camp dying to save your soul .. physical therapy

. ° ✦A heavy sigh drew from the depths of the young toms lungs as he stretched his injured leg out. His sigh turned into a strained whine as his felt resistance in his aching muscles, still wrapped in cobwebs and smelling of poultices from forests away. Gentlestorm said his leg was in some pretty bad shape because of the owl. There was concern if he would ever be able to use it fully after, but Bravepaw wasn't afraid. His mentor had only three legs, and he was one of the best warriors ever!

These stretches were starting to become a pain, figuratively and literally. Rising out of the nest, dragging himself all the way out of Gentlestorm's den and doing paces and stretches all around the ravine was embarrassing as it was exhausting. "Ugh, this hurts. Can I stop noooow?" He complained with a long, drawn out mewl. "I'm hungry. My leg hurts more when I'm hungry."
 ° .  . ° 
  • ooc: — local boy is experiencing the consequences of his actions
  • BRAVEPAW — HE/HIM ・ 5 MOONS ・ THUNDERCLAN & APPRENTICE ・ PENNED BY beatae!
    A Longhaired chocolate tabby/blue tabby chimera with deep blue eyes. Very thick coat that has started to develop curls. Paws that seem too big for his little body. Gradually growing into his ears.

If there was one thing that Softpaw was quietly thankful that she didn't have to deal with, it was the rehab that the apprentices who had gone after the owl would have to go through in the aftermath. She'd been watching Bravepaw do his mandated exercises from a spot near the medicine cat's den, just so that she was out of the way of things but still closer enough to feel like she was present with her sister.

Bravepaw had claimed that it was his idea to hunt the owl, but Softpaw wasn't completely sure he was telling the full truth. It wasn't that Softpaw wanted someone else to blame for Vixenpaw's lost tail - she was sure that her headstrong sister would have gone along with any foolish plan to prove herself stronger than the Clan gave her credit for, so it wasn't blame that she was searching for. More so, she just wanted answers.

"You can't eat until after the queens and elders have, as it is," Softpaw pointed out, voice just audible from where she was sitting. "I suppose you didn't think of the consequences that might come of your actions, did you?" There was no malice in her voice; if anything, Softpaw sounded like a chastising mother, just as she did with Vixenpaw in the same situation.

esc1s8r.png

'CAUSE SOMEWHERE DOWN THE BANK — Large snow capped paws follow after Bravepaw making sure to keep a close eye on his nephew knowing that both of his parents worried for their kitten but he couldn't have them hovering over his patients while they tread the path of healing even if some of the apprentices would be out of the den sooner than others. His thoughts focusing on Lovepaw who had suffered worse in terms of shattered bones but he had been fortunate enough to learn of such a thing underneath Berryheart even if it had been a brief teaching and he had relied on his instinct as well as his knowledge of herbs to use on the older apprentice. The memory of all the apprentices broken and battered as they were taken to his den was enough to make his jaw clench with discomfort remembering another time such a thing happened with a predatory bird, he inhales sharply being returned to the present and now when Bravepaw whines about how the physical therapy hurts and how he's hungry.

"They're supposed to help you and they are. It'll simply ache at first," Gentlestorm says in a light tone yet he exhales and lets out an exhausted sigh having not been able to rest properly knowing that he had so many young cats to look after, he'd need to restock on herbs soon enough too especially poppy seeds and marigold. "But you may take a break and we'll carry on later after you've rested for a bit." The healer finally decides to say and glances over in the direction of the freshkill pile, he would need to see if any of the other injured apprentices were hungry and he'd need to hunt for them so the queens would have their share of prey considering that they were eating for more than one now. He glances over to Softpaw offering a small smile before watching Bravepaw from the corner of his eye to see his reaction to Softpaw's words.

u1GLDFj.png

• MEDICINE CAT IN TRAINING;
    ✿✿✿✿✿ FLESH WOUNDS
    ✿✿✿❀❀ INFECTIONS
    ✿✿✿❀❀ ACHES & PAINS
    ✿✿✿❀❀ ILLNESS
    ✿✿❀❀❀ BREATHING ISSUES
    ✿❀❀❀❀ TRAVELING HERBS
    ✿✿❀❀❀ BROKEN BONES
    ❀❀❀❀❀ KITTING
    ❀❀❀❀❀ POISONS
  • q0K38mZ.png
    a longhaired blue sepia tom w/low white and brown eyes
    gentlestorm is a very warm individual and friendly to those who he meets, he's very social and willing to lend anyone a paw if they need it. he's very patient, caring, and it's usually rare to earn his ire.
    52 moons old; ages the 27th every month
    widowed/not interested; mated to little wolf
    easy to befriend/interact with ; hard to anger/upset
    "speech", thoughts, attacking
    peaceful powerplay allowed

