pafp ENDING RETROGRADE ✩ chatting

nightbird kept in step with the hunting patrol on uneven strides, forward motion never faltering despite them. dawn had just broke over the mountains, pink and yellow hues peeking through the large slabs of stone. with a foggy breath, she cast a glance at the sky still painted dimly around the edges. was it a more beautiful of a sight here than in the forest?

ears twitching, she continued to try and hunt. the snow was helpful for tracking, indents of where prey has stepped like stars against the night sky, and yet she kept coming up short. the only pawprints she had seen were those of other cats, perhaps the prey detested these mountains just as much as her. sharply exhaling, nightbird shook herself free of any snow that had clung to a feathered pelt, silver gaze raking through her surroundings once more.

they did not find prey, rather landing a much larger target. hailstorm stood idle as well, nightbird couldn't determine if he had just shown up or if his pelt had blended him into a pale backdrop. she wouldn't be surprised if he had found more luck finding a meal out here, curiously she padded forward.

"any luck?" she hums, sitting with her hips falling sideways so that the icy ground could do it's work of numbing an aching limb. "you holding up okay out here? i imagine the cold isn't much of an issue." a densely packed coat was certainly ideal for this weather, although she wouldn't say she was envious of how it faired him in warmer seasons.

• please wait for @HAILSTORM. :D

• IMG_0032.png
  • NIGHTBIRD she/her, lead warrior of thunderclan, twenty-six moons
    nightbird is a small black smoke molly with pale silver eyes. a loner turned thunderclanner, her loyalty and drive to provide for her clan is unwavering. however, she is not known for harboring a bleeding heart, instead equipped with sarcastically fueled wit, brutal honesty, and a sharply edged tongue.
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / / underline and tag when attacking ↛ see battle info here
    penned by vayle@vayl3 on discord, feel free to dm for plots.

The snow provided him an advantage with the tracks of other animals and the way his own plush coat blended in within much of an issue, the sepia tom searching through the terrain with the rest of his hunting party before turning to glance over at Nightbird and perked his ears forward at her inquiry if he had any luck "Uh... Not yet but I'm sure I'll be able to find something soon," He answers with a grin present on his maw though he can't help but feel the sides of his mouth falter when his copper gaze focuses on Nightbird's injury and he snorts quietly at what she says next. How was he holding up? What about her?

The mass of fur lifts a paw briefly to shake snow from it only to paw his jaws to speak "I'm in my element if I'm being honest," He muses with plumes of stark leaving his maw as he breathes into the cold air, "You stick out like a sore paw though... Which... By the way, how are you holding up? I can't imagine its fun walking around with that achy limb." His gentle, warm copper gaze lighting up with concern and tilts his head to the side remembering what Magpiepaw said about how a cat could lean onto another for support if need be. "If you need to, you can lean on me, Nightbird. If it gives you too much trouble, of course."

He silently hopes that she takes his offer and isn't too prideful like a few of his other clanmates, his ears lifting up at the sound of small paws causing the snow to let out quiet crunch or two. The large tomcat lowers his body and stalks forward until he leaps forward and pounces through a mostly dead bush covered in snow to retrieve his prize. Hailstorm padding over with a small mouse clamped between his jaws and it was small but a catch nonetheless especially in this weather.

/ before little's death
  • 5_by_caviesh_dg4bkw8.png
    ✦ 48 moons old
    ✦ thunderclan warrior
    ✦ bisexual demiromantic; mates with little wolf
    "speech", thoughts, attacking
    ✦ semi-difficult in combat; relies on strength and his burly build
    ✦ peaceful powerplay allowed
    ✦ penned by bosstaurus

◇────────────【☆】【☆】────────────◇

XXXXXGood catch.” The RiverClan warrior’s tone is casual, nearly deadpan, though she’s crusted in snow and remarkably empty-pawed in comparison. She does not blend into the snow like big, fluffy Hailstorm does—but she’d been listening to the ThunderClanners’ conversation all the same, all while scenting the air for prey and finding little but ice and stone. Her blue eyes focus in on the bit of prey, a tongue lashing about her lips. “Hunting in the mountains is… difficult. I’ve not had any luck today.” She gives her body a shake, bits of snow flinging away.

XXXXXHer pale gaze wanders to where the lead warrior, Nightbird, stands in the snow. She dips her head incrementally, dark ear twitching. “Having a shoulder to lean on helps,” she says noncommittally. She gestures with the tip of her tail to her healing injury. “I wouldn’t have made it through the tunnels without your Clanmate.

─────────​

"seems like the prey feels the same as me about this weather," she sighed after hailstorm's confession that he hadn't been so lucky either. a shame too, she was beginning to feel the exhaustion creep in from the lack of good meals. there was nothing to do now though but grin and bare.

nightbird watched carefully as he faltered, drooping face and trailing eyes after her question. her ears twitched under the scrutiny, but he said nothing yet, going on about how he was 'in his element '. "braggart," she muttered light heartedly, eyes narrowing slightly. it wasn't long until he addressed the reason for his melted countenance, reflecting her question back.

"it's not your job to worry about me," she chides, trying to keep the cold from seeping into her tone. it was his job to bring the lungwort home, save the clan from that horrifying illness. her job was to worry, she was doing just fine at it too. "i can usually manage, if something changes though you'll be the first to know." the last part was added wryly, lips tilted in a sardonic grin as she brushed off the concern.

hailstorm is gone in a flash, a mottled riverclanner taking his place as the pale warrior pounces on a mouse and returns with it quickly. iciclefang praises his catch, the mouse practically walked into their jaws. "guess you were right, although i didn't think you meant that soon." perhaps she would ask him to predict what the rest of the journey might look like considering his newfound clairvoyance.

her head turns as iciclefang speaks again, vouching for the helpfulness of a shoulder to lean on. "i'm sure," she comments, slightly withdrawn. of course it would be a luxury, but nightbird wasn't keen on dragging anyone else down with her. the comment about her clanmates though had her brows raising, humorous. "you didn't tell them that, did you? stars know it'd inflate their ego beyond belief.

• NIGHTBIRD she/her, lead warrior of thunderclan, twenty-six moons
    nightbird is a small black smoke molly with pale silver eyes. a loner turned thunderclanner, her loyalty and drive to provide for her clan is unwavering. however, she is not known for harboring a bleeding heart, instead equipped with sarcastically fueled wit, brutal honesty, and a sharply edged tongue.
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / / underline and tag when attacking ↛ see battle info here
    penned by vayle@vayl3 on discord, feel free to dm for plots.