private EVERYONE'S A CURSE OR SOMETHING WORSE \ raccoonstripe

STORMKIT

THE TRIVIAL SUBLIME
Jul 5, 2024

"Dad!" The word burst out of his mouth the second he scented that familiar little drift ... oak forest, grit, confidence. Yeah, that was his dad- it was only subtly different than every other grown-up, but different just enough... familiar, just enough... for Stormkit to know when he strayed near. He approached unfocusedly, messily-placed paws clumsy but purposeful. Up, up, up he craned his neck- finding where he thought Dad's eyes should be, up there somewhere.

Determination lit in cloudy copper depths. "You gotta bring me the biggest prey!" Yeah, and he had the appetite for it! He wouldn't be wasting food, and he wanted it, but- hey, he wasn't a brat, no way. No, he wouldn't ask just because he wanted ... not outta Dad, anyway. This was important, and about his future and stuff! "So I can grow bigger than all the other kits, and be the leader!" In games, he meant... but leader of ThunderClan wouldn't be too shabby.

\ @RACCOONSTRIPE !!
penned by pin ༄

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Marquette
"Dad!" Little paws attached to long, lanky legs scamper across the clearing as soon as Raccoonstripe breaks through the gorse tunnel and into camp. The tabby is weary, but he smiles anyway, though Stormkit won't see it. His steps are messy, scrambled, and his filmy brown eyes focus nowhere, but Raccoonstripe can't help the purr that bursts from his throat. It's never occurred to him how nice it is to be wanted like the kits want his attention, his presence, the prey bits he brings them at the end of the day. The tabby lowers his face and bumps his nose against his son's tufted black cheek.

"You gotta bring me the biggest prey!" Raccoonstripe lifts a paw and gently, playfully cuffs Stormkit over his ears. "And what do you think I've been trying to do all day, huh?" His feathered tail gestures ruefully to the kill he'd dropped in the fresh-kill pile — nothing extraordinary, just a mouse and a particularly fat water vole he'd searched through Sunningrocks for so his kits could get a taste for the prey there. "I got you all something tasty, I promise. Ever had vole?" He pats again at his son's pointed, scruffy black ears.

But why does Stormkit want the biggest prey? Raccoonstripe's eyes narrow with amusement as the little tom flits about his paws. "So I can grow bigger than all the other kits, and be the leader!" "So you want to be leader, eh? Someday, you just might be, you know." Raccoonstripe feels the taste of his own ambition like blood in his mouth, and he scrutinizes Stormkit thoughtfully. Could a blind cat lead a Clan as great as ThunderClan? Perhaps, with the right deputy, the right council, a tight-knit Clan of warriors... He hrmms low in his throat and flicks the tip of his tail. "And what would be your first decree as Clan leader, Stormkit?" The amusement doesn't leave his voice, but there's a seriousness there now, too.

• ooc:
  • 74327127_amPwOaY4eGaGkj8.png
  • Raccoon . Raccoonstripe, he/him w/ masculine terms.
    — "speech”, thoughts, attack
    — 43 moons old, ages realistically on the 5th.
    — mentored by n/a ; mentoring Thistlepaw ; previously mentored Wildheart, Moonwhisper
    — thunderclan lead warrior. gray wolf x howlingstar, gen 2.
    — currently mated to Nightbird.
    — penned by Marquette.

lh black tabby with white and dark brown eyes. charismatic, charming, calculating, ambitious, shallow, manipulative.

Stormkit flicked his ear at the rumbling he heard- Dad's purr, he'd heard it a lot whenever he'd called for him, whenever he'd flocked to weave around his feet. Keeping sensitive whiskers close to his father's foreleg to make sure he didn't get under him and trip him up by accident, Stormkit too erupted in his own purring, the contagious of it swelling all through his throat. He met Dad's touch with a little trill, and his nostrils flared at the mention of vole. "No, never!" he chimed, paws twitching in a little dance. Alright! And surely he got first bite, right? Considering he was the first one to ask and everything ... seemed fair.

Someday, you just might be. Stormkit's expression blazed with assertiveness. His tail fluffed up in spiked- yeah, ThunderClan leader Stormstar, it made a whole bunch of sense, didn't it? Grinning eagerly, Stormkit ran a tiny pink tongue over his milk fangs. First decree, though- hey, that was a tough one. Stormkit thought for a bit too long. His tongue still poked out, and he sucked in a breath past it that squeaked between the tips of his teeth.

"Ummmm ...." His claws flexed. "Gotta pick a deputy, don't I?" His head hit his shoulder thoughtfully. "You'd be my deputy, then. And, um ... I'd make it a rule that there's no talking to trespassers! Just slap 'em!"
penned by pin ༄

Stormkit's exuberance causes a smile to tremble over Raccoonstripe's serious features, though his small son can't see it; perhaps he can hear the passing warmth in his father's voice, though. "I'll let you have first bite, but you can't tell Tigerkit." He doesn't elaborate (nor does he consider that he's creating rivalries deeper than the gorge that runs through RiverClan and WindClan's territories) — he merely presents the fat water vole to his fourthborn with a ceremonious shove. "Taste it. It's different from mouse, isn't it?" Stormkit would be able to tell him how it differed, too, how the meat melted on the tongue, how the tang of the river ran through the creature's blood...

His child stands importantly — albeit lankily, awkwardly — as Raccoonstripe hails him as ThunderClan's future leader. Stormkit's chest puffs with air, and his claws unsheathe and flex in the dirt. "You'd be my deputy, then." Raccoonstripe's teeth flash in another grin. "Listen to you! Maybe I'll make you my deputy someday!" He laughs, but it's not derisive for once. Stormkit's first decree is a sensible one, one he'd employ for himself.

"That's a good rule. No one belongs on ThunderClan territory except ThunderClan. Isn't that right?" He nudges his son's scruffy dark head with a lilting dark nose.

• ooc:
  • 74327127_amPwOaY4eGaGkj8.png
  • Raccoon . Raccoonstripe, he/him w/ masculine terms.
    — "speech”, thoughts, attack
    — 43 moons old, ages realistically on the 5th.
    — mentored by n/a ; mentoring Thistlepaw ; previously mentored Wildheart, Moonwhisper
    — thunderclan lead warrior. gray wolf x howlingstar, gen 2.
    — currently mated to Nightbird.
    — penned by Marquette.

lh black tabby with white and dark brown eyes. charismatic, charming, calculating, ambitious, shallow, manipulative.