private EARLY THIS MORNING [ drowsy ]

Jun 11, 2023

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ- It had been two and a half weeks since he had spoke- broken up with Lupinesong. Ears twitched as he padded back in from a patrol, the heat bearing down on him. A sigh later, ears pinned backwards. Hot, and grueling summer, without someone to run to the rivers to, to sit up in the branches with. Eyes shifted, trying to find black pelt as if it would relieve the itch he felt.

And instead of his ex-, his blue eyes found someone else he really needed to talk to. Perhaps not just needed to talk to, but needed overall. Drowsynose had been there every step of the way. Lupinesong getting together with him, his doubts when Cherryblossom's new relationship caused Lupine to run off, his doubts again when Cherryblosssom had become deputy, and the admission of how Drowsynose felt in that exact moment, pressed side to side.

Butterflies fluttered in the depth of his stomach the longer he looked. That was new, he considered, vision shifting away as he inhaled softly. Butterflies, a twisting feeling in his stomach of near nervousness, one that made the sunlight against his pelt feel just warm and not hot. One that made Drowsynose's fur look all that more comfortable to press into then before. Falcongaze inhaled and the world seemed to begin again. I need to talk to him.

Falcongaze pushed to his paws from where he had sat in a shaded spot, his approach perhaps a bit quicker then languid. Nervousness that hadn't bit into him since he was an apprentice did now, and Falcongaze cleared his throat lightly. "Drowsynose." He greeted quietly, sitting close to the other warrior.
  • "speech"
    // @DROWSYNOSE
  • DnLL8mM.png
  • FALCONPAW 🌧 he/him, apprentice of skyclan, fifteen moons.
    LH chocolate lynx point with deep blue eyes, and a long scar on his left cheek down under his jawline. pushes his 'hair' back. very long legged, half oriental moggie.
    mentored by greeneyes / / mentoring no one
    padding after no one / / brother to spottedpaw and sagepaw
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / / underline and tag when attacking
    penned by dallas ↛ dallasofnines on discord, feel free to dm for plots.

STILL DON'T KNOW MY NAME

two long weeks. a little more than two weeks since lupinesong and falcongaze no longer were a thing. they've barely said– if anything– a word to each other and drowsynose can't do anything about it. he cannot comfort his friend, nor his sister, as he wishes to. he believes he's at fault for it all, anyways, and that's something in of itself, isn't it? he should know better. the way lupinesong looks at cherryblossom is the same way that drowsynose looks at falcongaze. no one chooses who they fall for but they can certainly choose how they go about it. lupinesong shouldn't have... kept dragging falcongaze along. and he truly doesn't mean that because he is in love with the tom. he means it because lupinesong deserved to be happy. and if falcongaze couldn't give that to her, then she should have told him so. emotions are complicated. even more so when all drowsynose wants is for everyone to be okay.

he sits in the shade, blinking a few good times as he listens to the sound of the wind. had he not been paying attention to every paw step around him, every scent and every noise, falcongaze might have scared him. he doesn't. he turns his attention to his friend, perking up his ears and offering a soft smile.

"hi, falcongaze. d-did you need something?"

he doesn't say that whatever it is, he'd do it in a heartbeat because that seems like a bit much. but it's true. he'd do anything for falcongaze and it's been that way for a long time. maybe that's why he has waited for so long for his friend to come and talk to him. he wanted to give him space. and he did.

"is your nest messed up, again? I c-can come and f-fix it for you."

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ- Two weeks. He had indeed needed time- it had been complicated, working through all of that. The body he had pressed so tightly to for moons was now across the warriors den. The ear that listened when he needed it- that was gone. One of his closests pushed away, because he deserved she could do better. She could to better, considering the way her eyes found the deputy every time.

A breath is inhaled as Drowsynose's eyes found his, and he offered a smile, a genuine one. "No, no, it's not my nest." He said quietly. Despite the eyes in camp, despite how public may seem- in truth, camp was empty besides a handful of warriors- he was as close as had been with Lupinesong in moments past, but no closer then he had been to Drowsynose before. He didn't want to make him uncomfortable. Blue eyes lifted away a moment later.

"I've been.. thinking, Drowse." Falcongaze murmured, eyes cast off now. It was a breath-holding moment, one where Falcongaze was quietly peering away. "A dangerous thing to do, in regards to myself." He continued. "But.. there.. I'm sure you know what happened. I broke up with Lupinesong." Falcongaze spoke, his tail twitching. He didn't dare wrap it around the other- it would feel selfish, to cling what is not his.

"And- And I've been thinking." He cleared his throat. It would be clear, by how he was avoiding his eyes and the stumble in his normally sure-footed words, how nervous he may be. The heat made it hard to judge whether or not his ears were warm for another reason. "About... what you said." Falcongaze's voice lowered to a soft murmur. A minute passed, and his eyes turned towards Drowsynose again, searching his expression.
  • "speech"
    LH chocolate lynx point with deep blue eyes, and a long scar on his left cheek down under his jawline. pushes his 'hair' back. very long legged, half oriental moggie.

STILL DON'T KNOW MY NAME

its... not his nest. huh. he blinks a few times, head tilting curiously, gaze as soft as it always is when he looks at the tom in front of him.

