EVERYONE IS ALWAYS CONNECTED.. ⋆ ༄ poppypaw

( tags ) A small body breathes shallowly in the medicine den dug out of the marsh. A fickle thing, life was, especially for those who'd only known it for a short while. Why was it that the young and blameless were snuffed out so easily while the corrupt lived on long enough to lose track of the moons they saw? Perhaps Death had an affection for the innocent.

Tiny red paws found footing on soft, starlit ground, and Poppykit would step without pain or fatigue for the first time in nearly half of their short life. They purred and shook out fluffy, shimmering fur—a drastic difference from the thin and dulled pelt of their ailing earthly body—and turned to find who they were supposed to be speaking to. Poppykit bounced up to their heavenly companion with a familiar smile on their face, "Hello, my friend. Have they sent you to bring me to Starclan?"

Poppykit lacked fear, instead speaking with reverence and soft enthusiasm at their potential welcome into the heavens. Perhaps their close brush with Death the moon previous settled them more comfortably within its paws.

@Poppypaw

"SPEECH"

Her namesake finds her long before she can even acknowledge what was happening.
She knew this cat the moment she arrived into the world, small and starlit but not dead. Not yet. And hopefully not anytime soon. The red and white apprentice marveled at how her sleek white mentor had somehow had a kitten who looked so bright and colorful when he himself was pale as the mountains he came from. The smile on her maw widens in thought and she swallows down the unease at another ShadowClan kitten finding their way here in the throes of near death, she hoped the journey cats would return successful from their quest sooner rather than later.
"Sorry! StarClan is for dead cats, you're just visiting! Special privilege!" It was nicer than telling the kitten she was so close to death the boundary between their worlds was merging slightly, that her body was shuddering and fighting to breath back in a nest in the world below.
"I'm Poppypaw, I bet your dad has talked about me before! Fought an entire bear you know, sent it running real good but guess it got a good hit in on me."

• Crying
Reactions: STUMPYSPOTS