oneshot dualism of mirrors } dream os

dreampaw

aka the Dark Warrior
Sep 1, 2023

⋆✦⋆
"Hahaha, that's a win in my opinion."

"But you lost."

"The Dark Warrior doesn't lose. I am simply preparing for my victory!"

It is stubbornness that shrouds his voice, going from a devious cackle to one that slammed doors in any argument's face. Sweat drips from his paws and everything feels hot. Leaf-fall was on the way in but greenleaf was all too happy to overstay its welcome some days. And it felt like every one of those days, he and Asterflame would always end up at Sandy Hollow.

They had been practicing nothing but battle moves for a half-moon.

Apparently, his mentor was not happy today. But then he had struck his mentor in the eye, claws accidentally unsheathed, and he'd been holding a paw to the wound grumbling and grimacing to himself for the last two spars. Dreampaw was eager to go again. He'd won the first round and now with Asterflame's win it meant they were tied for the day. He'd prove to him that he could win in totality by sunhigh.

But Asterflame didn't share these thoughts. Instead, he started a different kind of fight entirely. One of words.

It wasn't something Dream was good at. He was eloquent when it came to describing his amazing feats and powers as the Dark Warrior. His words would spin off his tongue when he felt what he was saying was all part of the show but when it came to navigating his or others emotions…it was hard. The Dark Warrior didn't have silly emotions like doubt or grief or anything that made life hard. Sometimes he struggled to keep all those silly emotions at bay like he did the shadows and nonbelievers. Arguments with friends were one thing the Dark Warrior just didn't like.

"Why can't you forget about the Dark Warrior shit and be a normal apprentice for once? You need a better strategy."

It comes unexpectedly and his smile fades like the moon did when dawn came. Asterflame must have been mad. His fury was something of the past, supposedly, but it did earn his warrior name as a young cat. Was he angry because I hit him? The thought makes his own anger creep along his already beginning to bristle fur. Did he not believe in me?

"You've got to stop with the kit nicknames. By leaf-bare you'll be old enough to be a warrior. And warriors don't play kit games. How can I assure Howlingstar you'll be ready when you still brag about nonsense?"

Asterflame was supposed to be different. He thought he had showed him enough of himself to him that he'd be on his side. Was that a mistake?

He is not having it. For a moment he wonders if he's going to have to fight back tears but it is a cold anger that settles in his stomach, in his blood, and in his eyes. He welcomes the feeling. It gives him strength to speak. The Dark Warrior wouldn't have cried so he is glad he doesn't now.

"Say it again."

The wind rustles the tree branches and somewhere a bird calls.

"Say it again! Say it to my face…because I am the Dark Warrior. I'm not going anywhere. Haven't I done well? I can hunt by myself and you know how I can fight," his gaze lingers at the wound above Asterflame's right eye and former guilt transforms into sadistic appreciation for what he'd done, "Maybe instead of wondering what others are thinking you should—you should be proud of me?"

His mentor opens his mouth as if to speak but when he closes it again and turns on his paws, Dream gets the feeling the conversation is over.

"I'm going hunting, alone. Go back to camp, Dreampaw."

Somehow he feels like he did lose… Which wouldn't be possible because he was the Dark Warrior but he also wasn't sure he felt like reminding even himself about that right now.

Ears dropping downward, he watches the red and white tabby form drift away into the forest undergrowth. Then he stomps away himself, pawsteps increasing in speed until he vanishes like a ghost.

• name ▹ Dreampaw
    gender ▹ trans ftm + he/him
    age ▹ 9 moons
    ages real-time on the 1st of every month.
    sexuality ▹ pansexual

clan ▹ Thunderclan
    rank ▹ apprentice

created on ▹ September 1st
    penned by ▹ yamitisane

• short description ▹ lithe, short tortoiseshell tom with hazel eyes.

physique ▹ delicate, smaller than average height, stature lends easily to agile feats
    notable features ▹ a strong menacing gaze
    eye details ▹ hazel eyes

• traits ▹ confident, creative, genius, delusional, impulsive, prankster, dramatic, mischievous, prideful, antagonistic, sadistic, awkward, likes to play the villain, adorably the chuunibyou archetype (evil eye variant), seems egotistical but it's mostly for show because he doesn't mind putting his friends and clanmates first, speaks in third-person person often, likes to eat

personality ▹

The self-proclaimed 'Dark Warrior,' Dreampaw is mischievous and proud of his power. He appreciates a good prank or joke and has earned himself disapproval from his peers for his fondness of causing trouble. He's easily excited and makes decisions on a whim, often driven forward by his impulsive nature. Although he hates losing, he sees every defeat as 'preparation for victory,' and waits patiently for opportunities to present themselves.

Despite the title he gives himself, Dreampaw isn't as sinister as he claims to be. Rather, he's simply an eccentric and somewhat socially awkward youth with a taste for theatrics. Even so, he knows how to portray an intimidating persona that, combined with his impressive natural skills and thirst for power, help make him live up to his self-appointed title.

• generation ▹ gen 1
    status ▹ single / crushing on: gingerpaw

parents ▹ npc x npc
    offspring ▹ n/a

mentor ▹ Asterflame (npc, red and high white tabby tom with van markings; focused, tolerant and worried in regards to dreampaw)
    apprentice(s) ▹ n/a

friends ▹ gingerpaw
    enemies▹ n/a

• interaction notes ▹ willing fighter / shows no mercy / not always the most calculated but has a strong spirit and is fully confident he can succeed in nearly any encounter even when all the odds say otherwise / daring but also plays smart when he has prior knowledge on a certain opponent or challenge / persistent / strikes to kill or disable in real battles with a cold-blooded lack of hesitation / has no issue fighting dirty, inflicting fear upon opponents, being cruel, killing, or interfering with others' battles

adept at ▹ quick on feet but only for short distances, very agile in his moves, can climb well, not often discouraged and not often does he break his personal facade
    inept at ▹ staying focused, keeping track of time, skills that require brute strength such as carrying many things at once or heavy objects etc, expressing thanks

stats ▹
    strength ◆◆◇◇◇​
    stamina ◆◆◇◇◇◇​
    speed ◆◆◆◆◇​
    charisma ◆◆◆◇◇​
    intellect ◆◆◇◇◇​

hunting ◆◆◇◇◇​
    swimming ◆◇◇◇◇​
    climbing ◆◆◆◆◇​
    fighting ◆◆◆◆◇​

• ▹ Clanborn and raised in Thunderclan. Sometime before his apprentice ceremony, he developed his 'Dark Warrior' persona along with his true gender identity and considers this self-defining moment one that he is both proud and fond of.

WIP as events occur in roleplay!