ever be, ever see, ever know ࿏ Iciclefang

dcazkjv-784fd9af-c6fc-4975-99a7-2cd6809d0e3a.gif
-ˋˏ ༻ ❆༺ ˎˊ- Pinekit had grown accustomed to the steely cerulean gaze of her mother, the frequent light scoldings meant to correct rather than outright discipline. The tiny tortoiseshell knows what mama looks like when she’s upset or annoyed… and as she is promptly pulled away from playing with her friends, when the kitten looks up, she doesn’t think she recognizes this new look. Dappled ears flatten as the she-kit realizes she had really messed up this time around. In all honesty, the brindled child isn’t sure what possessed her to behave in the way that she had- perhaps she was feeling especially grown today, or maybe Iciclefang had simply caught her on the tail-end of an especially obnoxious argument with Crabkit. She doesn’t know what possessed her when she had told Iciclefang to shut up, all Pinekit knows is that the feeling of anxious ice in the back of her throat was beginning to ache under the strain of holding back tears- and she hated it, being pulled away from her friends… placed under this unfamiliar blue glower. Mismatched brow bones knit together as she struggles with the bubbling emotions, her mother opens her mouth to say something and she… she… ”w-well I…hate you!” The outburst is born from frustration, petulance. With her ears clasped tightly to her brindled crown, Pinekit is quick to glare at her paws. In all truth, the kitten doesn’t even really know what that words means- she’s only ever heard it in passing. At the very least, the molly knows it means dislike, but that word didn’t quite communicate her vexation as effectively as hate did.

• @iciclefang

• PINEKIT she/her, kit of riverclan, 2 moons.
    plush-furred tortoiseshell she-kit with white dipped forepaws, tail tip, and muzzle and round, honey hued optics.
    daughter of Iciclefang && Stormywing ࿏ sister to Cragkit && Crabkit
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / / underline and tag when attacking
    penned by Noor@toyangel on discord, feel free to dm for plots.

• Wow
Reactions: Marquette
Her sons are easy, she thinks with weariness—Crabkit is sweet-tempered, if a little messy, and Cragkit is dutiful, playful. Neither of them has shown her their teeth to the extent her daughter has begun to, and she isn’t sure what brought this on. “Shut up,” Pinekit snaps at her, and Iciclefang’s blue eyes narrow into slits. “What did you just say to me?” She lifts a paw and cuffs Pinekit over the right ear.What have I told you about respecting your elders?

But the next words that burst from Pinekit’s mouth are unexpected. “I hate you,”she cries, frustration thinning her complaint into a razor-sharp pike’s fin. It gouges her deeper than she could have anticipated—part of her is genuinely wounded. The other part flares with anger. She wishes she could cuff Pinekit again, but she no longer sees the point in it. It has only worsened the tantrum on this occasion.

You hate me?” She repeats. Her tone, despite the burn in her chest, is cold and flat as a well-worn river stone. She stares at her daughter and says, “You will speak to me with respect, or you will not speak to me at all. Do you understand me? You will sit in the nest for the rest of the day and think about what you’ve done. You will not play with the other kits.” Resolve thickens her voice. “And if you truly hate me after all is said and done, then so be it.

• ooc:
  • DEuJTnr.jpg
  • Iciclekit . Iciclepaw . Iciclefang, she/her w/ feminine terms.
    — “speech”, thoughts, attack
    — 23 moons old, ages realistically on the 17th.
    — mentored by Smokestar ; mentoring Cicadapaw ; previously mentored n/a
    — riverclan lead warrior & queen. mudpelt x icesparkle, gen 2.
    — former mate to Stormywing ; current mate to no one.
    — penned by Marquette.

sh tortoiseshell and white she-cat with ice-blue eyes. confident, capable, proud, dry, conceited, condescending, distrustful.

• WHAT
Reactions: Pinepaw ⭒

-ˋˏ ༻ ❆༺ ˎˊ- The quick cuff leaves her ear throbbing, but Pinekit had more or less been expecting it… deep down, some part of the kitten had been telling her to shut it, but the part that burned red with frustration had been so much louder, growing into something ugly long before she had told her mother to shut up. Even after the outburst is done with, she reaffirms her discontent anyways by stomping her forepaw against the ground. Pinekit grumbles something incoherent, eyes unwilling to lift from the alabaster tops of her paws, knowing seeing her mothers reaction to her outburst would only make her feel worse, and the girl didn’t wanna feel bad things anymore, the bitterness that had soured her thoughts and mood was beginning to wane, regret for it all crawling in. Half of her was simply expecting Iciclefang to brush the exclamation off and go on with duling out inevitable consequences. Iciclefang instead repeats it, but for whatever reason it sounds meaner in her mothers voice… intense, almost. Pinekit finally looks upward, but her eyes are still half-hidden by knitted brows, the stare she is met with sends an inexplicable shiver up the young girl's spine. Her maw parts slightly, but the child is silenced before a squeak can be uttered. Pinekit had been in trouble enough to know how the rest of her day would go, sat in the nest. What takes her by surprise is being told so be it, as though her mother didn’t care at all. It stings, and Pinekit doesn’t know why, she hadn’t been expecting her proclamation to earn anything more then the queens ire. Yet, she truly didn’t care? “Wh-what do you mean?” The she-kit stutters with a confused frown. “You would let me hate you? You wouldn’t even try to…” Pinekit is grasping for words, and working with limited time. “You wouldn’t even care if I didn’t like you?” Her forepaws distractedly shuffle away the dry surface of the soil below. The tortoiseshell doesn’t understand anything right now, other than she was suddenly feeling disconnected from something important, and that her mother suddenly felt a world away for no real reason. Sadness would prod the coals of her dying anger, and a pout would shift between a frown and a disgruntled line, if mama didn’t care- maybe she’d run away instead. That’d show her.

