pafp ELECTRIC SMILE ⋆ FREEDOM!

Nearly a moon... How much of that was an exaggeration? Time past so quickly, and yet, not at all! Wolfwind thinks she could count every agonizing moment she laid slack - jawed in that temporary nest. Her claws had rendered the thing scrappy, by the time she would take her leave, and she wouldn't hesitate to toss it out, or rework it into something nicer, for Berryheart's sake. Tear up the scraps... put it to something useful. Yeah. Feathers from an old nest could go into something new, though of course, the worst parts of it all needed to be tossed. Wolfwind blinks with a single, sun - specked eye.

The gauze over the other is gone now. No more web - bindings. It wasn't something she could acknowledge easily, but she felt it when she crept to the Medicine Den's entrance, and felt the cold on her flesh in a way she hasn't before. Shivers wrack her, and she tells herself that's why she lingers within the den. Yeah, that's why.

She needed no more clearence. No more need for Berryheart to leer with lop - eyes upon her wound, looking for whatever it is he looked for. The world is before her, the same as ever. Just a little colder, maybe. A little more hungry, maybe.

So what is she waiting for?

She doesn't know. She doens't know and she still doesn't know, by the time she hops out. A tawny pelt approaches, and it's enough to give her the heart to jump. She can't explain it, really, she can't. But one moment she's frozen, and the next she's putting herself out in camp all at once, making a sudden, ghastly appearance before the likes of Roeflame. " Boo! " her mouth catches up with the rest of her... or something. " Miss me? "
EpC61GT.png

• OOC: fnaf jumpscaring @ROEFLAME . <3!!
  • [ AND THE ENCORE LASTS FOREVER . . . ] WOLFWIND THUNDERCLAN LEAD WARRIOR! LITTERMATE 2 LAKEMOON; KIN TO MANY.

SHE / HER, CONFUSED BY BUT NOT OPPOSED TO THE USE OF OTHERS
    CURRENTLY 26 MOONS OLD AS OF 1.17.2024. AGES EVERY 1ST.

FRIEND TO MANY! UPBEAT AND UPFRONT. MOVES THROUGH LIFE WITH AN UPBEAT EXTERIOR AND BRIGHT EYES. MAKE NO MISTAKE! TAKES HER JOB VERY SERIOUSLY. THERE'S IMPORTANCE IN SAFETY, RECKLESSNESS ONLY GETS YOU SO FAR. ONCE A FOOL, BUT NO LONGER.

dd766ql-e8b06172-29d0-498a-b782-e139a0acd9eb.gif
ROEFLAME — I fell in love with the fire long ago.

Weariness clung to the pale tabbies bones as Roeflame pushed herself through the camps entrance, a scrawny mouse feebly clasped in her jaws.
Theres a faint tug stemming from her paws, as though they’ve doubled in weight and keep the lead warrior trudging rather than her usual energetic gait.
There’s a tumble of blueish gray suddenly, cutting Roeflames path off with a screeching halt.
Boo!
"Ah!" The bleary-eyed tabby exclaims, dropping her mouse as her jaw springs wide open in shock.
The surprise does not last for more that half of a heartbeat as hazy optics adjust to Wolfwind.
Wolfwind.
The fox’s damage is marred into her council mates features, and it is only one wide honeyed optic staring at her.
While there is a tragic brutality to her friends new appearance, Roeflame is awestruck.
"Yeah I missed you!" The Warrior snorts incredulously, and without skipping another beat, Roeflame steps forward to take a moment to embrace Wolfwind, withdrawing with a grin.
"Would I be making a prick of myself if I told you how badass you look right now?"

"speech"

• Love
Reactions: WOLFWIND
Wolfwind was a nice enough cat, so seeing her injured like that after the fox encounter was brutal. Hickoryskip couldn’t imagine being cooped up that long in the medicine den, but at least both Berryheart and Hailstorm seemed like okay denmates. Hailstorm especially; he’s probably really warm…wouldn’t want anyone getting the wrong idea, though!

The fawn molly grins widely as she sees the lead warrior already back to being her old, energetic self. Spooking Roeflame from the back is a dangerous endeavor, and yet Wolfwind pulled it off! She skips over to the two lead warriors, just in time to hear Roeflame’s compliment. “I agree! No one is gonna try to mess with you now,” Hickoryskip chuckles in a playful manner. “I hope it doesn’t ache too much?”

