his skin. Maybe. This isn't a good day. "Hi," she says, aware her eyes must be sort of glassy, her voice must be sort of off. Maybe he notices. Her gaze darts over the movement of the little white tufts, following their drifty little path. "What're you wishing for...?"

"Oh,"
she remembers. "Right. You aren't supposed to... say. Sorry." She remembers Lilybloom mentioning that, was it Lilybloom — ? She can never keep track these days. Her memory is just all over the place.

"Um... I'll make a wish too... I wish that," she takes a deep breath, blows on one of the flowers nearest, and remembers at the last second not to wish out loud. That I will be okay tomorrow. A selfish wish. She feels guilty. But it's only in her head. That's allowed, right?

Half the little tufts blow off; the rest stay stuck. She doesn't notice.

Moving on.

"You seem sad," she says to Frogpaw. "Here. I'll wish again. For your wish. Double wish power." She blows another dandelion. Make him happy, she wishes. Not exactly what she'd said it was, which is the trick, she thinks — and stars, she just wants the bad things to go away. She just wants everyone to get to feel better for once.

She wants to be — chipper about it but her voice sounds wrong even to herself, sounds kind of dead. Oh well. She tried her best.

—— " i found gold in the wreckage "
9e59d1d6280f842ca0769cf2794ac61dc0d38199.jpg

• ig it's weird post day bc i have no idea what this ashpaw post is supposed to be

• - 9 month old orange tabby with green eyes
    - apprenticed to lead warrior willowroot
    - crushing hard on iciclepaw
    - happy-go-lucky, mischievous, hardworking
    - very friendly, but defensive of riverclan!
    - got real fucked up as a kid so if she seems like she was fucked up as a kid, that's why
    - "speech"
  • - KICKED FOX ASS
    - she is on a JOURNEY

YOU CAN BE YOU - I CAN BE ME
oddpaw | 04 months | agender | they/them/it/its | physically easy | mentally medium | attack in bold #ffdb58
"Wish-?" comes the all to inquisitive voice of oddpaw - the child standing on hind legs in an imitation of a twoleg as it tries to peer over the tom of ashpaws head from its spot nearby. The white tufts that scatter about catch it's attention immediately - eyes round and wide and utterly mesmerized. Like tiny feathers fluttering about - or perhaps stars floating up into the sky to join starclan high up above. "Oddpaw will wish too!" they cheer, echoing ashpaws sentiments - eyes squeezed tight and nose scrunched up in a rather painful looking way. As they go to inhale a twitch of their nose gives way to a sharp sneeze - scattering the seeds unintentionally. "Oddpaw didn't get to wish," they say mournfully instead, staring at the now empty stalk.