fastest gun in the west ☆ otterpaw

CHICORYPAW

* ˚ ✦ salmon jammin' everywhere!
May 15, 2023

*:・゚ (^˵◕ω◕˵^) a variety of snails are being compiled together in a mound by the edges of camp with some trying to make a daring escape but because of their lack of speed, fail to get very far before a snow-kissed paw is swooping down from above and brushing them back with the rest. any passing bystanders who stumbled upon this oddity would either scrunch their noses and continue on with their day or stop momentairly to ask what she was getting up to which chicorypaw responds with "settin' up a game!" which seemed to be enough of an answer before leaving her alone to her own devices again. the blue tortoiseshell would stick out a pink tongue as she deems this to be a good amount of snails before beginning to seperate them into two little groups, five for each pile. perfect! now all she needs to do is find. . ."otterpaw!" her cheery voice rings loudly across the clearing when pale green eyes lock onto her chimera denmate in the near distance, plush tail waving to and fro beckoning the tom to come over.

whenever otterpaw decides to approach, she will immediately launch into an spiel. "just the cat i was lookin' for! look, i spent all morning collecting a bunch of snails for a challenge! basically, we're gonna have a snail-eating competition and whoever can't finish all five loses and uhh, has to. . .uhm." the molly trails off, trying to think of what could be offered as a prize before speaking again. "you can decide what the winner gets! so how about it, think you can beat me or are you gonna turn and run like a scardey-mouse?" she asks with a cheeky expression, gesturing with a paw towards the two awaiting piles of snails who are none the wiser about the fate that they will meet.

@otterpaw

• 🟆 just regular kid activities
  • perhaps larger reference added here?
  • Untitled217_20230803181343.png
    ━━━ chicorypaw
    ━━━ 6 moons.
    ━━━ she/her ; apprentice of riverclan.
    ━━━ pansexual poly ; single & oblivious.
    ━━━ lh blue tortoiseshell w/ low white
    ━━━ "speech"'thoughts'attack
    ━━━ penned by cobatic
    ━━━ art by me

Otterpaw's been careful to avoid the gaze of any warriors that remained in camp. He was not looking forward to any outtings that afternoon, and kept himself surprisingly well-hidden until the search for him was given up and the patrol had continued to leave. A smooth flat pelt emerged from the reeds, his pelt damp as evidence the tom had near completely submerged himself in the shallows to stay out of sight. An exhale of relief huffed from his maw as no one shouted for him to hurry and catch up, and his expression quickly turned up into a smug grin.

His relief has nearly cut short as he heard his name shouted across camp, but quickly he would recognize Chicorypaw's voice. Her excitable pitch catching the attention of him and the few bodies that were resting before their next task. Otterpaw's gait changed to a confident stride as he began to pad her way. Jaws open to greet her coolly but he's not even able to get that far, his mouth hanging open as he listened to her. His focus flickered between the hoard of snails and back to silky tortoiseshell as he lit up in amusement. A snail eating contest? He got to choose the prize? Count him in for a million.

Otterpaw has never even thought of including snails in his diet. Surprisingly, despite finding anything to put his teeth on as a kit, they had been safe from his jaws. However, he would never back down from a challenge, especially not when the challenger was her.

"I think I could beat you with double the snails, but I'll win with what's here already." Otterpaw rounded one of the piles and pawed one of the snails onto the back of its shell, squinting as he looked at it. "I choose the winner's prize... Alright. Winner gets to eat first when its the apprentice's turn to. Only fair since I can get the taste of fish after this stuff." He cupped his paw over the snail and held it in his paw pad as he brought it closer to his mouth.

"Sound like a deal?"
RIVERCLAN APPRENTICE ✦ BLUE-BLACK CHIMERA ✦ 6 MOONS ✦ TAGS

Last edited: