pafp fancy dress, velvet lies // a familiar face

◇​ I FOUND A MARTYR - HE TOLD ME THAT I'D NEVER ◇​

siltcloud & 17 moons & female & she/her & shadowclan warrior

Just because the other clans have settled within the territory, does not mean that siltcloud has given up on her adventures, no they're only put on hold. But it'd be a bit suspicious if she was suddenly around all the time - and she can't have that. Mud-stained paws carry her through the marshlands absently, though she avoids straying to close to the burnt sycamore for now. She does not wish to run into any more trouble than she needs, and if she's honest there's quite a few faces she wants to avoid. For the same reason she'd felt discomfited at the gathering, she feels anxious - too many scents, too many faces.

The rustle of plantlife has ears pricked, and she drops into a crough on instinct - jaws parting. But no, it's not the scent of prey that lingers upon her tongue, but something else. It's familiar, yet not - skyclan mingled over another that she struggles to place. At least, until they come face to face. Green eyes flick up from the ground on instinct, only to widen as she freezes, the whisper of a name falling from her lips before she thinks better of it. "Lux?" how is he here? He - he was a loner, wasn't he? Or... he had been, clearly. Why else would he be here, reeking of that kitty-pet clan.

Hackles raise for a moment as she panics - nobody had heard that, right? She is far from the others of her patrol, but she does not know if lux is out here alone. She does not wish to explain just how, exactly, she knows such a cat - there is only so much she can lie after all. "Ah - hello," it comes out silted and awkward, the dull furred molly simply at a loss for words.

• Actions && "Speech," && ' Thoughts/Quotes '

ooc: please wait for @LUX to respond first
    tw/cw: —
  • A dust hued cinnamon tabby with white markings and sage green eyes. Her fur is dull and unkept, her figure frail and slight, and she most notably has five toes upon each of her four paw. With the death of loampelt, something within siltcloud seems to have changed - no longer is she as soft-spoken as before, instead easily snapping at her clanmates and throwing herself into training her apprentice.

physically medium && mentally hard
    non-violent powerplay allowed && healing powerplay allowed && minor injury powerplay not-allowed
    please attack using [b][color=#ddadaf]action here[/color][/b] and tag account

just because i carry it so well doesn't mean it's not heavy .
︶꒦꒷♡꒷꒦︶
One thing Lux prided himself in was his adaptability, but the marshes were something—especially the smell, but he wasn’t one to complain. If the ShadowClanners had to smell it and they lived here, then the least he could do is stay positive. No doubt, grating on a few with his seamless chatter, but it was helping him cope. He felt guilt, unable to help his clan when the rogues attacked, getting away with nothing, but by his word, Lux felt split—raw.

He hadn’t been paying attention, padding through the unfamiliar territory, or rather, where they could go when he stumbled on a familiar face. His odd eyes widened, noting the rising panic from the way her hackle rose. Oh. He couldn’t help but remember Slitcloud’s words—not wanting to return home. He supposed this was what she meant.

The cream-ticked tabby schooled his expression, offering a smile as if he were meeting a stranger. “Guess I got a bit turned around!” He laughed, grinning sheepishly. “My name’s Lux! I’m one of SkyClan’s newer recruits.” He offered, hobbling on three legs. He hoped that was a good enough explanation, not wanting her to think he was deceiving her then.
thought speech

Commission_-_Fireflypaw_IcarusFell3.png
Fireflypaw hated awkward meetings. He hated dead silence, followed by small talk, followed by more silence. But as he listens from a short distance away, he realizes that this molly recognized Lux from somewhere, maybe. Were they friends, beyond the Clans? He blinks, anxiety bubbling up inside of him for some reason he cannot explain.

So instead of simmering in it, Fireflypaw decides to be nosy just this once, padding over to sit beside Lux, head tilted owlishly in question. "Do you know this molly, Lux?" He asks curiously, wanting to know more now the longer he stuck around. He loved a good story, so would they have one? He wonders if they were enemies, or, or.. Perhaps even lovers? Yes? "Maybe I was just hearing things, but she said your name. You're so silly to forget the people you meet, Lux!" He is awfully naive in moments like these..​
SKYCLAN MEDICINE CAT APPRENTICE ✦ 15 MOONS ✦ CHUNKY, BIG-FOOTED SEAL POINT ✦ TAGS