camp everyone is the same too / intro

LIONGRASS.

scholarly king.
Nov 18, 2022
DO YOU WALK IN THE VALLEY OF KINGS ✧°.☀ ————————————
Liongrass... was not the type of cat to simply laze about camp. After all, he felt like he always had to go somewhere. He was energetic; just staying in camp would be so... boring. It made him feel lethargic. Yet, each time he tried to move and go, some cat needed his help and he'd sigh, drag his paws and help them. Whether they were a warrior who needed someone to babysit their apprentice, or someone just needing something fetched for them... But now, now he could finally go out and do his own thing!

Of course, this was until a kitten had dragged him to look at some... art, and despite his protests, he couldn't say no. It was made out of different feathers and pelts.
"Wow.... it sure looks nice." Liongrass grimaced. All he needed was for someone else to pay attention to the little kit, and he could leave. Knowing him, though, the other cat would drag him into a conversation. He sighed, and then the cinnamon tabby snapped his head up. "Hey! Can someone take a look at this kit's good artwork?"
[penned by dazai] -
———————————— ☀.°✧ DO YOU WALK IN THE SHADOW OF MEN

I ACT LIKE I DON'T F*CKING CARE
marmotkit | 1.5 months | female | she/her | physically easy | mentally medium | attack in bold #9ab973

Artwork - is that what they're calling it now? Marmotkit watches with a wrinkled nose and a look of disgust plain as day upon her still healing face. It looks like a mess to her - as though someone had simply not cleaned up their leftover prey scraps. But as nosy as she is, she's not mean - at least, not on purpose - and so she bites back her initial response, settling for a half-hearted "its.... nice?" that sounds very much like a lie even to her own ears. Mismatched gaze stares blankly at it for another moment before flitting to the warrior who'd bothered making her shout the praise in the first place. She's still getting used to the sheer number of cats here - faces and heavens forbid names she now must memorize. She doesn't know this one, but she settles for simply referring to him as 'the red one' within the confines of her own mind. After all, marmotkit and sootstar and bristlekit are already hard enough to remember without adding another to the mix. It's not as though it matters anyways - the only adult she plans on spending any time around is the brown one who smells like herbs and the 'sootstar' who had been kind enough to allow her to stay - even if it had been against her will, a part of her acknowledges that without knowing where mother and brother are she'd probably have been food for the crows.

Thymepaw - er, Thymeroot - blinks at the cinnamon tabby's call. Artwork? It can't be... it can't be that bad, can it?

Intrigue takes over and the fawn point pads over. Cornflower eyes gaze down upon the... artwork... and the proud kit that sits beside it. Feathers and fur strewn together in a mess - one that, if it weren't for his new warrior status, he'd have to ultimately clean up.

"Well, I think it's lovely," he starts, a nod following his sentence. Thymeroot looks over at Liongrass, who, in all honesty, seems desperate for someone to take the kid off his paws. Stars know he'll have to be the one to do so. He looks back at the kit, a gentleness in his voice as he continues speaking. "Hey! I reckon... I reckon some flowers'll make it even lovelier! Maybe we can find some, yeah?"