Raccoonstripe has a certain amount of sympathy for the foolhardy apprentices who’d left camp, eyes bright with glory, but he’s settled into a comfortable place of judgment since they’ve all begun to recover. They’re lucky; they should thank their stars every night before they drift off to sleep. That, and Raccoonstripe can feel a small amount of impatience bending within him when he hears Bravepaw complain about his leg exercises. Hadn’t he brought this on himself? What would whining like a kit do to make things better?

The tabby sits near Gentlestorm and Softpaw, his muzzle drawn into a frown. “The sooner you finish your exercises, the sooner you’ll get better. I assume you still want to be a warrior once you’ve healed.” His tail tip twitches. “These won’t be the last wounds you get.Though hopefully it’s the last time you do something so reckless and mousebrained, he thinks to himself with a twitch of his lip.

• ooc:
  • 74327127_amPwOaY4eGaGkj8.png
  • Raccoon . Raccoonstripe, he/him w/ masculine terms.
    — “speech”, thoughts, attack
    — 37 moons old, ages realistically on the 5th.
    — mentored by n/a ; mentoring none ; previously mentored Wildheart, Moonwhisper
    — thunderclan lead warrior. gray wolf x howlingstar, gen 2.
    — currently mated to Nightbird.
    — penned by Marquette.

lh black tabby with white and dark brown eyes. charismatic, charming, calculating, ambitious, shallow, manipulative.

. ° ✦ Softpaw was quick to shove her muzzle into what Bravepaw could only describe as none of her beeswax, as the elders liked to say. The albino kept herself around the medicine den so often he was beginning to wonder if she was on her own punishment as their sentinel, or if they were really waiting for the others to start clearing out and save all the chores for them.

Bravepaw stomped his good paw and shook his head. "Nuh uh, whoever's in the medicine den gets fed before you, too. It's allowed." He was just beginning to regain enough strength to stand and walk again if given breaks in between. Another few days of continuous effort like this and he may just start running like he used to. "But I guess Vixenpaw might share with you or something..."

His chaperone lightly dismissed any concern for the discomfort in his leg and his frown settled more firmly. Aches!! But the aching... ached!! Why would it be good if all he felt was aching and more and more- "I can? I can take a break!?" Bravepaw happily sat on his rear and exhaled loudly in relief. No matter that they would get back to it in some vague sense of time after, he was just happy to hear it was over.

"I'm still gonna be a warrior. Not even an owl could get me." He reminded Raccoonstripe with a big smile split on his maw. Not mentioning how he was just a pathetic lump of fur and wounds after the fact, but he did survive it all. Barely. "When I become a warrior, the other Clans'll see my leg and shoulder and not wanna ever mess with me!"
 ° .  . ° 
  • ooc:
  • BRAVEPAW — HE/HIM ・ 5 MOONS ・ THUNDERCLAN & APPRENTICE ・ PENNED BY beatae!
    A Longhaired chocolate tabby/blue tabby chimera with deep blue eyes. Very thick coat that has started to grow into long, wispy curls. Developing into an awkward stage of kitten uglies as the rest of his body grows and changes.

Reactions: Archivist
Sunshinepaw had to be grateful that he hadn't broken anything like Lovepaw did. Sure, his paw and wrist ached, but all he had to do for that was... not move? At least, he thinks. He may be recalling someone else's healing regime, if he starts to think about it too hard. It doesn't help that thinking too hard makes his eyes blur more and his head hurt a bit.

Regardless, he enjoys some of the warm son that peaks into the medicine den, watching his denmate walk slowly about the ravine. He says nothing to Softpaw as the she-cat lingers - however when the conversation finds him and mentions food, he offers a lazy half smile, "If y'need somethin' for the elders, Softpaw, y'can bring them my share," he'll survive. It's not like he's done well enough before to catch his own meals, so maybe a bit of hunger will jumpstart him into learning quicker.​