ESCAPE FROM BABYLON ✩ navigating

nightbird was stuck leading a group that notably lacked thunderclanners as they all navigated the growth. it was not as difficult as these other clans were making it look, duskpaw had this down at only a third of their age. her pelt was beginning to prickle more and more with each issue they ran into. someone's paw was tangled, another's tail caught in tightly woven ivy. how they had even managed that was unbelievable to her. on top of it all, they crashed through more undergrowth than maneuvered. prey would scatter, and all of this good will was making her incredibly hungry.

the incident that finally pushed her over was some cat claiming that they were stuck, only their head poking through a tight work of brambles. "you're not stuck, you're fine just..." she sighed, trailing off. it was awfully difficult to direct these fools from the head of their group. nightbird began backtracking with impressive ease, sending a sharp glance to everyone remaining. "do not move a whisker. if i come back and someone has their paw tangled again, i am not above leaving you there to rot."

she made her way over to the particularly idiotic outsider, silver gaze raking over their situation. it was a little dramatic to claim that they were stuck when there was possibly enough room for another cat, a very small one but another nonetheless. her tail twitched in annoyance. "i can't believe i came all the way here for this," she hissed, rolling her eyes. what a waste of energy, if they weren't self sufficient enough to figure this out on their own perhaps they shouldn't have come on this damned journey. "you owe me, majorly. now, just try and get your front paws through with your head, and believe me when i say that our kits would make you the laughing stock for moons."

• feel free to be the cat she's helping or anyone from the group!

• IMG_0032.png
  • NIGHTBIRD she/her, lead warrior of thunderclan, twenty-six moons
    nightbird is a small black smoke molly with pale silver eyes. a loner turned thunderclanner, her loyalty and drive to provide for her clan is unwavering. however, she is not known for harboring a bleeding heart, instead equipped with sarcastically fueled wit, brutal honesty, and a sharply edged tongue.
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / / underline and tag when attacking ↛ see battle info here
    penned by vayle@vayl3 on discord, feel free to dm for plots.

• Love
Reactions: HONEYJAW
See– Honeyjaw had not thought himself terrible at this sort of thing. ShadowClan's territory could not have been all that different from ShadowClan's, after all. Right? They shared a border... sort of. But trekking through this undergrowth, he must confront that very idea. This is different, and strange, and he really, really does not like it. Nor is he good at it, if Nightbird's impatience has anything to show by it. He can't even blame her, really. It is ridiculous of him to be stuck like this, and it's ridiculous for them to have come so far and be hounded by leaves, of all thing, yet this journey stopped for none. If they're to make it back in time for this lungwort to mean anything at all, they'd have to work together. Especially in places where some of the others....suck. Because quite frankly, that's right where Honeyjaw is.

"You know, I've really never doubted that your kits would show me up in a few ways," he says conversationally, though he winces as he slowly, slowly moves his front paws through the tangle his own head is in. "I mean, first of all, they were born into this." One paw through, though the brambles pinch and scrape all the way. Honeyjaw's face might be stuck in a permanent grimace after this. "I was not. But it would also probably help that they're much smaller, and you guys are so...dense." The way he sounds it feels awfully lot like chunky, but that's not the intention. Truly. "My fur is far too thin to do this for so long."

He doesn't know why he has so much to say. Maybe it's his way of apologizing for the situation he's in, or distracting Nightbird from her anger with him. Maybe if he makes fun of himself, it'll hurt less when another is disappointed. But both front paws are through now. Minor successes. "What next? Unless you'd prefer to leave me here too– I honestly wouldn't blame you, you know."
border2.png

• OOC.
  • ✦  .   ˚ .  HONEYJAW. HE - HIM. WARRIOR OF SHADOWCLAN. ADOPTIVE FATHER TO DRAGONFLYPAW. PENNED BY REVELATIONS. —————————————
    ——  a short-furred dark chocolate point tom with the smallest splashes of white on his forehead, front paws, and tail tip. well-built, but overall average in size and unremarkable aside from his lightly curled ears and the magnetism of his smile. seems to show signs of aging earlier than expected with a salt-and-pepper dusting.
    ✦ NOTICE honeyjaw is currently on the journey and will not be active outside of retro threads, or finishing those he had previously posted in! please message me on discord for plots or interactions between journey cats.
  • "speech"

◇────────────【☆】【☆】────────────◇

XXXXXWe’re not leaving you, minnow-brain,” Iciclefang says tersely, giving Nightbird and her overly-sharp tongue a hypocritical glare. “It’s not our fault ThunderClan lives in a tangled mess of a forest and expects the rest of us to do the same.” She studies the trap Honeyjaw has slithered into, the way the thorns threaten to pierce the flesh beneath his amber pelt. She scowls, prodding a bramble with a wayward paw.

