private EVEN IF THE WORLD TURNS AGAINST YOU || sootstar

╭── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╮

Weaselclaw is still shaking in his fur after he returns from seeing Emberfang to the border. Somewhere along the way back, his anger has melted away and left its skeleton behind, cold and stripped bare -- fear is what he feels now, fear and relief stinging his paw pads and putting a burn into his cheeks.

He'd almost lost her again. Could have lost her, had WindClan less loyal cats -- what power would he, Duskfire, and Hyacinthbreath have against a Clan of cats who wanted them all dead, Sootstar gone? He says a prayer of thanks to StarClan as he comes to the familiar dip in the earth where WindClan's camp settles. A prayer of thanks that they gave Duskfire the strength, the forbearance, to lift Sootstar up and save her from injury.

That Emberfang's rebellion had failed.

Weaselclaw pushes through the gorse tunnel. He ignores the stares from the other cats, the cats who want to ask him questions about Emberfang, the teary eyes of her family who had remained. He heads to Sootstar's den with purpose.

"She's gone," he reports, since he knows she'd want that. "And if I ever catch her scent on WindClan territory again, I will kill her." There's no mercy in his voice, and his eyes are cold as ice. "But that's not the only reason I'm here."

Weaselclaw is not an overly expressive cat, but the depth of his feeling is so immense that briefly, he flails in it, swims in it, drowns in it. He remembers the day Sootstar had died at his paws.

But even stronger is the memory of the day she had come back. To WindClan, but also to him.

He would attempt to nuzzle Sootstar, the chill melting from his blue eyes, from his expression. When he speaks, his voice is thick with emotion. "She will not take WindClan from you. No cat will take what is yours from you while I live. I will die before I let that happen."

He pulls away from her and stares into her eyes, is briefly lost in the glimmering green of them. "I love you. And I will not leave your side. Even if the entire Clan--" He clenches his teeth, "The entire forest is against you, I will be by your side, and I will fight for you."

The queen of wind and hills is exhausted, it showed in her wavering gaze and angry breaths. Exhaustion was a weakness, reluctance was a weakness, and when her clan found her weak spots they lunged for her throat. First Emberfang, Sootstar had known she was a fiery canon... of course she would've been the first to strike. Her limbs still shake, half-expecting her soft-hearted kin to follow her into banishment as well.

Yet their paws remained tied to the moors. Why? Sootstar wishes they'd follow... because now she sits pondering their thoughts, would they plan something sinister? Would they try for another rebellion when the timing was right? The thought terrifies Sootstar, she can feel the power slipping through her translucent claws. This is my clan! Inwardly she hisses, hackles bristling, this clan could never be without me... I am WindClan! I am Sootstar! Queen of hills, wind, tunnels and rabbits.

She wants to yowl out her fury for all to hear, yet she does not let it escape. Her hatred and fear for all of those who opposed her bubbled and boiled up inside her, one day she will snap for good. Only StarClan was to thank for the fact that day was not today.

When Weaselclaw enters her den, he finds her with her dark blue back facing him. Her emerald gaze is boring into the stone wall, its clear she's lost in thought. It didn't take a mind reader to predict she was likely absorbed in thoughts of punishing her enemies and seeing that they got what they deserved. Not many would be able to pleasantly break her from daydreaming's of vengeance, but the cinnamon tabby was one of the few.

She's gone, Emberfang. Her curled tail relaxes and sprawls outwards as she rears her head to face the lead warrior. A light smile, "Good." A content purr. Though Emberfang deserved to have more of her blood spilled tonight, her survival was in the will of the stars... for whatever damn reason. So much for swearing that traitors would choke on their own blood.

Sootstar is intrigued, so what are you here for then? she does not verbally inquire out loud, but she asks with her eyes. Now that she has spung her body around to face Weaselclaw she is met with a pleasant surprise. A nuzzle, and a vow- and Sootstar most certainly loved her vows. Especially when they were genuine and devoted to her. Her heart dances in her chest, what made Weaselclaw's vow different is that she reciprocated. Not only did the soldier love his queen, but the queen loved him.

"I love you too." She murmurs to him, aiming to swipe an affectionate lick across his tabby forehead. "Fight for me as you say you will, and together we'll one day rule the entire forest that hates us so." A promise, a vow of her own. Perhaps it is not power and conquered lands Weaselclaw seeks but gaining and sharing power was a love language the empress spoke fluently.

55572985_s7ZhWDqrAZy3Szu.png

( primary character / "speech" / ic opinions )

╰ ★ ჻ 001 GENERAL INFORMATION ,
· SOOTSTAR, female — she / her
╰ ‣ 31 moons . pisces. ages on the first
╰ ‣ windclan leader . marsh-born . believes in starclan
╰ ‣ former soldier of the marsh group

╰ ★ ჻ 002 VISUALS & AESTHETICS ,
· DOMESTIC FELINE, smells like heather and wet dirt , status — 100%
╰ ‣ blue smoke . scarred chest, difficult to see through fur . green eyes

╰ ★ ჻ 003 MENTALITY & MANNERISMS ,
· ESTJ-A ❝
EXECTUTIVE ❞ , Slytherin, Lawful Evil
╰ ‣ Cunning, brash, fierce, confident, self-reliant, envious & selfish
╰ ‣ finds great difficulty in relating to others . can be cruel, usually shows mercy to those she can find sympathy with
╰ ‣ Appreciates titles such as "miss, m'am" etc

╰ ★ ჻ 004 INTERACTIONS & RELATIONSHIPS ,
· SOOT CLAW x PEBBLE BREEZE, sister to Pebblenose
╰ ‣ heterosexual. romantically interested in Weaselclaw
╰ ‣ mother to owlpaw & shrikepaw
╰ ‣ average fighter . skilled hunter .
╰ ‣ will start fights . unlikely to flee .
╰ ‣ attack in underline . penned by user @ava.

• Love
Reactions: Marquette
╭── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╮

Weaselclaw utters a raspy, rarely-used purr as Sootstar swipes her tongue across his face. "I love you too," she says, and the anger burning inside of him -- at Emberfang, at the traitors among their Clan -- begins to ebb away like a high tide. Their devotion to one another, to the moors she took as their home, to the Clan that thrives despite everything -- it's what makes WindClan worth fighting for.

Weaselclaw returns her lick, swiping his tongue over a soft, tufted ear. Her fur parts like velvet under the roughness of his tongue. "The whole forest will one day see you for what you are. StarClan's chosen." In the evening dusk, gathered thickly in her den, Weaselclaw's blue eyes shine like chips of ice catching starlight. "I'll make sure they do in anyway I can."

He's shocked at the power of his devotion, but it's owed, he feels. Sootstar has made him into what we is -- not a lowly barn cat scraping mice out of hay bales, but a WindClan warrior. A lead warrior, sleeping beneath warrior ancestors and fighting alongside fierce allies.

He rests his chin on the top of her head, letting his purr radiate throughout the both of them. "Are you doing okay, after... everything with Emberfang?" It's a personal question, but it's one a cat would ask their mate, and that's who she is to him. Mate.

Beloved, a word he thinks, a word that shines in blue eyes and emanates from striped fur, but that he does not speak aloud.

He doesn't have to.