• PINEKIT she/her, kit of riverclan, 2 moons.
    plush-furred tortoiseshell she-kit with white dipped forepaws, tail tip, and muzzle and round, honey hued optics.

Pinekit’s face creases into a frown tinted with confusion. “Wh-what do you mean,” the tiny tortoiseshell stutters. “You would let me hate you? You wouldn’t even try to… you wouldn’t even care if I didn’t like you?” Iciclefang’s expression remains cool, even as her heart wrenches in place. She cannot tell her daughter the truth—that Pinekit’s words had seared her, had flayed her to her bones—because she cannot bear to give the kit that power. If she knew her words had that much strength behind them, she would weaponize them, because that’s what kits did. Iciclefang had learned that much, at least.

The queen stares her daughter in her liquid gold eyes, so much like Stormywing’s, and finally mews, “I will not try to change your mind. I will go on being your mother, and loving you, but if you decide you hate me, then so be it, as I said.” She sets her jaw tight enough that her teeth might shatter. “I will never hate you, no matter what you think of me. You are my daughter. I just have to hope I taught you better than that.

• ooc:
  • DEuJTnr.jpg
    — 24 moons old, ages realistically on the 17th.
    — penned by Marquette.

sh tortoiseshell and white she-cat with ice-blue eyes. confident, capable, proud, dry, conceited, condescending, distrustful.

-ˋˏ ༻ ❆༺ ˎˊ- Any wistful thoughts of retaliation are quick to be stomped out after her mother opens her maw once more, and though Iciclefang’s reply is disappointing, her tone remains eerily cool, steady, her posture prim. Iciclefang hardly even blinks, and Pinekit is hit with a sudden awareness of her own emotional state, the tears that burn like needle-pricks along her waterline, her conflicting pout and knitted brows. In the face of the poise she looks up to with a passion, Pinekit is left feeling small, the anger that made her feel so big has been finally cut down under the icy daggers of her mothers stare. I will never hate you. Brindled ears flatten in shame.
You are my daughter.
An alabaster muzzle is forced downward under invisible weight.
I just have to hope I taught you better than that. There is a sense of finality to her mothers last sentence, and Pinekit’s teeth have found sanctuary in the folds of her inner cheek. Guilt has swelled something heavy in her chest, wrapping around her heart and squeezing. For a moment, her undeveloped brain would scramble through the last stretch of time, from the moment she had crossed the verbal line to now, being crushed under a mix of her mother’s stony composure and the shame that had been freshly instilled in Pinekit. She was the daughter of greatness, of power that can crush in only a stare, and she had let her emotions disappoint her idol. “Y-you have.” The poor mimic of her mother would finally concede, though her teary-sheened eyes refuse to lift from the ground. “I’ll be better… I-I’m sorry.” Not daring to use the word ‘mama’ after her poor behavior, Pinekit is desperate to wriggle free from the hold of this conversation, to be left to wallow in her inferiority on her own. “I promise.”

• PINEKIT she/her, kit of riverclan, 4 moons.

Her daughter's sunlit eyes are glossy; tears swim beneath their surfaces like fish in a secret river. Iciclefang regards Pinekit coolly, but after the little tortoiseshell kitten apologizes, something almost perceptibly softens in the queen's glacial expression. "I know you are," she mews quietly, and gently, she bends to kiss the sting from Pinekit's ebony ear. "You are better. You are my daughter, and one day, you will make this Clan so proud. You will make me so proud."

She doesn't say what lies, furry as an overripe berry, on the tip of her tongue: that she already is proud of Pinekit. She holds that part of herself back from her little look-a-like daughter, holds it in a secret place where it mildews and mosses over, unknown and unseen. But the love gleaming from sapphire eyes is palpable—despite it all, perhaps Pinekit can feel the adoration her mother still has for her, despite her hateful, tantrum-taut words. Perhaps she can feel it, despite the way Iciclefang proportions her affections, holds parts of herself back and away.

• ooc:
  • DEuJTnr.jpg
    — 24 moons old, ages realistically on the 17th.
    — penned by Marquette.

• Sad
Reactions: Pinepaw ⭒