pafp every day a little more you've been dying — prey pile

The sky is painted with beautiful shades of orange, red, and yellow— the sun sets in the west; another day is coming to a close. It was a long day, a day full of patrols, hunting and training. And depending on who you ask... they'll say it was either a good or a bad day. It was a productive day for the new lead warrior; he and Pebblepaw tackled more battle lessons. Foxtail isn't known for being a warrior that is eager to leap onto the battle field.... he isn't the strongest warrior, but he hopes Pebblepaw will morph into a capable warrior one day. The tom looks toward the west as the sun continues to disappear beyond the horizon, and he lets out a sigh. StarClan, I could watch this until Silverpelt is visible.... But then, his belly rumbles with hunger. Oh, right! He shakes his head, he got so enthralled by the sunset— he nearly forgot to grab something to eat!

He can only hope that there is something good left on the prey pile. The tom typically isn't this late to grabbing his fair share after a day of hard work, and his eyes widen with surprise as the pile comes into view. There's a rabbit— laying limp on the pile! It might surprise some folks, but Foxtail enjoys more than just fish. Rabbit is his favorite land prey here in RiverClan. Rabbit is quite uncommon— but they do race into RiverClan territory time to time, and some times a warrior is lucky to catch one. And the lead warrior was not expecting his eyes to lay upon one, especially this late into the evening!

His belly rumbles as he pads forward, and the tom crouches down to claim the rabbit. ...But before he can sink his fangs into the juicy piece of prey, it's swiped away! Literally right as Foxtail crouches low to the ground, and he didn't even get a chance to blink. He looks over to his right, and sees the rabbit in the jaws of Jaggedpaw. His tail twitches as he tries to think; did Jaggedpaw not notice Foxtail about to grab it? "O-Oh you were looking at the rabbit too?" He mews nervously, not wanting to accuse Jaggedpaw of taking the rabbit right from under him. "I-I was about to grab it too..." But I guess I can settle for something else... But Foxtail would be lying if he didn't feel disappointed right now...

• please wait for @Jaggedpaw to post
  • 82418929_FoLQDUUK9zQigyb.png

credit to raphaelion (via da) for the artwork <3
  • Foxtail
    lead warrior
    20 moons
    warmhearted
    timid
    experience: trained
    backstory: [HYPERLINK]
    biography: [HYPERLINK]
    credit to meghan for the chibi <3
    cisgender male [he / him]
    eyes: green
    pelt: cinnamon/chocolate
    fur length: long
    parents: dawnflower and redfur (riverclan npcs)