EVERY NIGHT I TRY // hunting patrol

// hunting patrol with @ASHENFALL @MIREPURR @BATCHASER @Sweetpaw tag your apprentices if you’ve got em!
This is open for cats who come across the patrol if you want :)

Forestshade leads the group of cats through the marsh, deciding to head towards the stream that cuts through their territory. Her jaws remain parted and ears are perked, ready to notice any trace of prey. “We’ll hunt into the night if we have to - but with all these frogs I doubt we’ll stay past sundown,” She trills happily to her clanmates.

She feels mud squish between her toes as they reach the bank and she comes to a stop, the rushing water a familiar sound to the blind lead warrior. “There’s gotta be tons here,” Her comment comes as a mutter, whiskers twitching while her head cranes this way and that to catch any sound that may reach them. “Sweetpaw, you hear that?” She suddenly asks her apprentice with an excited smile, a croak coming from closer to the water’s edge. “Show me how you’d get prey like that.” It is in an awkward place, after all.

8Xs7ngd.png

The scents of the marsh engulf them, and Mirepurr happily trots after Forestshade and the rest of the patrol. Newleaf makes everything so much more vibrant and lively. Thank StarClan new growths don't bother my nose. They always feel a pang of pity for their Clanmates when they get into a sneezing fit, unable to stop themselves even if they wipe their paw on their nose, surely alerting every enemy and scaring all prey in the vicinity. Instead, Mirepurr gets to inhale deeply and savor everything.

Including the overwhelming scent of food. The air is filled with their croaks, conjoining into a thrilling chorus. It is a wonder if ShadowClan would grow tired of the slimy texture of a frog after catching so many of them.

"They might as well jump into our paws," Mirepurr nods to Forestshade, glancing down at their own paws and wondering if that'd ever be a possibility. Maybe they overwhelm the land so much that they have to try and get further apart from one another, hopping straight into their cage of claws.

Their tail swishes over the ground as they come to a halt beside the lead warrior. Would Sweetpaw be victorious? With the lack of prey not at all a concern on their horizon, Mirepurr opts to observing his method — even if the apprentice fails, none of the Clan would go hungry tonight. At least it's a chance for them to learn how to guide an inexperienced cat, should they ever become a mentor as well. "You got this!"

---

• 8Xs7ngd.png
  • MIREPURR SHADOWCLAN WARRIOR
    ────── THEY/THEM ✦ PENNED BY KARMEN ✦ 04/15
  •