XXXXXShe’d just barely squeezed through the same opening, and some of her tortoiseshell fur is collecting on the same edges holding Honeyjaw in place. She deftly ignores this fact. “Maybe we can hold the brambles up for him just enough to squeeze out?” She doesn’t anticipate it would be a pleasant experience. She’s just as likely to prick her paws or place one in a patch of stinging nettle.

─────────​

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: HONEYJAW
Mouseflight found himself scowling as Nightbird spoke, annoyed expression evident as she continued to get onto them for getting stuck and tripping over brambles and roots. No matter how careful the tunneler was he kept finding himself tripping when he'd least expect himself to and getting tangled in things he didn't expect. He was used to tight spaces, but the tunnels in the moors didn't have random vines and bushes everwhere and they were carefully carved to make sure there was nothing like this to worry about.

Maw opened to say something as they went back to help Honeyjaw, but instead he closed it, a soft clack of his teeth echoing through his head as they snapped together. There was no reason to say anything really - it would just make things harder than they were worth - and so instead he simply watched for a moment as Honeyjaw began to come untangled. "I'll help." was all he said when Iciclefang mentioned holding the brambles back. If they did that it might go quicker, and then they'd get out of this stupid forest quicker.
  •  
  • tikki_com.png
    mousekit - mousepaw - mouseflight
    ⋆ ftm - he/him - 12 moons
    ⋆ bisexual - open to relationship
    ⋆ tunneler of windclan
    attack - speech - thought
    ⋆ penned by tikki

dfsiw1w-6a338f22-aae1-492a-977c-37693fa88d2d.gif
The SkyClanner is used to more freedom in his gait than this. The pine forest is more scarce in its undergrowth, not thick with brambles and ferns and extra greenery between his toes.

Navigating through thick foliage isn’t quite second nature to him, as it seems to be for ThunderClan’s group, but the way Nightbird speaks to the the lot of them makes him wonder if it should be. Greeneyes, like the rest of the forest-inept hunting patrol, tries his best to step carefully, but it seems like there’s always another hazard in his detoured path.

Freshly freed from an ivy-twisted grasp that he couldn’t untangle his tail from, Greeneyes is still reeling in his own embarrassment as they approach a bramble woven obstacle. He holds the crooked appendage close to his form as he squeezes through it, silently praying that he doesn’t get his tail hooked in it upon his emergence. Relief cools against simmering self-consciousness as all four paws hit the ground on the other side of the opening, as his tail is able to sway freely behind him. He is lucky this time around, but of course, someone else isn’t as lucky, and they still have to stop.

Carefully, Greeneyes turns to face the brambles, to a dark face peering out from it, a frown beginning to pull at his face as he listens to the ThunderClan warrior berate the trapped ShadowClanner.

Here, I’ll help too,” the warrior says with a nod at Mouseflight’s own offer, at Iciclefang’s suggestion. He might as well, since Nightbird doesn’t seem too keen on helping them without an agitated edge to her own attempts. The tom moves forward to try to grab hold of brambled vines between his teeth, aiming to bite around thorns as he pulls at the spiny trap.
border2.png

• 70927026_mk0oT2Gc8QoWlIu.png

GREENKITGREENPAWGREENEYES, Warrior of SkyClan
    Daisyflight x Raven Ramble
    — AMAB; He/Him
    — A red tabby and white tom with bright green eyes.
    — Mentored by Sheepcurl; Currently mentoring Falconpaw
    — "Speech"; Attack

: * — Among SkyClan's first born, Greeneyes is a bright tom with an affinity for the world around him. Despite always seeking to be kind to others, the warrior believes he's cursed - a belief brought on by rhetoric that green is a deadly color.

nightbird gives the shadowclanner a bored stare as he drones, at least he could work and speak at the least. she watched and watched, eventually two paws peeked out through the bramble net and honeyjaw's chance of making it out of such a perilous situation grew. if only his non-dense fur would be able to keep up. "i'm no medicine cat, but i think you'll live."

