ripple colony dusk till dawn — frond [ private ]

die with memories , not dreams .
︶꒦꒷♡꒷꒦︶​
Kaede waded through the water, nose skimming its surface with narrowed optics. He let out a hum, causing ripples, head cocked, watching its rings grow bigger and bigger. How odd. How could water be so flexible, yet so destructive? Why couldn’t he be that? He sighed, tail feeling heavy as it shifted, causing more ripples. I like ripples. He thought rather dumbly. They’re fun to do.

The bi-colored tom paused, peering further into the water at an odd, yet pretty-shaped rock, gaze brightening. Frond would like that. He glanced up at the mentioned feline briefly before returning his attention back to the pretty rock. How…? Oh! This must be why Father wanted him to train! Without warning, Kaede slammed face-first into the frigid waters, maw parting to grasp the smooth-textured rock into his mouth, popping back up with a gargled cough, spitting out the rock in an awaiting paw. “Frond! Rock!” He called, holding it out for the other to see. “I thought you might like it?” His brows furrowed, head cocked.

@Frond.
thought speech

I'LL BE THE MAGIC STORY YOU'VE BEEN TOLD
frond | 24 months | female | she/her| physically hard | mentally medium | attack in bold #674099
Though this river is different than the one she'd once known, the water is just as comforting to frond now as it was in her childhood. The water gives life as easily as it takes it, a wild thig, and seeing it grow sluggish and tired is quite saddening. The tips of her toes part the water as she lays down, legs sprawled and spine stiff - trying to enjoy the peace while it lasts, to enjoy the sun and the breeze and everything else this new territory has to offer. A splash and a choked sound meet her ears, head raising in concern, though all she finds is a very wet kaede looking at her, rock clutched tightly in one paw.

"A rock-?" A slow blink from green optics as her mind works, and then she can only beam up at her friend, fangs flashing. "I do! Thats a really pretty one too," she'd lost her collection of odds-n-ends long ago, between floods and a journey much to long. But perhaps things will be different down here - perhaps this one she wont loose. Long limbs tremble and shake for a moment as she stretched, hauling herself up to her paws to pad over for a closer look, circling both the tom and the stone he holds. "I've never seen one like that before - do you think it's some sort of rock that only grows down here?" actually, frond isn't entirely sure if rocks grow at all - though if they do, it's certainly a very slow process, like the trees. Or perhaps they simply sprung into existence.