"it's not? oh, okay. well i'm glad it's still working okay."

his next words surprise him. his ears perked up and he straightens himself, brows furrowed in confusion as he watched falcongaze fidget and stutter over his words. that wasn't like him at all. that was more of his thing, wasn't it? to be so worried and jumpy. he doesn't know how to feel. he swallows thickly, tail curling around his paws as his claws gently kneaded at the ground under him. his heart began to hammer in his chest. he was thinking about what he said.

"y-you... have? i really... i-i mean y-yes... I knew that you broke up with l-lulu... are... are you okay? w-we haven't talked m-much but i... you... you really thought about wh-what I've said?"

what else could he say? he regrets the way it came out but not once does he regret his love for the tom in front of him. he wonders, though, would falcongaze only want to be friends? he can live with that, he thinks. he doesn't want to have to think of a life without him in it, even if it means they're just friends.

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ- His own heart is hammering- he hopes, perhaps, that Drowsynose cannot hear the way it's fluttering, the way his friend's speech skipping matches the pace of his own arteries. The smile- he couldn't drop it, slide the mask up in front of it to push away the notion of happiness, like he had been for the past two weeks. He's sure that Drowsynose has noticed that he's been incredibly busy, putting work before anything else.

But he had been thinking of it. Moments after moving his nest, Drowsynose was in his mind. Fuck, even during the breakup, Lupinesong's brother was the image in his head, right after the thought of I deserve to be happy. Was that how simple it was? The same words he had given to Lupinesong- that you shouldn't have to try to love, it should be what pours from your soul in earnest? A inhale of sharp breath before he was nodding. "Yes. Yes, I have. I told you I would." He whispered, as if the rest of camp had turned their eyes upon them.

"And.. I... we could try. We.. I want to try." He finally admitted, eyes fixed solely to the smoke in front of him. "I'm not... good, at padding after someone." Falcongaze say, vision searching the others for how he felt. Denial? Excitement? Falcongaze's own sight was ticked with worry, but acceptance- excitement, joy, at what could be going forward. He really did want to try.
  • "speech"

STILL DON'T KNOW MY NAME

he wants so badly to be selfish. but he's worried. because what would cats think? what would they think about falcongaze padding after drowsynose so soon after breaking it off with lupinesong? and what would lupinesong think? he twitches his whiskers with nervousness, ears pinning back as he speaks quietly, scared that maybe someone will hear him other than falcongaze.

"i-i... i want to try that too... m-more than anything. b-but... what... what about lupinesong, f-falcongaze?"

he doesn't wanna hurt her by doing this. he doesn't want anything to happen to falcongaze because he loved him.

"i... have th-thought about p-padding after you for moons, y-you know. but you... were with lupinesong. i d-don't want... anyone to be upset with you f-for padding after me s-so soon after... what... how can we prevent... i-i w-wanna protect you in a-any way i can."

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ- Drowsynose's outward reaction is not what he expected, and perhaps, he's a bit crestfallen that he's not instantly welcome. But where Falcongaze has always leaned against Drowsynose for the logical reaction, he does now, too- bringing up a very, very important fact. He had only left Lupinesong perhaps just over two weeks ago.

Lupinesong, despite the void, was still Drowsynose's sister. He hummed quietly, vision turning away at the question. He is only briefly in thought before the other's words warm his face, and his nose turns back to the other swiftly. Ears perked, and a soft sigh left him, shifting to be a little more comfortable. "No you're... that's very wise, Drowse. There's... yes. That's an issue." Falcongaze murmured quietly, his tail twitching.

Blue eyes lifted to the rest of camp. "Maybe we just... wait to tell them. Wait until Lupinesong has healed from the break-" He winces a bit at the thought, "And everyone won't be... as shocked." Falcongaze said quietly, his paws anxiously pressing into the trodden soil of camp. Ears lowered quietly. "I doubt it'll be clean any way we do it but.. Waiting to tell everyone is best."

His breath hesitated, and eyes shifted back towards Drowsynose. "Can you do that? We won't be able to sleep in eachother's nests but.. near won't be so suspicious. We're 'just friends' around the others."
  • "speech"

STILL DON'T KNOW MY NAME

"r...right."

he nods quietly. he knows it's an issue and he just doesn't want anyone hurt. he can stand it if it's just him but there's too many possibilities of other cats being hurt. his gaze shifts back to falcongaze as he suggests keeping it hidden until later. he wants to try so badly that he's willing to keep all of his hidden from the rest of the world and that... makes butterflies swarm in his belly. he still listens, tails swishing back and forth as he gives a few short nods, standing up onto his paws.

"y-yes I can. I will. that's... that sounds okay. uhm... can we go on a walk? i... we don't have to. a-at all. I just want to stretch my legs."

he doesn't say that he just wants to get away right now. he doesn't wanna feel like he's being watched like always. for once he just wants to look at the stars without worrh. without feeling like maybe something bad will happen to him. it's easy enough with falcongaze around because he knows if anyone will protect him, falcon will. he always has tried to, hasn't he? maybe that's part of the reason why he loves him so much.