Reactions: WOLFWIND
—————————————————————⊰☾⊱————————————————————

"Wolfwind." She greets, tone cautious as if worried her very voice could harm the molly further, her eyes narrowing softly at the sight of her cousin's mauled face. It had been entirely her fault this happened, if she had been paying more attention - if she had not lost her focus to her own thoughts, she would've heard the fox coming and been able to avoid it on her own but now her back had scars along the flank and Wolfwind was missing an eye to her foolishness. She doesn't know how to say sorry, she doesn't know what words to form a proper apology for what she caused. Part of her is bitter at being saved, a small sliver of her heart wished she'd been left on the red snow to pay for her negligence, to finally see her sister again after so long. It had been a while since Morningpaw plagued her thoughts and now, lately, it seemed as if she was in every flicker of movement in her peripheal, every reflective sheen she passed.
Morningpaw would want her to be gracious, to tell Wolfwind she was glad she was there and hoped she recovered well, but Morningpaw was dead.
"...I'm sorry." Is all she says simply, not willing to grovel but unwilling to simply let things go unsaid.
She was glad the blue molly was out of the medicine cat den, but she doesn't add that to her words and lets it drift off into a pale cloud of breath as she shuffles next to Roeflame and Hickoryskip.

•  

• dgk9va7-e404f34c-d42a-4934-8360-235d0834d2d4.png
    Moonwhisper
    —⊰⋅ Warrior of ThunderClan
    —⊰⋅ She/Her
    "SPEECH", 'THOUGHTS', ATTACK
    —⊰⋅ LH Tortiseshell point w/ice blue eyes

"Wolfwind!!" Sparkwing cries out when he sees her out of the medicine den. He hadn't been there to help her when the fox attacked and it ate at him like a bug at a leaf. He almost lost her, and the fact scares him. She's family to him. He can't lose his mentor.

He rushes over but slows down to prevent bowling her over like he normally would have. The sight of her injury is upsetting, but the relief that she has overcome it is greater. He gently presses his head against hers.

"I'm so glad you're okay..." He says. "You're so tough not even a fox could take you down, huh?" He adds with a bright smile.

He catches sight of Moonwhisper and he tells himself to not feel the irritation that he does. It's not her fault, he tries to reason with himself. Yet even so, he can't help but blame her. Maybe if she weren't busy acting like she's better than everyone else she'd have noticed the fox and nobody would have gotten hurt.

But he knows better. It's not her fault. Even if she were prepared, this could still have happened.

What matters is that Wolfwind is still here with them, and he wouldn't have it any other way.​

A hit. Roeflame stumbles backward, and Wolfwind lets out a snort. The surprise doesn't last long before it's just them again, Wolfwind and Roeflame. Friends. She's glad, that means her eye can't look so bad. She purrs when her friend meets her in a brush of fur, and Wolfwind flicks her tail against her in reply, whiskers twitching. " Good thing! You won't be able to get away from me, soon enough! "

Would I be making a prick of myself if I told you how badass you look right now? " Naw. I mean – really? " Truthfully, Wolfwind hasn't had the chance to assess the damage yet. She just knows she's suddenly havin' a hard time telling how far away things are from her face. Hickoryskip – that's who it was, wasn't it? Hickoryskip. Wolfwind has to whip her head around to be certain, and it's not the most comfortable thing in the world – tells her yes. No one is gonna try to mess with you now It's not me I gotta worry about, really. She appreciates the sentiment, still. " Haven't really checked. Badass is about as good as I coulda hoped for. Good for me! " Wolfwind makes a face, feelin how the exposed flesh moves strange across it. " Not so achy. Berryheart did me good. "

Moonwhisper steps forward, and with her own mitted paw hovering curiously over her faces right side, Wolfwind glances over. " Moon. " She sees no need for somberness. Instead, the softness in her voice is there in relief. Relief that she's okay. To see her here, still breathing, makes it more than worth it. " Don't worry 'bout it, kay? "

And then Sparkwing is on her with the swiftness of his name. A ruddy blur coming to meet him with a gentleness she didn't think he was really capable of. He outgrew her awhile ago, now. And she's overcome with joy that she managed to keep him safe, despite his leaf - litter brain. " Doin' peachy. " she smiles. " I'm not the easy pickings it hoped for, I guess! "