the molly hesitates, presumably weighing his offer when iciclefang speaks up. "she says no," nightbird echoes, her voice a mockery of disappointment. surely it would be quicker if they left him to figure it out, he would find a way eventually.

before she could give more instruction, voices all spoke up offering to help. of course, with her luck they'd just end up tangled in some plant she has never even seen before but the warrior does not protest. that way, when she said 'i told you so', it would make it that much sweeter. besides, if they wanted to play hero who was she to stop them, not a clanmate or mentor, she held no power outside of being the key to get out of this forest they detested so. "front legs all the way through now and pull yourself out. i'm happy to go behind you and nip at your heels if you need motivation."

• NIGHTBIRD she/her, lead warrior of thunderclan, twenty-six moons
    nightbird is a small black smoke molly with pale silver eyes. a loner turned thunderclanner, her loyalty and drive to provide for her clan is unwavering. however, she is not known for harboring a bleeding heart, instead equipped with sarcastically fueled wit, brutal honesty, and a sharply edged tongue.
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / / underline and tag when attacking ↛ see battle info here
    penned by vayle@vayl3 on discord, feel free to dm for plots.

The warrior felt bad watching Nightbird berate and help the other clan cats out of the vines, thorns, and whatever other foliage tried clinging to their pelts. Hailstorm was used to it and he can't help but frown when Nightbird begins to talk down to Honeyjaw who seems more focused on making conversation while he tries to wiggle his way out of the brambles and his ear flicks momentarily, his eyes turning to the other cats that were with them saying how they'd help the Shadowclanner. He's glad that they're willing to help one another like true clanmates and it's enough to warm his heart for a second until he hears Nightbird's gracious offer of nipping Honeyjaw heels for "motivation".

"Ooor... We can not do that," He says to the lead warrior with a half smile and walks over to the brambles where Honeyjaw is stuck and mumbles low enough for the tom and maybe the others to hear him "If you get stuck again... I'll help you out. I won't bite your heels like Nightbird." A bit of amusement in his voice as he uses his jaws to take the opposite side from Greeneyes of brambles vines and pulls back so the tom could wriggle or pull himself out a lot more easily.

• 5_by_caviesh_dg4bkw8.png
    ✦ 48 moons old
    ✦ thunderclan warrior
    ✦ bisexual demiromantic; mates with little wolf
    "speech", thoughts, attacking
    ✦ semi-difficult in combat; relies on strength and his burly build
    ✦ peaceful powerplay allowed
    ✦ penned by bosstaurus

Really, he's not sure what any of them expected from him– he laughs. Some part of it is sheer silliness. The fact that these are his clanmates now, that he would die for all of them. The cats ShadowClan had once done battle with now help him through the bush, and even Nightbird's irritation is something Honeyjaw meets with fondness. Genuine warmth, like she's just some other irate friend that'd bash his head into the tree bark as quickly as pull him away from it. How long has it been since he felt this closeness? Real closeness, aside from his daughter and Clearheart? And– and how crazy was it that it would never last? Anxiety crushes down on him. Not the brambles. They press down on him, but it's not the greenery that is claustrophobic in that moment. Deep breath, Honeyjaw.

Inhale. Exhale. He pushes through with a wince. "Really, your teeth would be no worse than the plants." Hailstorm is kinder about his offer for help, but he'd taken no offense to the other forest-dweller's intensity. One leg, and then the other, and finally his slim tail snakes delicately through. "There we go. Thank you. All of you." Lopsided smile intact, there's no sign of his earlier worries except in the warmth he offers his newfound clanmates. "I hereby swear to return the favor, should anyone else be so unfortunate."
border2.png

• OOC.
  • ✦  .   ˚ .  HONEYJAW. HE - HIM. WARRIOR OF SHADOWCLAN. ADOPTIVE FATHER TO DRAGONFLYPAW. PENNED BY REVELATIONS. —————————————
    ——  a short-furred dark chocolate point tom with the smallest splashes of white on his forehead, front paws, and tail tip. well-built, but overall average in size and unremarkable aside from his lightly curled ears and the magnetism of his smile. seems to show signs of aging earlier than expected with a salt-and-pepper dusting.
    ✦ NOTICE honeyjaw is currently on the journey and will not be active outside of retro threads, or finishing those he had previously posted in! please message me on discord for plots or interactions between journey cats.
  • "speech"